Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Weather & Boro At Home

It looks like the game could be in grave doubt sadly....not down to the pitch or our preparations internally as we stand . If the between 15 & 25 cms of snow is dumped in 12 to 14 hours of solid snow the state of pitch and more importantly surounding streets and roads would make it impossible to put on :( Forecasters have got it wrong before but not looking good!

Anyone own a mini bulldozer who can volunteer to clear the footpaths around the stadium? You don't even have to volunteer, just go and do it about 4am Friday.

I'd do it but I've got a bad foot and haven't got any decent gloves.

On EMT reet now Pearson said that weather has hampered training and that a few staff and players have fallen a bit ill too.

Anyone own a mini bulldozer who can volunteer to clear the footpaths around the stadium? You don't even have to volunteer, just go and do it about 4am Friday.

On EMT reet now Pearson said that weather has hampered training and that a few staff and players have fallen a bit ill too.

Council will be there most of the day imagin

Ive got a blow lamp?

I've got a memory of going down to filbert street in the late 70's/early 80's with my dad, a wheelbarrow and a shovel to help clear the ground of snow for a match.

If they call it off because of the state of the streets, then they better shut all the shops in town too - I don't want dragging down there at the weekend!

Logically there's no reason why they shouldn't.

All this surrounding areas stuff is utterly embarrassing. What has become of the once great human race?

I'm sure we had snow that time we played Forest on TV and loads of other games got called off....?

Yeah it chucked it down getting back to Grantham that night was terrible couldn't see the difference between the road and the verges

In my opinion all this surrounding area stuff is h&s bullshit. They don't shut shops or tell you not

to come to work because the paths are slippy so why should football be any different. If the pitch

is playable the game should go ahead.

Completely agree. Anyone unable to walk down an icy street shouldn't be at a match. Disabled and OAPs aside

In my opinion all this surrounding area stuff is h&s bullshit. They don't shut shops or tell you not

to come to work because the paths are slippy so why should football be any different. If the pitch

is playable the game should go ahead.

Someone will flame me here but all the elf n safety shite has come around from years of Labour being in charge.

It's like the slightest whiff of sleet and boom every school is shut, they are so scared of someone putting a claim in for little Tommy falling over that the easiest thing to do is shut up. Back in my day we never had a school closed, massive snow ball fights at break time, building igloos etc.

A few wet steps or ice on a pavement won't kill anyone but all the paperwork and reports after are too much for companies to cope with, 20 years ago if someone slipped over on ice they'd get up, have a laugh with their mates and hobble on. Now it's a claim to whoever owns the area involved and a cheque in the post in a month or two.

All gone wrong this country has. [/rant over]

Archived