Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Huddersfield Player Ratings

Kasper - 7 - Didn't have much to do, caught quite a few crosses though.

De Laet - 8.5 - Great performance today, some Ronaldo style runs down the wing at times with good crosses at the end of them.

Morgan - 8 - Standard beast performance.

Keane - 8 - Very promising, looked capable in the air and on the turf.

Konch - 7 - Did OK.

Marshall - 8 - Did well first half, good crossing and corners. Hope he's not badly hurt.

James - 9 (MOTM) - Fantastic today. Saw some great passing and vision from him today as well as his usual nitty gritty stuff.

Drinkwater - 8 - Another good display but I felt he tired in the 2nd half.

Knockaert - 9 - 2 brilliant goals (the 2nd especially superb) but was at his best today, creative and always dangerous.

Nugent - 8 - Unlucky not to score with a great header and shot early on. Looked handy alongside Wood and a great move with him for 2-0.

Wood - 9 - 2 goals on his debut, looked strong and able to hold the ball up. Nodded it down to Waggy for his goal. FINALLY some aerial presence up front!!

Schmeicle 7- not alot to do

De laet 8- ran his socks off good goal great going forward

Morgan 8- monster

Keane 8- very impressed all round CB play was spot on won headers , distribution quality

Konchesky 7- nothing more and nothing less than required performance

James 9- brilliant

Drinkwater 8- very good

Marshall 7- getting back to his first form needs a goal!!!

Knockeart 9- outrageous skills second goal was a dreamer

Nugent-8 brilliaint link up play with woods a goal would have given him a 9

Woods - 8 fanatasitc player brings a complete different dimension which means we can play against the more physical sides... Second goal with nugent was class

Kasper 7 Some tidy saves and was good with crosses.

De Laet 8 Superb performance and a great goal to top it off. Spent more time attacking than defending.

Morgan 7 Struggled a bit for me on the few occasions they entered our half. The weaker of the two centre backs, anyway.

Keane 8 Very impressed with him. Played some decent balls out from the back too. Looked very composed.

Konchesky 7 Didn't have much to do defensively. Steady performance.

Marshall 7 Full of running, was a decent outlet for us.

James 9 Absolutely fantastic. Was everywhere and the catalyst for most of our attacks.

Drinkwater 7 He and James make a very decent partnership, was a little bit untidy with the ball in places.

Knockaert 9 MOTM. Mesmerising at times, comfortably his best game for us. 2 assists and one absolutely sensational goal, as well as a great finish for the other. No stopping him when he's in a mood like he was today.

Nugent 8 Worked very well with Wood and a good assist. Partnership looks like it could be devastating.

Wood 9 What a debut. Was a great aerial presence and a constant threat. Easy goal to open his account, but a nice finish for the second. Lovely assist for Waghorn too. Looks like the player we could have been missing.

Waghorn 7 Very tidy finish for his goal. Not quite the same understanding with Wood as Nugent had but still made an impact on the game.

Dyer 6 Made a few dangerous runs but end product wasn't there. Too greedy, which isn't normally a criticism of him.

Gallagher 6 One great effort on goal, otherwise just kept the ball nicely and played simple stuff. Still think he can offer us something.

Kasper - 7 - The usual quality performance

De Laet - 9 - Outstanding performance that left their full back in knots and subbed.

Morgan - 8 - The usual high quality from big Wes

Keane - 8 - On this performance the second best centre half at the club. Hope we can extend his loan for the rest of the season

Konch - 7 - Very good.

Marshall - 8 - Getting back to his best, disgusting tackle ended his afternoon that was totally missed by the ref.

James - 9 - The penny dropped for me with this lad today, put the grit that has been missing back into our midfield.

Drinkwater - 8 - Very effective with increased freedom as James did the dirty work.

Knockaert - 9 - His best so far for me. Passed when he should, beat men time and time again and scored two superb goals.

Nugent - 8 - Support role today, but did it superbly.

