Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Nick Powell

Craig Norwood â€@CraigNorwood

Rumours that Nick Powell is set to go out loan for the second half of the season to Championship side Leicester City

This guy has over 27,000 followers.

And he said rumour.

I've seen nothing that's from a decent source and at the moment it looks like people are just copying the first rumour that came out yesterday.

And he said rumour.

I've seen nothing that's from a decent source and at the moment it looks like people are just copying the first rumour that came out yesterday.

All exciting though, because he is quality.

These Man Utd loanees come out unexpectedly, if true John Percy might not even latch onto it.

I really hope we can pull this one off. Looks comfortable in a number of positions/situations too and looks a pretty natural footballer to me.

We have no hope at all of keeping hold of him, but if we can offer him a stepping stone like we did Cleverly and he goes back to United as a regular, then good for him and good for us and good for yanited.

Is Warnock spouting bollocks?

http://www.yorkshire...month-1-5264815

Warnock, who admitted in his national newspaper column that he “just can’t compete financially with Leicesterâ€, said: “In fairness the owners said they were disappointed that I mentioned it but it wasn’t meant as a criticism.

“What I meant was that Leicester are like Chelsea – Chelsea in the Premier League. If they want a player then they usually go out and get him. I don’t think anyone, ourselves included, is in a position to get who Leicester are after.

“But they’re a one-off. There’s nobody else in the league like Leicester. And they can’t sign every one of our targets.â€

Warnock, who admitted in his national newspaper column that he “just can’t compete financially with Leicesterâ€, said: “In fairness the owners said they were disappointed that I mentioned it but it wasn’t meant as a criticism.

“What I meant was that Leicester are like Chelsea – Chelsea in the Premier League. If they want a player then they usually go out and get him. I don’t think anyone, ourselves included, is in a position to get who Leicester are after.

“But they’re a one-off. There’s nobody else in the league like Leicester. And they can’t sign every one of our targets.â€

What a knob

He just plays mind games.

It's starting to get a bit boring now.

If Powell comes here it'll be because of the hard work Pearson and his team have done building a rapport with United and focussing on developing youth.

Yanited don't give a toss about fees, they just want their lad to get good coaching and access to tidy facilities.

Warnock's a bellend with a chip on his shoulder. How anyone can call us the Chelsea of the league with the like of Forest, Blackburn and co equally throwing money around is beyond me.

Half the league allegedly has rich, foreign owners now. In fact, aren't Leeds the latest?

What a cretin.

Am I the only one who hopes this is true? I have a mate who is a Leeds fan, and ever since they beat us he's been saying that they will finish above us, and they are going to buy the league in Jan. Nothing would make me happier than if despite their recent take over, they still can't compete with us if we both go in for the same player.

Guest BlueBrett
Am I the only one who hopes this is true? I have a mate who is a Leeds fan, and ever since they beat us he's been saying that they will finish above us, and they are going to buy the league in Jan. Nothing would make me happier than if despite their recent take over, they still can't compete with us if we both go in for the same player.

I'd love Leeds to be perpetually skint but how much is a half season loan fee ever really likely to be? You aren't exactly talking millions. If they can't afford that they really must be struggling. He's just bitter because he expected to have a strong season and it has turned out he's looking at mid table again.

I'd love Leeds to be perpetually skint but how much is a half season loan fee ever really likely to be? You aren't exactly talking millions. If they can't afford that they really must be struggling. He's just bitter because he expected to have a strong season and it has turned out he's looking at mid table again.

I've not written their play off chances off yet. Until the last two games it looked like they would be in the top 6 by now. If he does get them into the play offs he will have done a very good job IMO.

If this is accurate then perhaps he's covering his arse, particularly with the new owners in situ. ...

LUFC Fans losing faith in Warnock

It looks like the Leeds faithful have lost faith in manager Neil Warnock.

The last poll on Vital Leeds asked whether it was time for a change in the hot seat at Elland Road after a shocking performance at Hull City on Saturday coming quick on the heels of a 4-2 defeat at Nottingham Forest.

71% thought it was time for a change whilst 29% still think he is the right man for the job.

Since his arrival in February, Leeds have played 44 games, winning 17, drawing 9 and losing 18.

