Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Huddersfield (Cup) Post Match 1-1

Annoying result really for me. We played an understrength side in order to rest a few players so a draw was always going to be more likely than a win. And now all we've done is given ourselves an extra game. Even if he does give some players another rest in the replay, that will still be 6 or 7 first team players who have to play an extra game. If we wanted to get through we should have played a full team (which I believe would have seen us win the game) or if we didnt care about the cup, then stick out a first 11 made up of fringe players and kids.

Gives the club the chance to do something for all those who could not get to the Boro game and we will know what the 5th round has in store for us. Also playing the Wolves game on a Thursday :blush: should give us more of a break than Huddersfield

It sounds like a poor performance but surely this is the best time to have one? I'd rather us have a bit of a stinker today than at Cardiff or indeed at any league game at the moment, promotion is just too important. I love the cup and want a cup run, Bradford have shown what's possible, but I'd hate to see us bust a gut for the cup and let the league suffer.

We're still in the bag tomorrow afternoon, have lost no ground in the promotion race and haven't had any injuries.

Full steam ahead for Wolves on Thursday night, who are having a pretty poor time of things.

playing a weakened lineup does NOT guarantee a win in any league game.

A draw was a lesson for NP. Now he can play every game to win and not have to play extra games.

Guest BlueBrett

Just happy to still be in the hat. Hopefully we'll draw a big team and that will give Pearson the incentive to pick a stronger team next time round. At home we will batter them again.

No mention of Waghorn being shit? Konchesky being shit, King being shit, Marshall. being shit, Dyer being shit... Kapser & others being variable at best.

In all the team played shit.

No mention of Waghorn being shit? Konchesky being shit, King being shit, Marshall. being shit, Dyer being shit... Kapser & others being variable at best.

If you put out shit players you will get shit results. The team that was put out today was an insult to the great away supporters. The club obviously think fvck all of the F.A cup and fvck all of the supporters.

The players you mention though are regulars and we know how good they can be.

Wellens and Vardy were the two who obviously got chances to prove themselves more than others, and they didn't take it.

Vardy is a waste of money, I wanted to give him a chance, but he hasn't been good enough for months, Wellens first apperance in a while and he didn't take his chance, has to be sold now.

If you put out shit players you will get shit results. The team that was put out today was an insult to the great away supporters. The club obviously think fvck all of the F.A cup and fvck all of the supporters.

Don't agree in the slightest with either point.

There was enough on the pitch to get a win...

Dyer on the left flank had been our most productive side up until the signing of Wood & the changes made in our play

King has more than enough in his locker

Waggy & Vardy may not have got goals but in their appearances they'd both played well for the team, with Vardy in particular holding the ball & allowing the midfield to join in attacks or linking up with the widemen. There was every right to expect more from the pair of them today... and even not scoring they were woeful with Vardy losing the good things he did and Waggy being an absolute sack of shit seemingly routed in an offside position for 60+mins

In all, there was enough there to play better than we did (regardless of result)

The players you mention though are regulars and we know how good they can be.

Wellens and Vardy were the two who obviously got chances to prove themselves more than others, and they didn't take it.

Vardy is a waste of money, I wanted to give him a chance, but he hasn't been good enough for months, Wellens first apperance in a while and he didn't take his chance, has to be sold now.

Sell Wellens??? Good call, he's on a Sven contract there's only about 6 clubs in the whole country who'd pay those wages, QPR & the big few... and they certainly aren't going to be buying him.

Considering the circumstances, this is actually a great result.

Nevermind the starting line-up, when you look at the attendance fiasco against Middlesborough a few days back, a replay at the King Power will/should somehow balance things out for the club, at least financially.

Besides, by then we'll know the opposition for a possible fifth round match. If it is Premier League material, I'm sure whatever team Pearson will send out onto the pitch will be fired up as hell.

I perfectly understood the team selection.

Pearson may have learned a valuable lesson: As we saw with the first (and, to a lesser extent, second) Burton game, it's increasingly apparent that we lack genuine strength in depth. But he NEEDS to know for sure whether he can depend on some of those we saw coming in today in the event of an injury crisis.

We can't.

If this enables Pearson to finally arrive at the conclusion that we may not have two - and certainly don't have three - consistent wingers; that Vardy isn't an option right now and that we are short of viable options in the centre of midfield, then it could be a very positive outcome. I'd be surprised if we didn't see a little transfer activity in the coming days, in either direction.

Archived