Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Huddersfield (Cup) Post Match 1-1

The players you mention though are regulars and we know how good they can be.

Wellens and Vardy were the two who obviously got chances to prove themselves more than others, and they didn't take it.

Vardy is a waste of money, I wanted to give him a chance, but he hasn't been good enough for months, Wellens first apperance in a while and he didn't take his chance, has to be sold now.

Listening to that Wellens interview, I think his attitude was spot on and when people talk about the lack of experience in the squad, he's perfect to have around the place with the younger guys. Bit like Scholes and Giggs and Utd.

Nobody will buy him with the wages he's on and I feel he's more use to us here than on loan somewhere.

P.S. great honesty when he spoke about the bitching and moaning that happened under Sven.

How many times do managers (in general) have to rest a load of players in a cup tie before they realise it never works. Now we have another needless game to distract us in the league, while Watford keep marching on.

Pleased we are still in the cup, but feel today could have been managed a lot better.

Listening to that Wellens interview, I think his attitude was spot on and when people talk about the lack of experience in the squad, he's perfect to have around the place with the younger guys. Bit like Scholes and Giggs and Utd.

Nobody will buy him with the wages he's on and I feel he's more use to us here than on loan somewhere.

I agree with that, but a month on loan to get his fitness wouldn't be a bad thing.

The players you mention though are regulars and we know how good they can be.

Wellens and Vardy were the two who obviously got chances to prove themselves more than others, and they didn't take it.

Vardy is a waste of money, I wanted to give him a chance, but he hasn't been good enough for months, Wellens first apperance in a while and he didn't take his chance, has to be sold now.

You retard, Wellens hasn't played since April.

Bloody hate fans like you

P.S. great honesty when he spoke about the bitching and moaning that happened under Sven.

James, Drinkwater and King are all ahead of him now, there is no point him being here.

Loan him out again if we must, don't care where he goes either.

You retard, Wellens hasn't played since April.

Bloody hate fans like you

Are you one of them fans who think Wellens can still do a job?

If so you are deluded.

The same fans who are complaining about the team selection will be licking Pearson arse if we win on Thursday. Realisticly we have no chance of winning the competition, yet we have a very good chance of promotion so why risk injuries? If Nuge and Wood picked up injuries and were out for months would it be worthwhile just to be in round 5 of a cup we aren't going to win.

I would start with the same team for the replay. Mad I know.

Redemption.

I would start Futacs ahead of Vardy.

Vardy really needs to be sold or sent out on loan in my opinion, he is short of confidence, and despite how hard he works, he really does seem to lack the quality that is needed at this level.

I wouldn`t play Wellens in the replay either!

Are you one of them fans who think Wellens can still do a job?

If so you are deluded.

Kingfox, when it comes to judging players, I really don't think you have a good enough track record to go around insulting people.

Worrying how our fringe players seldom shine when given a chance, lucky our usual starting XI are mustard at the minute. If we can get a new wide player and a central midfielder on loan I would do!! Time for Vardy to be moved on, he's in dreadful nick.

We acted today like we are a top premier league club today. 5 changes and we were lucky to draw against them.Too many changes for me. Winning breeds a winning mentality and losing breeds negativity. Come on you Waghorn supporters how many chances are we going to give this so called striker? I hope he is moved on now, have said this for ages, but he is a Pearson favourite for some reason. Strikers score goals and Waghorn does not score anywhere near enough goals. I would have liked to have seen a youth team player given one of these chances today instead of the tried and tested Waghorn mediocrity seen time and time again. So come on you Waghorn lovers defend another poor performance .....................

I perfectly understood the team selection.

Pearson may have learned a valuable lesson: As we saw with the first (and, to a lesser extent, second) Burton game, it's increasingly apparent that we lack genuine strength in depth. But he NEEDS to know for sure whether he can depend on some of those we saw coming in today in the event of an injury crisis.

We can't.

If this enables Pearson to finally arrive at the conclusion that we may not have two - and certainly don't have three - consistent wingers; that Vardy isn't an option right now and that we are short of viable options in the centre of midfield, then it could be a very positive outcome. I'd be surprised if we didn't see a little transfer activity in the coming days, in either direction.