His record last season following his arrival saw Leeds win just three of their fourteen games to the end of the season.

This season, Leeds have won fourteen of their thirty games in all competitions and enjoyed a run to the quarter-finals of the League Cup.

Despite losing their last two games in disappointing fashion, Leeds are still in ninth place in the championship, five points outside the play-off places and they were the form side in the Championship just a week ago having won five of their previous six games.

Warnock does seem to do better in the second half of seasons and with the January transfer window upon us and the new club owners promising him money to spend, would it make more sense to give him until the end of the season.

The fans have been fully behind Warnock until this point and he will need to improve the side quickly in the transfer window if he is to have any chance of setting a Football League record of eight promotions.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=303965#ixzz2GdRdanFK

I bet their forums will be a real hate-fest if Becchio is out of the door in the transfer window..

Hey guys, new member here, I'm a united fan and a member over at redcafe also. Leicester are my second club as I've lived here quite a while and always want them to win, been to some brilliant games over the years, the 3-2 win over tottenham on the fa cup, to when we just lost to Aston villa, 3-2 in the cup a few years ago. Just posting to say nick Powell would be an absolute coup of a signing for you guys, he's got bags of natural ability, he has the sort of swagger about him that ravel morrison had for us as a young player, he doesnt lack confidence, you can tell he's going to be a terrific player, he can play in the hole or as a centre mid, I have no doubt that he is ready for a first team football but its difficult for him to get in around the action at united for the moment. I'm surprised that a team like Wigan aren't in for him but he'd be a brilliant signing if you guys could get him in.

Blackburn spent £8 million on Rhodes. Forest paid £2 million for Simon Cox to sit on their bench as well as splashing out on a whole new backline and Billy Sharp. Cardiff spent millions this summer.

Warnock can do one, I'd love to personally deck him at the KP in front of 25,000 people. Bellend.

Hey guys, new member here, I'm a united fan and a member over at redcafe also. Leicester are my second club as I've lived here quite a while and always want them to win, been to some brilliant games over the years, the 3-2 win over tottenham on the fa cup, to when we just lost to Aston villa, 3-2 in the cup a few years ago. Just posting to say nick Powell would be an absolute coup of a signing for you guys, he's got bags of natural ability, he has the sort of swagger about him that ravel morrison had for us as a young player, he doesnt lack confidence, you can tell he's going to be a terrific player, he can play in the hole or as a centre mid, I have no doubt that he is ready for a first team football but its difficult for him to get in around the action at united for the moment. I'm surprised that a team like Wigan aren't in for him but he'd be a brilliant signing if you guys could get him in.

Thanks mate! Always good to get the view from the other side. I worked in Manchester for a good few years until recently and my ex-workmate Man U fans say pretty much what you say about him. The only disagreement seems to be wether he is ready for a loan to a lower Premier league side rather than go to the Championship. I've got to say I don't think it's good to get a developing 18 year old in a relegation battle but to go to a top 6 Championship team could do wonders for his confidence and experience levels.

Blackburn spent £8 million on Rhodes. Forest paid £2 million for Simon Cox to sit on their bench as well as splashing out on a whole new backline and Billy Sharp. Cardiff spent millions this summer.

Warnock can do one, I'd love to personally deck him at the KP in front of 25,000 people. Bellend.

This should be suggested in the what would it take to fill our ground thread.

Why do supporters of the Manchester clubs refer to themselves as simply 'United' and 'City' when talking to other non-Manchester fans ?? Gets on my tits to be honest. I'd never refer to 'City' when talking to non-Leicester fans. Bleedin' arrogant.

Anyway, Powell sounds like just what we need. Ain't gonna happen, is it :(

Powell looks quite the prospect from the games I've seen him in... he does need competitive first team action and it's unlikely he's going to be pushing out Carrick/Cleverley anytime soon. A spell in the championship would do him a world of good and than next season as you say a lower level prem club to assess how he is getting on.

The boys on Redcafe don't look happy about the treatment of Lingaard though, an honest opinion of him would be that he is too lightweight.. quick footed and pacey but I think our problem is we need a bit of steel in our squad, as much as I want to see Lingaard succeed I just don't think he is what we need now hence why he is only making guest appearances.

Archived