Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Huddersfield (Cup) Post Match 1-1

I was most annoyed with the performance of dyer today, nothing short of a disgrace.

This is odd to me. I know Dyer has his deficiencies, but usually he gives some sort of an effort. It seems like he's also always willing to work hard in training to win his spot in the starting lineup back when he gets dropped to the bench. But this isn't the first thing I have read today that indicates Dyer's effort was atrocious today. What gives?

If, if, if.

Would you be pissed off if we trounce them 6-1 again in the replay, boosting our confidence further and going 10 games unbeaten in the league?

I'm just not bothered about the FA Cup as Pearson clearly wasn't by his initial team selection. We've got a wonderful opportunity this year of getting promotion and we've proved today that we need our best players on the pitch. We need to avoid the opportunities of getting injuries/suspensions in matches. It's just a cautious view I know.

On your logic we might win the replay then get trounced in the 5th Round and lose confidence in the League.

If, if, if

NP has 5 days left in the window if he feels that the squad needs strengthening - this was an opportunity to run the rule over a couple of fringe players (of which the likes of King are becoming)- he will have a better idea of his options as the squad is looking abit thin. Hauling off both strikers didnt look good for them particularly

This is odd to me. I know Dyer has his deficiencies, but usually he gives some sort of an effort. It seems like he's also always willing to work hard in training to win his spot in the starting lineup back when he gets dropped to the bench. But this isn't the first thing I have read today that indicates Dyer's effort was atrocious today. What gives?

He seemed reluctant to bomb on, never on his wing and was playing as a central midfielder at times. Didn't give an ounce of help to Konchesky for 70 minutes. He didn't show for the ball at all either.

Perked up after he gave the penalty away but it shouldn't take that to make someone start playing.

In his defence, he was the only one that went to close down their full back that lead to him conceding the pen.

Every player in the first half was poor. Pearson AGAIN picks a poor team in the cup play the big boys then take them off not the other way round! Now we've got another game which we didnt need and we still risk getting our best players injured again. Never change a winning team when possible deal with injurys as they happen. Cheers Nige

The team was only different from the one that was doing well at the start of the season in *2 positions - Waggy for Nuge, Wellens for Drinky, Although Drinky is a vital part now, I'm still puzzled as to how that team can't perform together as a team, especially against such a poor side as Udders. They hardly seemed bothered from the start - 2nd to every ball, unable to pressure Udders as a team, struggled to keep the ball on the floor and pass, no bite in the midfield, and the whole team (and in particular the forwards) appeared to have lost the ability/will to show for the ball.

As for Wellens, I thought he was awful for the most part, but significantly he seemed to perk up when Nuge & Wood came on and gave him something to work with.

* Oops - one extra change - Keane for Ledge; but that strengthened rather than weakened the team.

Well I'm still on train back to Downham after missing a train at Leeds (train from Huddersfield was late) and then train in front being stopped for Leicester fans being kicked off for dropping a beer 😄 who then came on my train and carried great chants off but was on wrong train 😳 (if was u hoped u got home k)

Onto the game, we never looked like we wanted to win it and was happy to turn up and take the result which ever way it went. They went great but we had them look more the better side.

Back four as a defense thought played tight and had to as midfield were no where to be seen, wellens looked way of mark which could be down to lack of match fitness.

Marshall and dyer never looked like they wanted to get involved as such.

Vardy and waghorn can't see it working as a partnership going by today as neither looked a threat and never stood a chance with the high balls coming into them, think futacs would been better option with vardy/waghorn.

But still in it and who knows, just hope it doesn't come back to haunt our promotion push!

Fantastic support may add, great signing and fully enjoyable day out.

Just got back , quality support shame about the result although I think they'll be more pissed off about having a replay. King and Wellens were shocking, every time they get the ball they both look to play it back. I don't think Wellens will play for us again.

Every player in the first half was poor. Pearson AGAIN picks a poor team in the cup play the big boys then take them off not the other way round! Now we've got another game which we didnt need and we still risk getting our best players injured again. Never change a winning team when possible deal with injurys as they happen. Cheers Nige

We're second in the league. Cheers Nige.

To be fair to Pearson that team if played week in week out, we would finish comfortably mid-table and was certainly able to compete today. It's down to the players to do their bit on the pitch, and until the subs came on, not many were.

Replay not ideal but we don't live in an ideal work, just pleased we're still in with a very good chance of getting through.

He seemed reluctant to bomb on, never on his wing and was playing as a central midfielder at times. Didn't give an ounce of help to Konchesky for 70 minutes. He didn't show for the ball at all either.

Perked up after he gave the penalty away but it shouldn't take that to make someone start playing.

In his defence, he was the only one that went to close down their full back that lead to him conceding the pen.

Huddersfeild were playing a diamond midfield after 15-20 mins we went like for like, that why he's wasn't on his wing! Marshall played at the tip of the diamond with King & Dryer in middle with Wellens at the base, when Wood & Nugent came on we when back to a 4-4-2 which saw him stay wider.

Not he's best game!

Don't know why Pearson thought we would walk this one, they would be so fired up for revenge and also from the sacking of Grayson. Yea he maybe should of made 2 changes but not 5, Vardy and waghorn useless. Bit unfair IMO on us fans that travelled

The Hudds fans to the right are a right bunch of tw*ts

Huddersfeild were playing a diamond midfield after 15-20 mins we went like for like, that why he's wasn't on his wing! Marshall played at the tip of the diamond with King & Dryer in middle with Wellens at the base, when Wood & Nugent came on we when back to a 4-4-2 which saw him stay wider.

Not he's best game!

We went to a 4-2-3-1.

The whole performance today smacked of caution. NFP picked an understrength side, then set us up not to get beat, with enough firepower on the bench to snatch a win late on.

We played a lot of the time in a 4-3-1-2 setup, but the '3' were too deep, so as usual we had no out balls and no service to Marshall and the front men. this happens pretty much we set up 'not to lose'......... :(

The most important part of the substitution was the switch back to 4-4-2 and the release of our fullbacks, particularly De Laet. Performance wise that was the difference, the penalty was just a fookup......... :frusty:

Archived