Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Nick Powell

Just to bring it back to Nick Powell. I believe he was at P'boro today. Maybe Daddy is doing his son a favour there.

a relegation battle won't be good for him

Signed a 4 year contract for Man utd according to there redcafe site.

They must think highly of him to give him that sort of contract.

They signed him in the summer for a rumoured £6m, I'd say that they do highly rate the lad lol

Guest MattP

What a huge advantage to have your Dad managing in the top flight.

Really not fair at all and nothing anyone can do about it.

Fourth Official â€@FourthOfficial_

Peterborough are believed to be close to signing Manchester United's Nick Powell on loan #PUFC #MUFC

im not even sure if he could push his way into our first team anyway, just because united bought him doesnt mean anything, he was playing in league 2 last season. they messed up in the past with players like bebe, and de gea, anyway Peterborough are no threat to us they are fighting relegation. We have good united links too but id prefer a Defensive Midfeilder.

im not even sure if he could push his way into our first team anyway, just because united bought him doesnt mean anything, he was playing in league 2 last season. they messed up in the past with players like bebe, and de gea, anyway Peterborough are no threat to us they are fighting relegation. We have good united links too but id prefer a Defensive Midfeilder.

Messed up with De Gea? You mean the rapidly improving 22 year old who most are tipping as the next Spanish keeper?

Guest MattP

Messed up with De Gea? You mean the rapidly improving 22 year old who most are tipping as the next Spanish keeper?

It wasn't great was it? 20million for a keeper who doesn't get in his side sometimes is a bit iffy.

He's only going to be Spains keeper as no one else is really coming through, Valdes, Canizares, Casillas and Reina would all take his spot in their prime but they were all within 5 years of each other.

Though Iker will probably have 200 caps before he's gone.

It wasn't great was it? 20million for a keeper who doesn't get in his side sometimes is a bit iffy.

He's only going to be Spains keeper as no one else is really coming through, Valdes, Canizares, Casillas and Reina would all take his spot in their prime but they were all within 5 years of each other.

Though Iker will probably have 200 caps before he's gone.

Iker Casillas did an interview in the times( i think it was) a year or so ago talking about de gea saying he would end up being the best in the world and iker thought he would get replaced by him at some point in the future and that valdes and reina would still be back up, never really getting a shot at the spain no.1 shirt.Can't say i've seen much to back that up, but casillas clearly rates him very highly. But I think his problem is, a bit like most spanish keepers they are fantastic shot stoppers but don't know how to command an area, especially as they get even more protection abroad, look at Valdes, won so much with Barca but can't dislodge casillas, why because he doesn't command his area as well, Iker I think could make it in the premiership for example, but I doubt Victor Valdes would.

I thought this, end of the day he'll only get in our team if he plays well.

Unlike Peterborough he can play shit but will still get in thier first team. IMO

Iker Casillas did an interview in the times( i think it was) a year or so ago talking about de gea saying he would end up being the best in the world and iker thought he would get replaced by him at some point in the future and that valdes and reina would still be back up, never really getting a shot at the spain no.1 shirt.Can't say i've seen much to back that up, but casillas clearly rates him very highly. But I think his problem is, a bit like most spanish keepers they are fantastic shot stoppers but don't know how to command an area, especially as they get even more protection abroad, look at Valdes, won so much with Barca but can't dislodge casillas, why because he doesn't command his area as well, Iker I think could make it in the premiership for example, but I doubt Victor Valdes would.

De Gea was stunning in Spain, getting rave reviews week in week out, pulled off some amazing saves, but the EPL isn't like La Liga, and he has taken his time to adjust, but you still see his ability at times, and playing over here will certainly help him improve as a goalie.

As for Nick Powell, not really that fussed, don't mind having a couple of loanees in as cover, but I wouldn't want Powell in as a first teamer if we have no chance of signing him, even if he is better than James/Drinky/King would rather develop an understanding and team spirit with players that will be here next season, than parachute in a quick fix loan, to a problem we don't really have.

Archived