Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

2 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

This has been brilliant to watch, come on Poults!

If ever your life was dependent on someone holing a putt for you, you'd have to chose Poults.

What a putt under pressure and I hope he goes on to close it out and book his place at Augusta.

8 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Good boy Poults!

Stuck £70 on him @4/7 just before the play off. Just knew he'd win it....

I have had an unbelievable week, although would have been much more if Hossler won the playoff but my bets were: Hossler first round leader (2nd) £120 return. Then Hossler, Poulter and Kuchar outright. £625 off Poulter, £180 off Hossler and £32.50 off Kuchar ?

I've never peppered it like that before! Spieth has now had £175 on the nose at 12/1

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I have had an unbelievable week, although would have been much more if Hossler won the playoff but my bets were: Hossler first round leader (2nd) £120 return. Then Hossler, Poulter and Kuchar outright. £625 off Poulter, £180 off Hossler and £32.50 off Kuchar ?

I've never peppered it like that before! Spieth has now had £175 on the nose at 12/1

:nigel:

That would be a nice couple of grand in the back burner!

Must admit watching Spieth last night he was starting to look ominous. Seems like he's timing his run perfectly for Augusta so might stick my Poulter winnings on him from last night although I can only get 10/1 at PP.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

:nigel:

That would be a nice couple of grand in the back burner!

Must admit watching Spieth last night he was starting to look ominous. Seems like he's timing his run perfectly for Augusta so might stick my Poulter winnings on him from last night although I can only get 10/1 at PP.

Get on Ladbrokes mate and boost the price. I got 12s last night but think they might have shortened him slightly.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Not much mention of Rory on the last few pages. Is he not in form after his win the other week? 

I reckon he's got every chance mate - along with about another 30 of them :D

His odds seem similar to Speith, Thomas, Woods, Rose, DJ etc. but Rory always seems capable of having one of those big blow up rounds that take him out of contention.  

His long game is as good as any when he's on it, but I'm not sure he's properly sorted his putting out yet (although he won recently as you say). I just think there's others putting better than him at the moment.

I'd dearly love him to win it but I don't think I'll be putting any money on him this time (so he's bound to win :D)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Fowler (22s) and Pieters (66s) for me. Both have the game and previous course form. 

Fowler is being left well alone by me, I've had my fingers burnt on him so many times. I hope he wins a major one day he's very much a Garcia in his ridiculous natural ability and tendancy to fcuk up as well. The sort of player I'd be more than happy to win if I'm not on him as he deserves it.

Sat down this morning with a notepad and pen and ended up filling the ****er with about 100 possibilities. 

Daniel Berger just fell from 110 to 80s while I was browsing so someone must have lumped on him.

Question.

Is there value with Speith first round leader at 18/1? Or is there some unwritten  rule that a potential winner rarely wins the first round? 

38 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Sat down this morning with a notepad and pen and ended up filling the ****er with about 100 possibilities. 

Daniel Berger just fell from 110 to 80s while I was browsing so someone must have lumped on him.

Question.

Is there value with Speith first round leader at 18/1? Or is there some unwritten  rule that a potential winner rarely wins the first round? 

There's always value in the first round leader market IMO, your problem is it is a one off so 90% of the field could be your leader. I wouldn't be put off Spieth of all people, a wire to wire winner at AN (if memory serves me right). 

Ric is your man for FRL markets, see some of his posts earlier in the thread. 

Interestingly, I've read an article that there is only 2-3 winners at Augusta that have come from more than 5 behind after the first round. Could be an interesting betting opportunity to see who gets their name in the hat after R1. 

https://betting.betfair.com/golf/us-masters/us-masters-2018-odds-betting-preview-290318-167.html

Under the heading in play tactics is where the fast start being imperative is written.

Edited by HowardsBulletHeader
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:
Did you guys see/read this..,and now he is at the top of the leaderboard.

The pain relief must be working well!

I've only seen it once and I nearly puked.

Can't believe he's playing never mind contending.

Showed some nads to pop it back in himself though. Respect for that.