Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Weather & Boro At Home

Might have to weigh this up on Friday. Not sure it's worth a 240 mile round trip 'in case' the game goes ahead!

That said I'll have all day to get to Leicester and don't have work until 14:00 the next day so that hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue, provided the game does go ahead.

Completely agree. Anyone unable to walk down an icy street shouldn't be at a match. Disabled and OAPs aside

OAPs would be even more horrified than me and you :)

They'd be all 'back in my day we used to get 6 feet of snow, for 8 months of the year! Anything you did in the sun, you did in the snow. And we didn't have any of this grit stuff, couldn't, there was a bloody war on you know. Even coats were at a premium, and stiff as a board they were, couldn't even wear them. And then we went to the football and stood on a terrace - and that was covered in 6 feet of snow too. And we threw bags on the pitch, the very few that we had, didn't have a lot in those days, there was a war on you know. In fact we chucked anything on there, no one complained. If something hit one of the opposition players they'd applaud us, and we'd applaud back. Humans were built to last back then....'

And so on and so forth.

The pitch and surrounding areas will be fine it's getting to and from Leicester in heavy snow that's going to cause people problems. I was planning on driving down from Yorkshire but don't much fancy driving in a blizzard in the dark with just my cars crap headlights and useless windscreen wipers.

It's looking like having to put up with Goodman and Beagrie on Sky for me if the forecasts are accurate

It will probably be a light dusting of about half a cm of snow. Always happens after such reports

Yes they do get it wrong sometimes but this looks like a large band sweeping acros the country on Friday, not hit and miss with some places missing it. With the very low temperatures as well I think there must be a doubt. Sky will have a say but that last game at Ipswich only went ahead because Sven was a pushover. If NP had been in charge I get the feeling that once they came off that would have been the end.

Usually H+S dictate how the ground and areas are OUTSIDE the immediate vicinity of the ground...if its gonna be dodgy for folk to get in,it'll be off...no matter what them c.unts Sky do...

I live in the North West of the USA, at present and have moved around a lot....I've seen countries that have a lot of snow.

In the last 2 or 3 weeks we've had bucket loads of snow. At present it's about 2/3 feet deep all around.

You know what happens here? They grit the roads, clear the paths and get the **** on with life.

England and the English are absolutely pitiful when it comes to dealing with snow. The country shuts down and we look an absolute laughing stock.

Someone will flame me here but all the elf n safety shite has come around from years of Labour being in charge.

It's like the slightest whiff of sleet and boom every school is shut, they are so scared of someone putting a claim in for little Tommy falling over that the easiest thing to do is shut up. Back in my day we never had a school closed, massive snow ball fights at break time, building igloos etc.

A few wet steps or ice on a pavement won't kill anyone but all the paperwork and reports after are too much for companies to cope with, 20 years ago if someone slipped over on ice they'd get up, have a laugh with their mates and hobble on. Now it's a claim to whoever owns the area involved and a cheque in the post in a month or two.

All gone wrong this country has. [/rant over]

So, you're blaming a political party because some lawyers are opportunistic. Gotcha.

Im going off topic here perhaps slightly but this will give some people an example pf the bureaucracy we face with bad weather.

The merchants i worked at had a sloping car park and the entrance to the shop was on a concrete ramp to allow disabled access. Both got incredibly slippery in weather like this. The boss wouldnt allow anybody from work to either put down any grit nor clear a pathway on the ramp. The reason- the minute anyone touches it you become liable if someone falls. Leavinf it alobe was classed as an act of god.

Ridiculous, but my point is that i imagine however badly the club want the game to go ahead they probably aren't allowed to touch the surrounding roads and will probably hope the council will sort it for them

OAPs would be even more horrified than me and you :)

They'd be all 'back in my day we used to get 6 feet of snow, for 8 months of the year! Anything you did in the sun, you did in the snow. And we didn't have any of this grit stuff, couldn't, there was a bloody war on you know. Even coats were at a premium, and stiff as a board they were, couldn't even wear them. And then we went to the football and stood on a terrace - and that was covered in 6 feet of snow too. And we threw bags on the pitch, the very few that we had, didn't have a lot in those days, there was a war on you know. In fact we chucked anything on there, no one complained. If something hit one of the opposition players they'd applaud us, and we'd applaud back. Humans were built to last back then....'

And so on and so forth.

Then they'll slip over, break their hip, end up in hospital, get a super bug and the rest is history.

So, you're blaming a political party because some lawyers are opportunistic. Gotcha.

Why not?!

The Tories have tried to blame Labour for everything from the Global Recession to lack of bog roll in the commons toilets ever since they got elected.

Oh wait, hold on, they didn't actually get elected did they.

Stu I had the same situation when i was governor of a primary scholl our caretaker refuses to grit the sloping path to the entrance with the grit and spreader we bought for the job.Kids loved it nice icy slope.Did it myself in the end and soon moved him on.

I live in the North West of the USA, at present and have moved around a lot....I've seen countries that have a lot of snow.

In the last 2 or 3 weeks we've had bucket loads of snow. At present it's about 2/3 feet deep all around.

You know what happens here? They grit the roads, clear the paths and get the **** on with life.

England and the English are absolutely pitiful when it comes to dealing with snow. The country shuts down and we look an absolute laughing stock.

We do tend to have "the wrong type of snow" though in England :P

What I've never understood is that Schools close at the first hint of snow, but actually open again the next day when the pavements are actually lethal. The snow has been trampled down, or melted and frozen again and become a frigging ice skating rink. Walking in snow is easy, walking on ice isn't.

What I've never understood is that Schools close at the first hint of snow, but actually open again the next day when the pavements are actually lethal. The snow has been trampled down, or melted and frozen again and become a frigging ice skating rink. Walking in snow is easy, walking on ice isn't.

They close because the kids and teachers want to play in the snow and won't be at school anyway.

Archived