Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Just because it made me want to punch my own face with joy.....

I was there. I was 9. Slow motion goal and I remember it like it was yesterday. Still got a scarf that my old man bought me on the day. Think I'll have it buried with me or cremated whatever happens in the afterlife. Despite being 9 its truly a highlight of my life and shall live on forever.

Got tears just thinking about it and I haven't even watched the video!

I'll never forget seeing that ball drop to Claridge and I just yelled SMACK IT at the top of my voice. Never gone so mental in my life (well, maybe that Walsh 96th min v Arsenal goal).

Strikes me how poor and scrappy the football is in the run up to the final. The sport really has changed in the past 16 years.

Onwards and upwards - good to see the same kind of belief from the fans and players once again.

Can remember my dad telling me to stop grinning when we came out the ground after the stoke game. It was mayhem.

When Kalac came on the bloke next to me went into a panic, I told him not to worry as we wouldn't need him, when Claridge scored it went mental. Am i right in remembering that we stood all game? I was near the tunnel.

Went to all the play offs and League cup finals and it was a great time for City fans with O Neill in charge, and feel Pearson is moulding a team just like Martin did. Also remember skiving school in the early 70s to watch the semi final replay at Villa Park V Liverpool after the 0.0 at Old Trafford.... ;0)

Pretty much my first proper memory of LCFC - My Dad, little brother and myself all watching this on the TV in the front room whilst my mum was avoiding us like the plague...

By the time Claridge scored, my Dad and I were standing up behind the living room chair that my little brother (who was 6 at the time) was still sitting in. When Claridge put in the net, my Dad went berserk and LIFTED the chair (it was reasonably light) into the air with my brother still in it!!! He was too young to really understand, so started he crying.

Hearing the noise, my mum rushes in to find my brother in tears held mid-air in a chair by my ecstatic Dad, and me running round the room screaming with joy!

Good memories! If we go to Forest and secure promotion this season it will be IMMENSE!

• 11 months later...

I remember all of this, i was growing up a Leicester fan and was in my first season of going regularly when the run took place. I remember sitting in the upper tier of the double decker with my dad when Claridge went on that run from the half way line v Oldham, players trying to chop him down and they couldnt, then that game against Watford that we nicked on the old Central TV game to get into the playoffs.

I was there at Stoke, Parker hammered in the Volley at the old Victoria which was a dump, incredible.

I wished id have been at Wembley for the playoff final. I remember the game, but looking back it would have been one hell of a game to have been in those celebrations at the end as Clardidge's volley drifted past Martyn almost in slow motion.

Great video

Thanks for that, what fantastic memories! I was

18...wish I still was!

The atmosphere at the play off finals was amazing, so incredibly loud, 40,000 leicester fans clapping in unison sounded like thunder! Occasions I will never forget!

I was at the Watford, Stoke and Palace games, great days. I can see myself behind the goal at the stoke game as well ha.

If anyone hasn't got it get your hands on the O'Neill years DVD. Every big game from that period, amazing watch.

Great :) anyone remember if kalac actually touched the ball in this game?

I was standing right at the back and dreading the thought of penalties.........And then Kalac came on. My first thought was `WTF` ! followed with something like,"we`ve just lost the game"; seconds later Claridge `VOLLEYED` it in, leading to an everlasting memory. Cheers for vid mate, quality picture too

When Kalac came on the bloke next to went into melt down, I told him not to worry as we wouldn't be needing him. 30 seconds later amongst the bedlam he had got old of me screaming in my face 'you were right, you were right.'

Also did anyone notice the 40000 leicester fans all standing. I can't remember the Wembley stewards getting their knickers in a twist, in fact during that era of our annual Wembley pilgrimage I heard stewards saying we are the best fans they'd seen there. The noise we created was deafening along with the thunder of the balloons being burst before kick off's. Hopefully we're teetering on the brink of another fine era, it's certainly starting to feel like it.

Archived