Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Bristol Match Thread

Yeah but you combine the two dontcha.

:thumbup:

I don't think it's as straight forward as that as the first bet has a major part to play in the second bet.

Therefore as Wood netted 3 it makes the second bet a lot easier to get, you need a bookie or professional gambler to explain it but the odds are slightly less than the two separate bets multiplied.

I don't think it's as straight forward as that as the first bet has a major part to play in the second bet.

Therefore as Wood netted 3 it makes the second bet a lot easier to get, you need a bookie or professional gambler to explain it but the odds are slightly less than the two separate bets multiplied.

Or the other way round if you win a game 4 0 it's quite likely your most lethal goalscorer (Wood or Nugent) will have scored more than 1.

Still given the other was 125s, gotta be at least 300/1 for me. Babs needs to spill the beans haha.

Therefore as Wood needed 3 it makes the second bet a lot easier to get, you need a bookie or professional gambler to explain it but the odds are slightly less than the two separate bets multiplied.

There's probably a mathematical formula that bookies apply for situations like that, but I think say that the odds of a Wood hat-trick would be 30-1 and a 4-0 win is 25-1...you'd probably reduce by a factor of about a half to take account that getting one makes the other much more likely...so instead of 750-1 combined the 'true' odds would be about 375-1. As a bookie you always want a margin to add to that, so a bookie might quote you 250 or 300-1. Perhaps.

Archived