Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Nick Powell

Blackburn spent £8 million on Rhodes. Forest paid £2 million for Simon Cox to sit on their bench as well as splashing out on a whole new backline and Billy Sharp. Cardiff spent millions this summer.

Warnock can do one, I'd love to personally deck him at the KP in front of 25,000 people. Bellend.

Shuuuuuuush... You aren't aloud to point out things like that. Only Leicester have spent money, Cardiff most definitely didn't spend £8m+ in the summer, or Blabkburn, or Forest. Hull and Middleboro also definitely haven't spent fortunes spread over a few years.

It's "big spending Leicester".

Is Warnock spouting bollocks?

http://www.yorkshire...month-1-5264815

Warnock, who admitted in his national newspaper column that he “just can’t compete financially with Leicesterâ€, said: “In fairness the owners said they were disappointed that I mentioned it but it wasn’t meant as a criticism.

“What I meant was that Leicester are like Chelsea – Chelsea in the Premier League. If they want a player then they usually go out and get him. I don’t think anyone, ourselves included, is in a position to get who Leicester are after.

“But they’re a one-off. There’s nobody else in the league like Leicester. And they can’t sign every one of our targets.â€

That's right Colin, we got Billy Sharp, Cameron Stewart, James Chester, Robbie Brady. We get every player we want.

Prat.

Blackburn spent £8 million on Rhodes. Forest paid £2 million for Simon Cox to sit on their bench as well as splashing out on a whole new backline and Billy Sharp. Cardiff spent millions this summer.

Warnock can do one, I'd love to personally deck him at the KP in front of 25,000 people. Bellend.

:D You'd never have to pay for a drink again!

I find it funny how our Thai owners have never, not ONCE, disclosed a fee for a player. Yet all the managers in the league know for a fact we are "big spenders". None of them have a clue.

Too True.

We have all heard the mills transfer fee range from £1.5 - £5 million.

When in reality it could have been a £500,000 initial fee and between £1 - £4.5 million for promotion/ other clauses.

I don't get warnock. He's obsessed with us, all too often he's brought up leicester out of nowhere, like when he's been the 'expert summariser' on sky sports.

I seem to remember he was whinging about our budget then aswell as Blackburn.

I think Nigel deserves some acknowledgement and credit for the side he has built. Last season we were ridiculous and just brought in whoever.

But it does annoy me when they describe us as big spending , particularly when there are other teams who have spent a lot too.

I don't get warnock. He's obsessed with us, all too often he's brought up leicester out of nowhere, like when he's been the 'expert summariser' on sky sports.

I seem to remember he was whinging about our budget then aswell as Blackburn.

He's still bitter about us 'cheating' Sheffield United.

It's starting to get a bit boring now.

If Powell comes here it'll be because of the hard work Pearson and his team have done building a rapport with United and focussing on developing youth.

Yanited don't give a toss about fees, they just want their lad to get good coaching and access to tidy facilities.

Warnock's a bellend with a chip on his shoulder. How anyone can call us the Chelsea of the league with the like of Forest, Blackburn and co equally throwing money around is beyond me.

Half the league allegedly has rich, foreign owners now. In fact, aren't Leeds the latest?

What a cretin.

Not to mention that we're bigger clubs than the both of them so it'd be more of a Man City thing. Sleeping Giant ;)

“But they’re a one-off. There’s nobody else in the league like Leicester. And they can’t sign every one of our targets."

He just doesn't like us does he! We're a one off yet Blackburn can pay £8 mil for Rhodes, Cardiff can afford Bellamy's wages, Forest can buy a new team and Leeds get a foreign takeover as well. Frustrating to say the least because it is what the league, and the media, think of us generally. "Big-spending" has been seen in news articles on us far too much...

But who gives a ****. Doesn't really make a difference what they think but it is annoying

Archived