Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Twitter Links

Not true either - when do you ever see seriously injured players staying with the clubs they are loaned out to

I'm not saying Pearson will have him back but he will be leaving Huddersfield

Querty123 is in some way involved with the club.

Whatever he has said will happen.

Not true either - when do you ever see seriously injured players staying with the clubs they are loaned out to

I'm not saying Pearson will have him back but he will be leaving Huddersfield

We had to pay Michael Johnson's wages for the whole of last year, even they we fooked him off part way through.

Yuki Abi left, Gelson Fernandes and Michael Johnson were on huge slaries. Bamba went and I have thought Yakubu was on 50000 a week whilst he was here. Added to all the other loanees from Chelsea, Spurs Man City ertc, I bet the weekly bill was huge under Sven.

how on earth did that charlatan get the jobs he's had?

No we didn't - his wages were paid based on performances

If we have to pay his wages if he comes back injured. Explain to me what is the point in sending him or any player on loan somewhere for more than a month or two at a time?

If we have to pay his wages if he comes back injured. Explain to me what is the point in sending him or any player on loan somewhere for more than a month or two at a time?

??

You've answered your own question?

When they are out on loan then we only pay a proportion of the wages. There is a clause in loan deals that they are terminated if serious injury occurs. So if JB's injury is serious Huddersfield will be able to cancel the loan, saving them from paying the proportion of his wages they committed to

??

You've answered your own question?

When they are out on loan then we only pay a proportion of the wages. There is a clause in loan deals that they are terminated if serious injury occurs. So if JB's injury is serious Huddersfield will be able to cancel the loan, saving them from paying the proportion of his wages they committed to

Really?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2071305/Jermaine-Jenas-cost-Aston-Villa-1m-wages.html

??

thanks for the information- does beg the question what constitutes a serious injury (tight/ pulled hamstring v. broken leg?)

thanks for the information- does beg the question what constitutes a serious injury (tight/ pulled hamstring v. broken leg?)

Premier league rules state that when loaning a player, the team borrowing the player HAVE to pay the wages for the length of that agreement no matter what.

That makes sense to me and I would find it baffling for anyone else not to do the same.

Well as he's there until the end of the season, even if they send him back they have to pay for him until the summer.

Any player out on loan that gets injured returns to parent club for treatment.

Regardless of what other clubs agree on i'm telling you about the Beckford deal - One example close to home is De Laet's loan at Norwich being cancelled because of injury. Look it up if you need to

Anyway forget i mentioned it - I was just trying to keep you up-to-date with the situation

I am not saying players cannot return, I'm saying players have to be paid by the club who borrowed him.

Read the article. http://www.goal.com/...are-left-to-pay

"The Spurs midfielder will return to his parent club for treatment but Premier League regulations say the Midlands club have to pay his wages for the duration of the season-long loan."

So even the loan you talk about would have been under these same rules between Norwich and Man U. I would be amazed if contracts outside of the prem are any different. We would have wanted commitment to let him go.

Any player out on loan that gets injured returns to parent club for treatment.

No, that depends on the injury. Secondly he's not arguing about whether he can be sent back or not (he said he could be). He's on about payment of wages.

• 2 weeks later...

Freelance journalist â€@indykaila

#LCFC owners have promise Nigel Pearson if he achieve promotion then he will be given 20m to spend in summer. Darren Bent will be targeted

Please don't follow that bell end.

He used to say he was a journalist and now he is working for Sky? Load of tosh, he is just a Sky Technical Support Assistant. Indy got well and truly busted last week, don't know if anyone else seen it but he said "Got some massive Liverpool FC news to tell you" next tweet.. "Jamie Carragher WILL sign a new contract, confirmed."

Next day Jamie Carragher announces his retirement! There have been many more as well.

Archived