Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Huddersfield

This time last year, people moaned that Norwich was a crap draw. Now it's looked on fondly as one of the best away games on the season. I for one, am looking forward to it!

well you're comparing an event that hasn't happened yet, to one which has and ended in a positive result. If we'd lost it would have still been viewed as a crap draw.

This time last year, people moaned that Norwich was a crap draw. Now it's looked on fondly as one of the best away games on the season. I for one, am looking forward to it!

No this time last year people moaned that Swindon was a crap draw.

Hi all, Huddersfield fan here.

For those of you saying you will bring 5 or 6,000, that's impossible as the home end only holds 4,000. I imagine you'll receive the full allocation but with it only being an FA Cup 4th Round tie I'll be surprised if you bring over more than 3,000. The minimum price is £15 (unless a lower price can be mutually agreed between the two clubs) but given we're playing a Championship side (albeit a very strong one) I'd expect it to be £15 for adults across the board.

Regarding Beckford, it's been confirmed on the HTAFC Twitter feed that he is definitely ineligible so you won't have to worry about him. Will we bring someone else in to partner James Vaughan up front? I bloody well hope so, but it could be absolutely anyone on loan or (preferably) on a permanent deal who hasn't already played in the FA Cup this season. Do you expect Pearson to play a strong team, or bearing in mind you'll probably be playing Cardiff 3 days later will he rest a few to give some of your youngsters a chance? Considering what happened in both League meetings I can see you turning us over regardless of how many first teamers Pearson picks, unless we bring in some real quality between now and then.

In all honesty this is probably the worst home draw we could've got, I don't think anyone on our board wanted a Championship team and drawing one of the strongest teams in the League was the last thing we wanted. I'm not exactly hopeful of getting a result, but we can hardly put up less of a fight than in the two league matches so fingers crossed we can actually give your lot a game in 3 weeks.

For those of you saying you will bring 5 or 6,000, that's impossible as the home end only holds 4,000. I imagine you'll receive the full allocation but with it only being an FA Cup 4th Round tie I'll be surprised if you bring over more than 3,000. The minimum price is £15 (unless a lower price can be mutually agreed between the two clubs) but given we're playing a Championship side (albeit a very strong one) I'd expect it to be £15 for adults across the board.

Regarding Beckford, it's been confirmed on the HTAFC Twitter feed that he is definitely ineligible so you won't have to worry about him. Will we bring someone else in to partner James Vaughan up front? I bloody well hope so, but it could be absolutely anyone on loan or (preferably) on a permanent deal who hasn't already played in the FA Cup this season. Do you expect Pearson to play a strong team, or bearing in mind you'll probably be playing Cardiff 3 days later will he rest a few to give some of your youngsters a chance? Considering what happened in both League meetings I can see you turning us over regardless of how many first teamers Pearson picks, unless we bring in some real quality between now and then.

In all honesty this is probably the worst home draw we could've got, I don't think anyone on our board wanted a Championship team and drawing one of the strongest teams in the League was the last thing we wanted. I'm not exactly hopeful of getting a result, but we can hardly put up less of a fight than in the two league matches so fingers crossed we can actually give your lot a game in 3 weeks.

We won't be playing Cardiff 3 days later not when we have Wolves on Thursday 31st January

We won't be playing Cardiff 3 days later not when we have Wolves on Thursday 31st January

My mistake, I assumed that the Cardiff game would be put back 3 days since I had no idea you were playing on a Thursday which, to be honest, doesn't happy very often in England.Is it on TV or something?Either way, I'd imagine Pearson would want his strongest team available for a local derby like Wolves.

Might go to this, depending on prices and train prices. Though if Sunderland get through, they'll have Everton at home which will be cheap and easy to get to.. Not able to get to another game in January mind, so might have to go to this!b

I doubt many will get rested especially if some new signings come in. NP only rested 3 last year and put out strong teams against Forest and Swindon last year. I should imagine we'll take around 2k, be nice to have cheap tickets, its not like we need the small amount of extra money from the extra ticket price. I just hope its not 20+ quid.

How much was a ticket for Forest last year?

My mistake, I assumed that the Cardiff game would be put back 3 days since I had no idea you were playing on a Thursday which, to be honest, doesn't happy very often in England.Is it on TV or something?Either way, I'd imagine Pearson would want his strongest team available for a local derby like Wolves.

yeah, they did the same last season when we played derby

I doubt many will get rested especially if some new signings come in. NP only rested 3 last year and put out strong teams against Forest and Swindon last year. I should imagine we'll take around 2k, be nice to have cheap tickets, its not like we need the small amount of extra money from the extra ticket price. I just hope its not 20+ quid.

How much was a ticket for Forest last year?

I think we will sell whatever we're allocated especially if prices are right! :chant:

But what team will Huddersfield put out?, you have some tough games coming up in the next few months and on your current form I think you should be looking at staying up rather than the cup.

why are people moaning?

could of got a lot worse draw... Brighton away for example.

Cracking game last time round and they have a cracking little ground

Hope i get a ticket

At 24,500 it's hardly a "little ground". With a likely 4,000 allocation I can't see you having any trouble in getting a ticket.

At 24,500 it's hardly a "little ground". With a likely 4,000 allocation I can't see you having any trouble in getting a ticket.

must be the modern layout that makes it look small.

LCFC have a tremendous away following on the whole, my brothers priority 3 so fingers crossed

must be the modern layout that makes it look small.

LCFC have a tremendous away following on the whole, my brothers priority 3 so fingers crossed

Priority 3 will be no problem, this will make general sale.

Confetti show again! If we all got in on the act this would be superb in the away end

Archived