Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Chris Wood

I didn't hear or read many mutterings of discontent when we were linked with any of these players mate.

This is rather ridiculous I think..

Not saying there were any mutterings of discontent - just saying that a lot of people expected them to be quality and they turned out t be absolute gash, hence why I said the opinions of football fans and the reality of things are often very different.

Wouldn't worry about it Deep, until window opens and SSN confiirm it followed 48hrs later by OS, prior to then purely conjecture or BS!

I think I've got away with claiming to be ITK really lightly, I was expecting all manner of abuse.

But...I do know someone who knows Chris Wood. She looked after him when he was on a 16-18 contract at West Brom with her son and he keeps in touch with her and her son and takes them out for meals. She mentioned sometime last week that Leicester had enquired to WBA about him and she texted him the other day when I pointed out that there was a newspaper story about him going to Huddersfield. According to her, he has heard nothing about any solid interest from Huddersfield and it is all rumour.

She said she would text him and ask him about Leicester but she didn't mention it today and I was too busy to ask. I only thought about it when I got home and looked at Foxestalk.

So I am either BSing or quite poor at being ITK. It is up to individuals to decide! I'm sorry if anyone was waiting for information but I won't see her until Monday. I will definitely ask her though, mainly for my own information but I will pass it on if anyone is interested and inclined to believe me.

For...one....final......time....

I'm not disagreeing that these three players have been poor for City. IMO they have. All three.

However, they were NOT considered bad players before they joined City. Not by the bulk of their own fans, not by the media and not by Sven who paid handsome sums for two of the three.

Finally, not by our own fans who were drooling at the prospect of each of these players.

Therefore, unless they were all crap before (the bulk of opinion suggests they werent), they HAVE gotten worse at City.

Either that or Babylon is right and they were all shite before... Shame that wasn't suggested (other than by a few Reading fans) before we signed them..

:thumbup:

Dr Mr Still Missing the point,

First and foremost I never said they were shite, I said they were average. Their career paths highlight them as being average, and their performances here highlight them as being average.

I will try once again...

Mills - the bulk did not suggest he was great, the bulk who knew him were Reading fans and they didn't rate him. If people want to claim it was sour grapes from then fine... One point though, they have been proved 100% correct by him here and at Bolton. One of their points being he only played well on tv, think about that and look at what you are saying about the "majority" thought he was good.

Beckford - His career has been below the championship for the majority. Of course his performances here don't match those at that level, for the same sodding reason Fryatt or Vardy won't bang in 30 in this league, It's a harder league!!! You are looking at things so sodding black and white it's laughable.

Danns - he was ok in a shit team. So was Danny Tiatto and Wellens for us, our fans voted them player of the year. That doesn't make him a brilliant player does it, and capable of playing in a promotion chasing team... He never has before.

If Danns was so great he wouldn't have got the majority of his career appearances for Colchester and Palace.

To summarise, it's about their performances matching how they played for their previous teams. Mils are exactly as we were warned. Beckords good performances were at lower level, so how can you compare. And Danns stood out in a poor team for one season and it was his career highlight, like Tiatto did for us. To stand out in a poor team is easier than it is a good one, doesn't mean his performances were any better or consistent than they are here. Wellens won that award on the back of about 8 games... And some people in the press still insist he's brilliant.

Col City and Babylon - do you realise your argument is getting right in the way of me being ITK?

It's never happened before and I'm quite excited about it (although not excited enough to actually ask my source yesterday) so if you could both just show a bit of consideration in this matter.

We have a Wellens thread and many Beckford threads for silly arguments.

:ph34r:

First and foremost I never said they were shite, I said they were average. Their career paths highlight them as being average, and their performances here highlight them as being average.

I will try once again...

Mills - the bulk did not suggest he was great, the bulk who knew him were Reading fans and they didn't rate him. If people want to claim it was sour grapes from then fine... One point though, they have been proved 100% correct by him here and at Bolton. One of their points being he only played well on tv, think about that and look at what you are saying about the "majority" thought he was good.

Beckford - His career has been below the championship for the majority. Of course his performances here don't match those at that level, for the same sodding reason Fryatt or Vardy won't bang in 30 in this league, It's a harder league!!! You are looking at things so sodding black and white it's laughable.

Danns - he was ok in a shit team. So was Danny Tiatto and Wellens for us, our fans voted them player of the year. That doesn't make him a brilliant player does it, and capable of playing in a promotion chasing team... He never has before.

If Danns was so great he wouldn't have got the majority of his career appearances for Colchester and Palace.

To summarise, it's about their performances matching how they played for their previous teams. Mils are exactly as we were warned. Beckords good performances were at lower level, so how can you compare. And Danns stood out in a poor team for one season and it was his career highlight, like Tiatto did for us. To stand out in a poor team is easier than it is a good one, doesn't mean his performances were any better or consistent than they are here. Wellens won that award on the back of about 8 games... And some people in the press still insist he's brilliant.

Pah...

I'm off down London to get pissed.

We'll never agree on this one.

Come on you Blues!!!

:trumpet:

For what it's worth some of us take the view that where as a new signing my well look good on paper we wait and see how it works out. Some may well see a new recruit as the second coming, but some of us understand the meaning of reputation. And let's face it if SGE signed you he built that reputation up. The bottom line is that the three players you are debating, lol, only had previous at this level at best, a few cameos for Everton don't count.

I think I've got away with claiming to be ITK really lightly, I was expecting all manner of abuse.

But...I do know someone who knows Chris Wood. She looked after him when he was on a 16-18 contract at West Brom with her son and he keeps in touch with her and her son and takes them out for meals. She mentioned sometime last week that Leicester had enquired to WBA about him and she texted him the other day when I pointed out that there was a newspaper story about him going to Huddersfield. According to her, he has heard nothing about any solid interest from Huddersfield and it is all rumour.

She said she would text him and ask him about Leicester but she didn't mention it today and I was too busy to ask. I only thought about it when I got home and looked at Foxestalk.

So I am either BSing or quite poor at being ITK. It is up to individuals to decide! I'm sorry if anyone was waiting for information but I won't see her until Monday. I will definitely ask her though, mainly for my own information but I will pass it on if anyone is interested and inclined to believe me.

My comment was a generalisation Deucallion, however you did build it up then fail miserably :P and obviously you don't know this girl well enough to have her number yourself or you'd be all over her like a cheap suit :D Joking aside I am sure it will be interesting information whilst still pure speculation!

I will try once again...

Was wellens not part of the play off side that did well after promotion from League one?

Archived