Wood - 10 - Exactly what we needed, just outstanding movement, finishing, strength, drive, guts, purpose. This lad has it all. Absolute steal at 1.5m

I think they were ALL fantastic today, with the exception of Ben Marshall, who still doesn't look like the player of last season IMO.

Knocky took the piss and James' inclusion allowed him to.

Wood looks like quite a coup...

Magic stuff today.

Agree with all this.

James my MOM, knocky and Wood close behind.

Did i hear booing for Gally?

I think they were ALL fantastic today, with the exception of Ben Marshall, who still doesn't look like the player of last season IMO.

Knocky took the piss and James' inclusion allowed him to.

Wood looks like quite a coup...

Magic stuff today.

I have a feeling that he is much the same, maybe suffering from a lack of confidence ..... the others around him have got better and he's stood still .....

Schmeichel 7 - Thought his catching from crosses, kicking and punching were much better today

De Laet 8 - Going forward he was incredible, still not sure on his defensive skills though

Morgan 7 - Bit sloppy early on, but turned it on in style, with another solid performance

Keane 8 - Very good defender, extend his loan until the end of the season

Konchesky 7 - Some good crosses, decent display

Knockaert 9 - Everywhere, incredible display, second goal was sublime

James 9 - Rate this lad so highly, been impressed everytime I have seen him, brilliant performance

Drinkwater 8 - Some poor stray passes, but has great understanding with James, and controlled things well

Marshall 6 - Better performance, but was in and out of the game a lot

Nugent 7 - Has played better, but had a great understanding with Wood, and got assists

Wood 9 - What a way to start, incredible signing

Subs

Dyer 7 - Impressive, full of pace

Gallagher 6 - One good effort, apart from that nothing

Waghorn 6 - Didn't do much for me, apart from his decent goal

Kasper 7 - A couple of good saves and got his decision making spot on.

RDL 8 - His best game for us. Lovely goal and finally shown a bit of end product.

Konch 7 - Supported the attack well and steady at the back. Nice assist too.

Morgan 7 - Another commanding display.

Keane 8 - Composed and assured. Looks a great prospect and didn't really put a foot wrong.

Knockaert 9 - Two goals, two assists and some fantastic play. The boy is different class.

Marshall 7 - Didn't produce much but he was a good outlet and worked hard.

James 9 - Fantastic. His best performance this season.

Drinkwater 7 - Gave the ball away a bit but he still had a good game.

Nugent 8 - So unlucky not to score, great work for the second. This could be a deadly partnership.

Wood 9 - two goals, a great assist, great in the air and on the floor. What a signing.

Waghorn 7 - Lovely volley for his goal.

Dyer 6 - Should've squared rather than shooting but caused them problems.

Gally 6 - Came so close with a rasping effort. Kept things neat and tidy.

Kasper 7 Simple enough task today, unlucky to concede.

De Laet 9 Outstanding in both attack and defensive. Cracking finish for his goal.

Morgan 7 Solid.

Keane 8 Won everything in the air and is very strong in his tackles, would be good to keep him on loan.

Konchesky 7 Linked up well in the attack, pretty standard performance.

Marshall 7 Glad he's not injured after that shocking tackle, played well until he went off.

James 8 What we've missed in the middle - breaks up the play and can get an attack going.

Drinkwater 7 Lost the ball a few times but a tidy performance, worked very hard.

Knockaert 9 Terrific talent, never seen such skill from a Leicester player.

Nugent 8 Great tenacity, deserved his rest.

Wood 9 MOTM The complete forward - can score goals, hold the ball up, flick the ball on and pass. Looking forward to him and Nuge forming a great partnership. Only disappointment was that he didn't get his hat-trick!

Waghorn 7 Had all the time in the world to finish and did so with confidence.

Dyer 6 His best role I feel. Can make an impact coming off the bench against tired legs. Didn't do so today, but the game was already over.

Gallagher 6 Decent cameo, could have scored and it looks like he knows his work rate needed to improve.

Kasper - 7 - Nothing of note.

De Laet - 8 - Great finish, did well going forward and got back when he needed to.

