Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Our disciplinary record in 2012/2013

Yesterday, again I couldn't believe my eyes.

We didn't receive one single card against Wolves on Thursday evening.

And it's not the first time in this campaign that we were subject to little to no bookings by the referee.

Credit to Pearson and the players for playing it fair. If I'm not mistaken, we've received only one red card so far this season (against Whitbread).

I'm not sure but I wonder whether we have the best disciplinary record in the entire league.

Not trying to make too big a deal out of it, but I'd bet that our discipline is playing a big part in our current success this season, alongside the steady back four, a brilliant keeper, a more than decent midfield and a lethal attack force.

You're right, and I'm sure it's had a big impact on our league position.

We dropped no end of points last year because of red cards (Mills in particular)

I'd laugh if we got to the end of the season and still had less red cards than Matt Mills alone got last season.

It helps when you don't go flying in two footed for no reason.

Rank Team Yellow Red Points 1 Hull City 32 0 32 2 Leicester City 31 1 33 3 Ipswich Town 35 0 35 4 Middlesbrough 36 0 36 5 Derby County 35 1 37 6 Bristol City 38 0 38 Blackpool 38 0 38 8 Blackburn Rovers 39 0 39 9 Wolverhampton Wanderers 34 3 40 Barnsley 38 1 40 11 Crystal Palace 40 2 44 Brighton & Hove Albion 42 1 44 Charlton Athletic 42 1 44 14 Peterborough United 43 1 45 15 Birmingham City 42 3 48 16 Leeds United 45 2 49 17 Cardiff City 48 2 52 18 Sheffield Wednesday 51 1 53 19 Bolton Wanderers 52 1 54 20 Nottingham Forest 47 4 55 Millwall 51 2 55 22 Burnley 52 2 56 23 Huddersfield Town 53 4 61 24 Watford 54 4 62

Yesterday, again I couldn't believe my eyes.

We didn't receive one single card against Wolves on Thursday evening.

And it's not the first time in this campaign that we were subject to little to no bookings by the referee.

Credit to Pearson and the players for playing it fair. If I'm not mistaken, we've received only red card so far this season (against Whitbread).

I'm not sure but I wonder whether we have the best disciplinary record in the entire league.

Not trying to make too big a deal out of it, but I'd bet that our discipline is playing a big part in our current success this season, alongside the steady back four, a brilliant keeper, a more than decent midfield and a lethal attack force.

Great to have a manager who has some control over his players and those players giving him the discipline he deserves.

You can imagine the free for all of last season. It showed on the pitch.

Just looking at the stats whilst admiring our discipline on FL website, I noticed Bolton have conceded EIGHT penalties and have committed the most fouls in the league (345).

How many penalties conceded because of Matt Mills lol ?

Courtesy of FoxBlogger:

This was the twelfth league match of the season in which no Leicester player was cautioned by the referee. The turnaround in discipline shouldn’t surprise us, after all it’s exactly what we saw in Nigel Pearson’s first spell in charge. Of the seven players who picked up a club record 9 red cards last season only Kasper Schmeichel and Paul Konchesky remain at the club. Coincidence? No.

Archived