The only positive from today's result for me.

I could be wrong, but I make the average age of today's line-up over 26. Hardly inexperienced - and yet today we looked like we were missing Wood, Drinkwater, Knockaert and James (average age 21) badly.

Last season we were very experienced indeed but went nowhere. Today's midfield four were fielded on a regular basis and were no better then than they were today. This is especially true of Wellens.

We have sufficient experience in the likes of Morgan, Nugent, Konchesky, Whitbread, St. Ledger and Schmeichel (not to mention King and Dyer, of those returning to the side today). While Wellens may have something to offer (though I'm far from convinced), I refuse to believe that we need to keep him on board because of experience alone.

Kingfox, when it comes to judging players, I really don't think you have a good enough track record to go around insulting people.

Not insulting people, i'm asking him a basic question so many other people have asked in the past.

Do you think Wellens can still do a job Mark?

Do you think he will be ahead of Drinkwater, James or King ever again?

People wanted him gone a while ago, same with Vardy, and just because Wellens gives an honest opinion, and Schmeichel got Vardy out of trouble, people are willing to give them a chance again.

NO JUST NO, it's not as simple as that, Wellens got his chance today he didn't take it, he got loaned out for a reason, and deserves to be loaned out again, because he doesn't warrant a place in the team and Pearson's plans, same with Vardy he is not good enough for this League, and his current form is now making me think that he won't ever be, some people will agree and some people will disagree, but he has done nothing for months, yes he was ill for a couple of weeks, but he came back and nearly cost us a win against Middlesbrough, then puts in a rubbish performance today.

I have admitted I was wrong in the past, especially on Drinkwater.

Happy with the draw. Even though Nige made 5 changes, the back 4 stayed the same and they were a little sloppier then usual today.

I've noticed when our two full backs commit further forward, more chances are created and we seem a lot more of a threat.

I think there would be 2 televised replays, 1 on ITV, 1 on ESPN (I know there is definitely 1 on ESPN) - anyone else got an idea? Either way lets hope tonight's game and tomorrow's games are all decided then we'll definitely be televised and get the FA's live broadcast fee of £135,850.

The same fans who are complaining about the team selection will be licking Pearson arse if we win on Thursday. Realisticly we have no chance of winning the competition, yet we have a very good chance of promotion so why risk injuries? If Nuge and Wood picked up injuries and were out for months would it be worthwhile just to be in round 5 of a cup we aren't going to win.

Firstly, no I wouldn't have been. (licking arse)

Secondly, if we weren't bothered about progressing, and wanted to rest players, we should have just made 11 changes like Cardiff did and be done with it.

I actually feel it's unfair on the away support today. They made the journey up with the best of intentions. Only for us to field a weakened side. It's sort of like thinking you're are buying a genuine product, and all you end up with is a fake.

What we did has created the worst of both worlds. Personally I would have played a full strength side. Even if we had won today I still would have played a full strength side, and made early subs to rest players once we had the game won.

Guys, let's stop bitching.

It's the F.A Cup. Weird things happen in this cup.

We were lucky today, other teams weren't. I would suspect if the same team team started at the KP, we would easily put six (6) past them and Vardy to get a Hat-trick.

Well played to Huddersfield, they had a point to prove and nothing to lose, if they had a chance to win, it would have been today, that chance has now gone, and they know it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I do admit perhaps one change too much but consider...

Struggling side, nasty pitch, fighting for their lives, scrappy team, hunt and lee making notably bad tackles...if rather not play my best side and risk one getting on the end of a stray stud to the ankle and be out for wolves etc...

Not sure why such a big deal is being made on the rotation.

Loads of clubs do it, doesn't mean disrespect towards the competition or fans. Just common sense to protect your players for the priority that is the league and trust the SQUAD you have by bringing in players fighting for the first team.

That was their chance to prove themselves and to be honest they didnt, but that's hindsight.

I honesty feel that if we had battered Huddersfield with the team we started with and then Huddersfield got a late equaliser, I don't think some fans would've been so concerned.

Archived