Morgan - 7 - A few shaky moments in the first-half I thought, but other than that his usual dominant display.

Keane - 8 - Did really well, hope we can keep him for the season based on what we've seen of him so far.

Konchesky - 7 - Solid, back to his old self.

Knockaert - 9 - Two great goals, nice assist.

James - 8 - Brilliant performance, King is going to have a job getting back in if James and Drinkwater can keep it up.

Drinkwater - 8 - Put in a great performance alongside James, continues to look comfortable dropping back and supporting the defenders as well as further forward.

Marshall - 7 - Pretty average but he's looking better, shame it got cut short.

Nugent - 8 - Worked well with Wood, did a great job and was selfless in setting up Wood's second, it was good to see.

Wood - 9 - Superb, we've needed someone to hold the ball up for a while, Waggy hasn't been doing it too badly since he came back, but Wood looks like a natural finisher, good in the air, brilliant performance. Nigel deserves a lot of credit for bringing him in, if he can keep it up.

Kasper 7 - looked like the real Kapser again

De Laet 8 - excellent right back performance

Morgan 6.5 - actually thought this was one of his worst performances for us

Keane 7 - looks very assured, hope we get him for the season

Konchesky 6.5 - got forward well

Marshall 7.5 - played well

James 8.5 - everything I hoped he'd be when he signed, been great last 3 games

Drinkwater 7.5 - works well with James, had a poor 10 minutes though

Knockaert 9 - there's something about Huddersfield that he likes,

Nugent 7 - worked hard, rightly taken off and rested

Wood 8 - great debut, exactly what we need to add a different dimension.

Schmeichel 7 - Made some great catches, disappointed by goal though.

De Laet 8 - Class, made some great runs and deserved a goal.

Morgan 6.5 - Shakiest game this season for me, glad it happened today though.

Keane 8.5 - The young lad was outstanding despite only looking about 5 years old.

Konchesky 7 - Average Konchesky game, got forward well.

Marshall 7 - Looked sharp, but lacked a final ball most of the time.

James 9.5 - Very under the radar, a scholes-esque performance, could be our secret weapon.

Drinkwater 8 - Overshadowed by James but nonetheless a solid display.

Knockaert 9 - He'll be in the Premier League next year, whether with us or someone else if we dont go up. Special.

Nugent 7 - Could've had a goal and set a couple up.

Wood 9 - Great debut, gave the ball away a bit but that will improve as he gets used to the team.

Kasper 7 - Tidy, not much to do tbh.

De Laet 8 - Great game and goal, a bit of naff passing but otherwise great.

Morgan 8 - Rock

Keane 8 - Great first 90 minutes. Is this really his first full competitive game?

Konchesky 7 - Steady Steady!

Marshall 7 Some lovely play, tidy though not a stand-out performance.

James 8 - Finally looking like a confident midfielder! Seemed at heart of most of our attacks. Great game.

Drinkwater 7.5 - Steady again, and looked a threat coming forward

Knockaert 9 - He's just so... Knock-o-rific? 2 beauties and countless other terrorising runs.

Nugent 7.5 - Great foil for Wood, and unlucky not to score today.

Wood 9.5 - Gave me Wood watching him tear their defence apart. Welcome to the club, you beautiful Kiwi. MOTM.

Waghorn 7.5 Great finish, always running and made sure we didn't get complacent when we went 4 ahead. Another great cameo.

Dyer 7 - Almost felt sorry for their poor left back, already knackered then having to track old Duracell! Good cameo.

Gallagher 7 - Who has stolen Gally and replaced him with this clone with bite in the tackle and genuine movement?!?! Good little run out.

Huddersfield Fans 10 - Best banter in ages - maybe since Cheltenham in League 1. :thumbup:

Kasper - 7

De Laet 8 - Fantastic, again. Made some great runs and scored a great goal.

Morgan 6 - Shakiest game this season, I agree. Vaughan is a strong lad though.

Keane 8 - Very good game. Composed and strong.

Konchesky 7 - Improved but still think we need cover. Good performance though.

