Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Huddersfield (Cup) Post Match 1-1

Can't blame him changing the team but shows how rusty the midfield were today and unable to control the game - only going by radio though. Good to see Wood scoring. Still in it but can see NP playing a stronger side if we get a PL side in the next round!

Expected a narrow win with the team we put out, but a draw isn't the end of the world - certainly beats a defeat!

From BBC:

Chris Wood just can't stop scoring for Leicester at the moment as he converts Ritchie De Laet's cross. Are we heading for a replay in this one?

I thought it was Lloyd who set it up? :blink: Another BBC mare?

I think had Wood and Nugent started the game we'd have cruised to a win.

Nor Vardy or Waghorn a shot at goal at all in the first half which is rather worrying.

Wood saves us for the replay. 7 goals in 5 games for him now. Superb signing without question.

Positives

Wood scoring again

Away support

Negatives

A replay

Vardy was shit

Wellens was shit

At least we are still in it though, but the players who were given a chance sounded woeful, and should leave by Thursday.

I always think you should start with the strongest team and sub them as soon as you can

Saying that, we had enough on the pitch to put a better performance in, and the manager had every right to expect more from two forwards who despite a lack of goals had played well for the team.

Same in the middle, with one player playing for a move & the other playing for a recall to the starting 11.

Still, Huddesfield were always going to put a shift in against us after both the thrashing & this week's sacking, along with a pitch proving a leveller.

Disappointing, but for those that care about the cup at least we're in the hat

This is when not taking the FA Cup that seriously can backfire. Nigel may not have been that disappointed if we went out but I'm sure he didn't want a replay.

Forunately he brought on our best strikeforce just in time.

Playing Waggy and King was understandable, Vardy I'm not so sure, Wellens after all that time out was a bit strange to say the least.

It will be interesting if we get someone like Man U in the draw, I wonder if our starting line up will be a bit more positive in the replay.

Positives

Wood scoring again

Away support

Negatives

A replay

Vardy was shit

Wellens was shit

At least we are still in it though, but the players who were given a chance sounded woeful, and should leave by Thursday.

No mention of Waghorn being shit? Konchesky being shit, King being shit, Marshall. being shit, Dyer being shit... Kapser & others being variable at best.

In all the team played shit.

Archived