Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Can we do it?

So here we are....

18 league games to go and City are sitting pretty in 2nd...

We have a terrific goal difference and have hit some lovely form.

Have we got what it takes to finish the job or do we require any more signings? If so, whom?

Will the cup interfere with our league aspirations?

Are we gonna keep our best players in the transfer window?

Exciting times indeed...

Will we reach the promised land automatically or via the play-offs?

Opinions please.....

We can definitely finish 2nd, don't know about catching Cardiff they look really good this season, it's not impossible and we can win the league but I don't think it will happen, 2nd will be lovely. With regards to the cup, it's brilliant we are still in it, can definitely beat Huddersfield then look to push on, bit of enjoyment after the stress of the league.

Would love automatic promotion and really think it is a posibility, but at the start of the season would have taken the play offs. I would say play offs are a certainty, with automatic promotion a distinct possibility. Still would like a couple of more players - a striker (Ebanks Blake) so we can rotate our strike force in the knowledge that it won't be weakened and probably a winger (Redmond) or hard tackling midfielder(Trotter)

Best season for a while and best team we have had for a long team.

I think we can finish second, would like us to strengthen the midfield.

Can't see us lost anyone we want to keep unless its a silly amount of money!

I saving hard for the extra cost of more expensive PL season ticket!

Would love automatic promotion and really think it is a posibility, but at the start of the season would have taken the play offs. I would say play offs are a certainty, with automatic promotion a distinct possibility. Still would like a couple of more players - a striker (Ebanks Blake) so we can rotate our strike force in the knowledge that it won't be weakened and probably a winger (Redmond) or hard tackling midfielder(Trotter)

Would agree with both Redmond and Trotter!

First, I'd like to see a new left full back come in, no doubt about that... But looking at our fixtures, I don't fear that many teams. Obviously we won't win every game because football is like that (which we all like), but I think we have the ability to beat Wolves, Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday, for example. All our home games, we have a chance of winning, and away from home I'm only fearing the likes of Cardiff and maybe Brighton.

We are playing well at the minute imo with free-flowing, attacking football. If we can keep our league form up, as well as a decent run in the cup, there is no reason to suggest to me why we can't finish in the top 6. I would have taken play offs before the season, I think I still would, but top two would be excellent.

In the near-25 years I've been supporting City, we've been automatically promoted twice. Both times (2003 and 2009), we were in the top two virtually all season. In 2003, we were clearly the second best team in the division behind Portsmouth all season and in 2009 we were clearly the best team in the division.

This year, I'm not so sure. At the moment I'm thinking play-offs, but I can see why others are more optimistic.

For me, Cardiff are going to take too much catching, a shame really because i honestly think we are a better side than them, even though the league table suggests otherwise.

Watford are a real danger to us getting second in my opinion, and i`m not completely ruling our Middlesbrough either, but we do have a real chance of finishing second, if our best players stay injury free.

I love the FA Cup, being of the older generation, and would never play a weakened team, but it`s true to say, that the longer we stay in it, the further behind we will probably get in terms of games played and points behind, which will crank up the pressure on us, when we do play those games in hand.

Thats not to say i want us out of the cup, far from it, a cup and promotion winning season will do me just fine!

Winning the league and the cup would definitely make our season perfect.

Premier League and Europe next season please Nigel :thumbup:

That would surely be up there with the best seasons in our history, no doubt about it.

Can we finish second? Yes

Am I confident of finishing second? No

If we need to rely on waggy/vardy this season then we have no chance.

Why have we not used the loan window yet this season??

Would like some cover up top, out wide and in the middle.

My ideal 3 would be david davis, adomah and ebanks blake.

Personally taking things game by game, hopefully the lads are too.

Still a long way to go, with a few twists and turns yet. Teams will be taking points from each other too. We've got the right man in charge, with a good back room staff behind him.

There's a good atmosphere at the club which always helps and a good mixture of players.

Things are starting to look up for us.

Have we got what it takes to finish the job or do we require any more signings? If so, whom?

Our squad atm is very good, but we lack depth and with cup and the Cardiff game coming up, the lack of quality back up may cause us problems. Couple of loan signings needed I think.

Will the cup interfere with our league aspirations?

Shouldn't do, the players are good enough to tackle both.

Are we gonna keep our best players in the transfer window?

Can't see anyone leaving, only fringe players like Wellens, Gallagher, Vardy and Futacs.

Will we reach the promised land automatically or via the play-offs?

The promise land, come on automatic promotion with Watford.

For some reason the size of font decided to change haha.

Can we finish second? Yes

Am I confident of finishing second? No

If we need to rely on waggy/vardy this season then we have no chance.

Why have we not used the loan window yet this season??

Would like some cover up top, out wide and in the middle.

My ideal 3 would be david davis, adomah and ebanks blake.

Keane and Lingard just turned up out of thin air then did they? We also had Wood on emergency loan for his first match, which paid dividends.

Archived