Marshall 7

James 8 - Impressed me today, good performance. Tidied up well.

Drinkwater 7

Knockaert 8 - Great performance. Creative, sharp and supplied the finish.

Nugent 7 - Typical Nuge, worked hard and set up a goal. Unlucky to come off.

Wood 9 - Brilliant, everything you want from a target man. Chased the ball, held the ball up and brought players into the game.

Schmeichel 7

De Laet 8

Morgan 7.5

Keane 7.5

Konchesky 7

Knockaert 9

James 8.5

Drinkwater 7.5

Marshall 7

Nugent 7.5

Wood 8.5

Schmeichel: 6 or 7: Some good takes of high crosses; could he have parried it wider for their rebound goal; if not, then 7

De Laet: 6.5 Sound tackles, decent runs

Morgan 6.5 Solid as ever

Keane 7.5 Excellent positioning & interventions, calm in possession - impressed on that showing (needs greater test, though)

Konch 7 Much better than recently

Marshall 7 As per Konch; rarely wasted it, regularly beat his man

Drinkwater 7 Decent work in engine room

James 7.5 Very thorough, classy at times; a lot of potential

Knocky 8.5 MOM Not everything works, but flair to burn - & combined with team/work ethic, most unusually

Nugent 7 THE team player among team players; always contributes

Wood 8 Great debut; finishing, judgment, laying off, holding up, movement, flicks - could be a massive signing

Waghorn 7 Contributed well, nicely taken goal

Dyer 6.5 A threat, good effort

Gally 7 Higher work rate, good passing, great shot - seems to be responding to the challenge

Not to knock peoples ratings but am i the only one who thought DD had a really poor 2nd 45. He looked tired as well towards the end in a game that was almost as much as a stroll as ipswich.

Would rest next week and play james and king.

James by the way. Much improved. Looked out of place against torquay in august. But really top draw stuff today. Would run knocky and wood close for mom for me.

Schmeichel 7.5 - Very little to do, made some good punches and catches though which were pleasing

De Laet 8 - Has so much pace to burn and provides a threat going forward. Glad to see him score today as well. Solid performance.

Keane 8 - Very impressed with his performance today. Read the game well, won his headers. Let's try and get him 'til the end of the season.

Morgan 8 - Standard Wes

Konchesky 7 - Steady performance, one of his better performances of the season.

Knockaert 9 (MOTM just... sorry Matty) - What a player he can be. At his creative best. 2nd goal was magnificent and the first was very well taken too. Made them look foolish all game.

Drinkwater 7.5 - Always wanting the ball. Kept the ball moving around today. Feel he prefers to play with James and that those two have a great understanding of each other.

James 9 - Broke their moves down, started ours. Was a strong presence in the middle and his passing was spot on. As above, great partnership with DD.

Marshall 7 - Better. But, still not performing like the player we signed. Injury doesn't sound too bad. He will come good though, and will always pop up with important goals.

Nugent 8 - Tireless running and pressure. Great assist for Wood's second. Unlucky that a great save stopped the first being his goal. Also had another great strike which goalie saved. Looking forward to the mouthwatering partnership him and Wood will form

Wood 8.5 - What we have missed. Superb hold up play, so when we do have to hit it a bit longer it doesn't just come straight back at us! Obviously two goals very important. V impressed with assist for Waggy's goal and seem's like he has a decent footballing brain as well.

Waghorn 7.5 - Well taken goal. Not much else to say

Dyer 7 - Pace caused a threat. Had a couple of chances. Amused me greatly with his run across the whole pitch, was as if he'd forgotten where the goal was!

Gallagher 7 - I though I heard boos as well... Getting more stuck in than he used to. Shot was brilliant and agonisingly close. Was a Pearson signing was he not? Will have a part to play in the promotion push and we know he does have quality.

Nige 8 - Glad to see 4-4-2 resumed at home and the decision to keep James and throw Wood in the team was a good one. Building a very capable side. 2013 appears like it could be very exciting for us foxes fans...

Archived