Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Weller Walk Out...

There you go, you learn something new everyday, not sure anyone has ever told me about this before.

I had considered saying "could you imagine if Beckford or Mills did that" to beat certain people to it... but thought I'd wait and see who said it first. As you are the only one to bother reading it I may as well say it.

I think being a fans hero over a number of years would help a little, I would be interested to see what people think would have happened if say Muzzy or alike had taken this attitude, I know MON may well have shipped anyone treating him like that, out ASAP but how would the fans feel.

I think being a fans hero over a number of years would help a little, I would be interested to see what people think would have happened if say Muzzy or alike had taken this attitude, I know MON may well have shipped anyone treating him like that, out ASAP but how would the fans feel.

People are very forgiving to good players!

I don't think anything would of happened. Just look at a certain C.Tevez, he was 'never going to play for man city' again.Now he is back to be a starter for them.

I don't think anything would of happened. Just look at a certain C.Tevez, he was 'never going to play for man city' again.Now he is back to be a starter for them.

I think that is the more a sign of a week manager.

plus Tevez will always work his socks off when on the pitch so fans will be more forgiving, say for example it was someone a Man City such as Adam Johnson when he was there, would the fans have been so forgiving? he did a decent job for them, but was not has high profile or as hard working.

As mentioned above we saw how pearson handled mills and beckford, but it's been different with Knocky for example, how would the situation be if Dave Nugent next week walks off at half time and leaves, I know pearson wouldn't like it, but would the fans be more forgiving and the board try to make peace with the player, as he is our main scoring threat.

We ( most of us anyway) never really heard about what was going on behind the scenes in those days .

Okay it was reported in the papers but not on the same scale and with such in depth analysis as nowadays.

It would have blown over in a few days and most fans would have forgotten about it within weeks .

I can only vaguely remember it

There was an interview with David Coates, who was the City reserve team coach, at the time of the Weller walk out, in the fox fanzine a while back.

In the interview he said that there had been a big fall out among some of the players at the time, that had led to several members of the team trying to freeze weller out of the club, by not passing the ball to him.

He had been getting increasingly frustrated by this in the games, leading up to the Ipswich game.

According to the interview, the players in question really put the freeze on him in that Ipswich game, not passing him the ball, so at half time, he came into the dressing room and said if they`re not giving me the ball, then i`m not going back out.

Despite Worthington and Weller both being great players, apparently they`re was a bit of jealousy between the two, as to who was the "top man".

I`ve heard it said that there was a split in that team, with Worthington, Birchenall and a few of the cockneys from the team in one camp, and the likes of Graham Cross and others in the other camp.

Split or no split though, i was lucky enough to have seen that team play, and when they were at their best, they were fantastic.

Certainly the best footballing Leicester City that i have been fortunate enough to see.

Muzz tried to orchastrate moves away from here a couple of times, handing in a transfer request at one point.

He also left us saying he needed a bigger contract 'to provide for his family'.....this despite having been on a 30k a week contract for 4 years prior!

Not slating Muzz here, he's a club legend, but he wasn't exactly golden from start to finish. Rightly remembered as a legend for his performances on the pitch though.

I think that is the more a sign of a week manager.

plus Tevez will always work his socks off when on the pitch so fans will be more forgiving, say for example it was someone a Man City such as Adam Johnson when he was there, would the fans have been so forgiving? he did a decent job for them, but was not has high profile or as hard working.

As mentioned above we saw how pearson handled mills and beckford, but it's been different with Knocky for example, how would the situation be if Dave Nugent next week walks off at half time and leaves, I know pearson wouldn't like it, but would the fans be more forgiving and the board try to make peace with the player, as he is our main scoring threat.

i don't think that at all .... I see it as a flexible and pragmatic manager .... he has one of the best strikers in the world at his club, make it clear he's done wrong and then let him prove his way back into the side. Anything else would be cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Do not recall this at the time perhaps Birch could fill us in (or probably not).

Kieth could do no wrong in my eyes,the man was a genius,tights,First time volley from a corner into the roof of the net is not an easy skill and skinning about 8 players down the right before slotting in on a dog of a pitch- unforgettable.Finest player to waer the shirt.Course there was wortho as well

All to do with someone ****ingyourmissus, but not who you think it was.

News to me about Muzzy trying to get a transfer from the club, I thought he'd turned down a move to Borough when we were in admin.

Handed in a transfer request which wasn't withdrawn for a year or two. He also openly flirted with the idea of moving to Celtic when MoN was there. IIRC it was us that turned down Boro's bid, not him, as it did not meet our valuation of around £5m.....I think we got far less than that for him in the end, though Brum didn't get much either hahah.

Archived