Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Twitter Links

If you take pennos off the top scorer charts, they look like this (includes cup goals as i can't find league stats for goals from pennos).

Austin 20

Wood 16

Murray 16

Rhodes 14

Vydra 14

Nugent 12

Becchio 13

If I could find whether the pennos were in the league Chris Wood could be one goal away from being the top scorer from open play in the league (if Austin scored his three in the league that is).

** Just noticed the stats on the this site seem wrong for Rhodes. I think he has more than what the amount they have him down.

http://stats.footbal.../D1/leadsc.html

Using the stats from transfermarkt, the top 5 scorers have scored as follows (starting with top scorer downwards):

Murray - 22 goals, of which 7(!) penalties = 15

Austin - 19 goals, " " 3 pens = 16

Rhodes - 18 goals, " " 2 pens = 16

Vydra - 16 goals, " " 2 pens = 14

Wood - 16 goals, " " 0 pens = 16

So Wood's joint top scorer from open play in the ch'ship with Austin & Rhodes. Get in!

By better you mean worse?

Becchio 15

Wood 16

That is based on 1 season, and wood has been playing at a team which is currently second in the league, as well as a team which was approaching the play offs when he was at milwall.

In the 2010-2011 season....

Becchio - 20 in 44

Wood - 0 in 7

In the 2011-2012 season....

Becchio - 11 in 41

Wood - 14 in 48

In the 2012-2013 season (To date)....

Becchio - 19 in 31

Wood - 17 in 22

So if you combine all the above totals, my initial statement was correct.

Becchio - 50 in 116

Wood - 31 in 77

Goals per game

Becchio - 0.43

Wood - 0.40

Therefore, He has a better record at leeds than Chris wood does at this level.

An apology will not be necessary, I do not want to degrade your reputation on this site.

That is based on 1 season, and wood has been playing at a team which is currently second in the league, as well as a team which was approaching the play offs when he was at milwall.

Becchio - 20 in 44

Wood - 0 in 7

Becchio - 11 in 41

Wood - 14 in 48

Becchio - 19 in 31

Wood - 17 in 22

Becchio - 50 in 116

Wood - 31 in 77

Goals per game

Becchio - 0.43

Wood - 0.40

An apology will not be necessary, I do not want to degrade your reputation on this site.

lol lol

Becchio - 20 in 44

Wood - 0 in 7

Becchio - 11 in 41

Wood - 14 in 48

Becchio - 19 in 31

Wood - 17 in 22

Becchio - 50 in 116

Wood - 31 in 77

Goals per game

Becchio - 0.43

Wood - 0.40

I like how you ignore the fact that those stats are from what you'd expect to be Becchio's best footballing years whereas Wood's still learning the trade and yet already has basically the same gpg record and is having a much better season so far (0.61gpg vs 0.77 speaks for itself).

Do you work for a news corporation?

I like how you ignore the fact that those stats are from what you'd expect to be Becchio's best footballing years whereas Wood's still learning the trade and yet already has basically the same gpg record and is having a much better season so far (0.61gpg vs 0.77 speaks for itself).

Do you work for a news corporation?

It appears that you are the ignorant one my friend, not myself.

I stated that 'Becchio's record is greater at this level at leeds, than Chris wood's record at this level'.

That is fact.

Not once did I or Babylon make any remarks regarding the players age, reputation etc. Neither did I state about the record this season.

I simply stated a better record 'at this level' (the championship), and the stats prove I was correct.

I take it by your reference to me working for a 'news corporation' that you believe I am exploiting the figures??

It is amazing how so many people on here argue against points, by creating their own rather than responding to the initial point made. From what I have been reading my friend, it appears you are the one trying to exploit what I have said, by including totally irrelevant information.

It appears that you are the ignorant one my friend, not myself.

I stated that 'Becchio's record is greater at this level at leeds, than Chris wood's record at this level'.

That is fact.

Not once did I or Babylon make any remarks regarding the players age, reputation etc. Neither did I state about the record this season.

I simply stated a better record 'at this level' (the championship), and the stats prove I was correct.

I take it by your reference to me working for a 'news corporation' that you believe I am exploiting the figures??

It is amazing how so many people on here argue against points, by creating their own rather than responding to the initial point made. From what I have been reading my friend, it appears you are the one trying to exploit what I have said, by including totally irrelevant information.

You've lost me mate - what you say so far as stats go is all correct, but what point are you trying to make (I'm presuming you aren't randomly posting stats irrelevant to a conversation)?

I hope the below helps you understand why i posted the stats.

If you need any more help don't be afraid to ask.

Vaguely above average?

He has a better record at leeds, than nugent and wood have at this level, and plays for a shocking leeds side.

Averaging better than 1 in 3, he would be a great signing. Always a real handful in every game he plays, always looks good against the top sides, and its always nice to have this type of player in your squad which most opposition fans shout abuse at.

Has an amazing work rate which people also look past, would be a great signing, and 3 options of nugent, wood and becchio would be incredible.

By better you mean worse?

Becchio 15

Wood 16

I hope the below helps you understand why i posted the stats.

If you need any more help don't be afraid to ask.

So you aren't saying that we should buy him? Good, ignore my posts then.

