Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Twitter Links

So. Boro' have some money burning a hole in their pocket and are looking for a striker. Hmmm. Wonder what today will hold for them ??

Later today..

"Middlesbrough have announced the signing of Leicester striker Jermaine Beckford on a five year contract".

Leicester fans: :D :D :D :D :D

Not the case unfortunately

If someone agrees to sign a player until the end of the season, that's a contract for that amount of time. If they wish to terminate that then they still have to pay, likewise if a team who owns a player they've loaned out wants them back they often can't. I'm sure we're still paying a good amount of Beckfords wages but he went on record saying he's agreed to a pay cut to go there so not only are Huddersfield paying a %, but Beckford has agreed to earning less to go there.

Doesn't matter. Was part of the agreement to force the move through. Bolton couldn't match his weekly wage of his contract with us so we agreed to pay a % of his wage for the remaining years of what he had left with us. Happens all the time in football

Doesn't matter. Was part of the agreement to force the move through. Bolton couldn't match his weekly wage of his contract with us so we agreed to pay a % of his wage for the remaining years of what he had left with us. Happens all the time in football

Fair enough as long as it doesn't hinder us from bringing in players that is the main thing.

It seems to be an accepted fact on here that NFP has slashed the amount we pay in wages.

Is that really true, we've only sold Mills and we're still paying part of his salary, we've loaned out Danns & Beckford and are paying a large part of their salaries.

The players who have been bought probably aren't on low salaries as other teams were sniffing, particularly in the case of Woods.

It seems to be an accepted fact on here that NFP has slashed the amount we pay in wages.

Is that really true, we've only sold Mills and we're still paying part of his salary, we've loaned out Danns & Beckford and are paying a large part of their salaries.

The players who have been bought probably aren't on low salaries as other teams were sniffing, particularly in the case of Woods.

10 players in 16 players out according to the stats section (although sure it's more than 16 as we counted previously). Getting rid of loans like Johnson, Fernandes. Plus sending some of our on long term loans (Beckford and Danns).

So yes I would say he has cut down on wages since Sven went.

Yuki Abi left, Gelson Fernandes and Michael Johnson were on huge slaries. Bamba went and I have thought Yakubu was on 50000 a week whilst he was here. Added to all the other loanees from Chelsea, Spurs Man City ertc, I bet the weekly bill was huge under Sven.

If someone agrees to sign a player until the end of the season, that's a contract for that amount of time. If they wish to terminate that then they still have to pay, likewise if a team who owns a player they've loaned out wants them back they often can't. I'm sure we're still paying a good amount of Beckfords wages but he went on record saying he's agreed to a pay cut to go there so not only are Huddersfield paying a %, but Beckford has agreed to earning less to go there.

Not true either - when do you ever see seriously injured players staying with the clubs they are loaned out to

I'm not saying Pearson will have him back but he will be leaving Huddersfield

Not true either - when do you ever see seriously injured players staying with the clubs they are loaned out to

I'm not saying Pearson will have him back but he will be leaving Huddersfield

They often go back to their parent club for treatment (as they usually have better facilities) doesn't mean they won't be paying his wages still though.

The whole point in us loaning him out for more than a couple of months at a time is to get a commitment from someone. If they weren't committing to wages for the that whole period we may as well loan him for a month at a time rather than half a year or a full year.

They often go back to their parent club for treatment (as they usually have better facilities) doesn't mean they won't be paying his wages still though.

The whole point in us loaning him out for more than a couple of months at a time is to get a commitment from someone. If they weren't committing to wages for the that whole period we may as well loan him for a month at a time rather than half a year or a full year.

This certainly sounds the most plausible situation - I cant believe that you can take a £3.5 million player (I know, I know) on loan , get the lender to subsidise the cost of his wages and then return him broken at any time. even in the mad world of footy that is ridiculous

Archived