Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Chris Wood

Always cautious whenever we're looking to sign some big unit. We're playing good football this year and any motivation to revert to something stone-age is a serious step backwards.

If he's happy to come and sit on the bench and be "Plan B" then fine. If he's expecting to start games on a regular basis? Eh, I'd rather Waghorn.

Never rated him personally. His career stats are somewhat patchy and I remember him being hauled off in the first half against us when playing for Barnsley because he was having a stinker. That said, I (and everyone else should) know from experience that what a player's done at previous clubs means nothing, most were excited about Beckford, a lot about Bednar, a few about Nugent and look how all of those turned out! In summary, you can never tell.

If Pearson wants him I've faith in Pearson to get the best out of any player that he signs so I'll trust him on this one. As others have said Percy John, or whatever his name is, is very reliable for Midlands football news.

nugent? How would u say he's turned out?

According to the BBC we are after two strikers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20709041?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Leicester City are eager to sign at least one striker in the January transfer window with Chris Wood believed to be their main target, BBC Radio Leicester reports.

The 21-year old is on loan at Millwall from West Brom and has scored eight goals in 16 games for the Lions.

Foxes boss Nigel Pearson is understood to be currently chasing two strikers.

But it is not clear whether he is keeping his options open or wants to make a double signing next month.

He's stated he wants to sign permanently with Millwall so if they put a bid in that matches or betters ours, it'll be interesting to see what happens. If he joins us then he'll not have to move house but perhaps he fancies a gig down the smoke. He'll be definite first choice there but with us, he'll be up against Waghorn, Vardy, Futacs and although that's not the highest of calibre they are all Pearson signings and he'll not be a guaranteed starter.

He's stated he wants to sign permanently with Millwall so if they put a bid in that matches or betters ours, it'll be interesting to see what happens. If he joins us then he'll not have to move house but perhaps he fancies a gig down the smoke. He'll be definite first choice there but with us, he'll be up against Waghorn, Vardy, Futacs and although that's not the highest of calibre they are all Pearson signings and he'll not be a guaranteed starter.

I don't think Millwall could afford to sign a player for £1m, my mate's a season ticket holder there - she says they've hardly got a pot to piss in.

Archived