EDIT: Ignore the above in fact, just caught the bottom of that post. Would be a dire waste of money for someone no better than what we have, but on higher wages.

Becchio - 20 in 44

Wood - 0 in 7

Becchio - 11 in 41

Wood - 14 in 48

Becchio - 19 in 31

Wood - 17 in 22

Becchio - 50 in 116

Wood - 31 in 77

Goals per game

Becchio - 0.43

Wood - 0.40

First off a lot of your stats are wrong. Secondly you are using cup goals? It's not "this level". And you're forgetting wood has spent huge chunks of his career on the bench because he is a kid and Becchio has been first choice for years.

Goals per start 31 goals in 52 starts for wood.

50 goals in 93 starts for becchio. (I'm even including cup goals to help you out)

Wood wins on starts and I'm betting minutes on the pitch also.

First off a lot of your stats are wrong. Secondly you are using cup goals? It's not "this level". And you're forgetting wood has spent huge chunks of his career on the bench because he is a kid and Becchio has been first choice for years.

Goals per start 31 goals in 52 starts for wood.

50 goals in 93 starts for becchio. (I'm even including cup goals to help you out)

Wood wins on starts and I'm betting minutes on the pitch also.

The only problem with my stats is that they do not benefit your view. As for not being at 'this level', in a certain aspect they are. Depending on the division which a team is in, their entry level to the cup will change.

However if you wish too only include the championship, i have no problem. I left the appearances which wood made in the championship while leeds were in league one out of the equation, but i will include them just for you.

Total Championship appearances (including sub-appearances) and goals

Becchio - 45 in 108

Wood - 29 in 88

So, goals per championship game...

Becchio - 0.41

Wood - 0.32

We decided last year that cup goals don't count, and now you want to go one step further and suggest only starts should count?

I can't wait to see what you have for me next...

The only problem with my stats is that they do not benefit your view. As for not being at 'this level', in a certain aspect they are. Depending on the division which a team is in, their entry level to the cup will change.

However if you wish too only include the championship, i have no problem. I left the appearances which wood made in the championship while leeds were in league one out of the equation, but i will include them just for you.

Total Championship appearances (including sub-appearances) and goals

Becchio - 45 in 108

Wood - 29 in 88

So, goals per championship game...

Becchio - 0.41

Wood - 0.32

We decided last year that cup goals don't count, and now you want to go one step further and suggest only starts should count?

I can't wait to see what you have for me next...

Whether or not someone starts a game is quite important though.

If it weren't, then Futacs would have the same goals-per-game average as Matty James. And Schlupp, in his time as a first teamer, would have a worse goals average than Zak Whitbread.

How we can seriously be comparing a 21 year old whose appearances have largely come off the bench with a guy half a dozen years older who has been a first teamer in this league since Neil Warnock was an up-and-coming young manager is baffling to say the least.

Whether or not someone starts a game is quite important though.

If it weren't, then Futacs would have the same goals-per-game average as Matty James. And Schlupp, in his time as a first teamer, would have a worse goals average than Zak Whitbread.

How we can seriously be comparing a 21 year old whose appearances have largely come off the bench with a guy half a dozen years older who has been a first teamer in this league since Neil Warnock was an up-and-coming young manager is baffling to say the least.

It isn't baffling at all.

So you say you cannot compare a 21 year old with an older player??

Becchio has a better goal per game ratio. That is all I stated.

I never said Becchio was better than wood, or even nugent, I just said that he has a better scoring record per game, and the stats show it is true.

People say we shouldn't be 'collecting' players.

But we always have to look at ways to improve the team, nigel always says the same.

Would Becchio offer more to the current squad at this moment in time than waghorn/vardy/futacs?? The answer is clearly yes.

Whether he would be willing to come here and risk the chance of not being in the first 11 is another matter, so is whether or not we actually want him, or can afford the transfer or wage demands.

I don't care whether he average age of our team is 20 or 35 as long as it is performing well, the likes of waghorn and futacs may have the potential (get my crystal ball out) to be better than Becchio, but currently they are not.

Promotion this season will not be achieved by having reserve players who will be good enough in 2-3-4 years, we want as strong as team as possible now. I, as a leicester fan would feel much more confident with either nugent, wood or becchio starting on the bench in place of waghorn/futacs/vardy, as long as they were willing to accept that role when the team is performing well.

Because for the greater parts of their careers here they have either a) been gubbins or b) bee injured.

It's clear that Morgan and Keane are forming a good partnership so another back-up central defender of Kaspers ability surprises me. If he's available on a permanent deal then I could understand as we're unlikely to be able to keep Keane.

Do we need another CB? unless Whitbread cannot get fit, with St Ledger returning to fitness it is a surprise surely more pressing areas of the pitch namely central midfield needs to be addressed.

Pearson...

“Sean played half a game on Monday but he has a long way to go,â€

We have ONE fit senior centre half. A kid from Man U who is doing well, our own kid who is more of a right back than a CB and two injured CB's.

If these players still have "a long way to go" before they are back from injury CB is much more of a pressing concern that any other position. We have three fully fit senior CM's.

If Morgan got injured (god forbid) we'd have Moore and Keane at CB which is frightening.

Archived