Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Chris Wood

Always cautious whenever we're looking to sign some big unit. We're playing good football this year and any motivation to revert to something stone-age is a serious step backwards.

If he's happy to come and sit on the bench and be "Plan B" then fine. If he's expecting to start games on a regular basis? Eh, I'd rather Waghorn.

He's not a giant or anything, he can still play.

Just heard Pearson talk about Chris Wood on RL he said "No not a million £ to my knowledge, as you know I won't be drawn into speculation, it's not fair on all parties." read what you want from that...

NP won't be drawn into speculation and rightly so, but the signs sound promising and if Futacs goes I think we will bring in another striker in addition to Wood.

Just heard Pearson talk about Chris Wood on RL he said "No not a million £ to my knowledge, as you know I won't be drawn into speculation, it's not fair on all parties." read what you want from that...

So they've made an initial bid of less than £1 million then? That's how I read it. Maybe we've tested the water with a bid of 750k - ish.

So they've made an initial bid of less than £1 million then? That's how I read it. Maybe we've tested the water with a bid of 750k - ish.

Or maybe more than a million.

always liked the look of this guy, has scored goal`s in this league wherever he has played, Let`s see what noises his camp are making first ahead of a potential move! he won`t be the last striker were linked with from not until the end of the january window!

Ok his goal record may not be 'prolific' and he's not a big name, but if you watch him play he always impresses. Touch, vision etc I really rate this guy from what I've seen of him.

And he's 'new Zealandish', I've always wanted an excuse to support them!

Well, which is it?

With your track record it can only mean he'll be shit for us. :D

He might be, still don't rate De Laet though Babylon.

Anyway, people saying they would prefer Futacs and Waghorn, Wood has had a cracking season for Millwall he is not a target man, he is a target man turned finisher, the lad can do both, and to me I am excited at this prospect.

If truth is right and we are after two strikers, to me that would mean Futacs might be gone, and Beckford will definitely be sold, leaving us with Nugent, Waghorn and Vardy(won't count Schlupp).

If we got Wood in I would be happy, four new signings are needed in January I think, two strikers if reports are true, a central midfielder and a left-back. If we want a centre back, I would just be happy with keeping Keane on loan till the end of the season.

IF we sell Futacs and Beckford in January, then I would personally love us to sign Wood and maybe attempt to get James Vaughn? Always rated him, he has pace to burn and his goal scoring record seems to improve every year!

Also I think we should sell Gally and possibly bring in another winger someone powerful and fast, someone like that sako from wolves not actually him but someone like him? Or someone like Ross Barkley!

That just makes you look like you look stubborn.

We have the best defence in the league and he has played a part in this without question.

Our weakest defender though :D

Can attack with speed all he likes, defensive wise I am still not sure.

Archived