Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Weather & Boro At Home

i think it was the season before last we had a real cold one (could of been the Leeds game on boxing day) i remember i had 2 pairs of trousers 3 pairs or socks stupid amount of layers on top, i could hardly move but was still freezing. Think it may be the same Friday.

'jump up in you're ****ing cold' surely the best chant!

It's always my feet I can't keep warm, the rest of the body is easy with a few layers. What is it with feet? I've once managed to get 4 pairs of socks on under my footwear and it's made no bastard difference. I'll be watching it in the boozer in London, luckily.

Even if it was off on the Friday, would it be unfeasible to play it on the Sat instead if conditions were better?

Not sure exactly what the rules are regarding rearranging fixtures. England v Poland went ahead the next day, but obviously things are a bit different with that one than this.

I went to a game in France once that was snowed off then played the next day.

They will do everything they can because of the TV.

Add to that a silly ref like we had at Ipswich and it could become a dangerous farce.

Because this game is on sky, I rekon it will be on

I'm sure it will be on, 100% sure infact.

Boro fans will easily get here and back, main roads are always passable. Anyone come back from Brighton last season?

When we got back to the KP it was 4 or more inches deep but cars were driving in it.

Plus it isn't supposed to hit us till late in the afternoon, early evening.

Do they keep the under soil heating on during a game if it's snowing, we don't want a Portman Road.

Edited to add, latest forecast shows snow from 6am. Hmmmm!

837a204ddf71935f4577ecc97f705d59.jpg

I'm a bit dubious about coming across to be honest.

I don't fancy travelling back to the West Midlands at night with snow. It'd crossed my mind to get a room in the Holiday Inn and travel back next day but cash is tight after Christmas.

We will have to see.

I'm sure it will be on, 100% sure infact.

Boro fans will easily get here and back, main roads are always passable. Anyone come back from Brighton last season?

When we got back to the KP it was 4 or more inches deep but cars were driving in it.

Plus it isn't supposed to hit us till late in the afternoon, early evening.

Do they keep the under soil heating on during a game if it's snowing, we don't want a Portman Road.

Edited to add, latest forecast shows snow from 6am. Hmmmm!

That image shows snow from 6am Friday until 6pm Saturday. If true that's a lot of snow!

It probably means there is more chance of the game being on now it's Friday night, than had it been on Saturday afternoon though?

Even if it was off on the Friday, would it be unfeasible to play it on the Sat instead if conditions were better?

Not sure exactly what the rules are regarding rearranging fixtures. England v Poland went ahead the next day, but obviously things are a bit different with that one than this.

I was thinking that too

Don't think they are allowed to have undersoil heating on during a match. Also, I think it has to be turned off at a certain period of time before kick-off. The surface could be quite tricky by the end .... a good time to bring Knocky off the bench if he's not 100% ??

Archived