Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Vardy Or Waghorn

Vardy Or Waghorn  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is a better player?

• Waghorn
    • Vardy

Me and a friend were having a debate on who is the better player and would be more useful coming off the bench or starting in the absence of Wood or Nuge. I think the fans will be split down the middle on this one. IMO Waghorn is a far better player, but it seems to me that Pearson prefers Vardy.

Waghorn for me. Like Vardy he doesnt stop running around, but seems to have a better finish on him. Think it would do Vardy a lot of good to go to a league 1 side for the rest of the season!

Couldnt agree more, but Nige loves his attitude and I cant see him going anywhere.

I really want Vardy to do well here, but unfortunately nothing seems to happening right for him. I think as it stands, Waghorn for me, but as some have said, maybe a loan out for the rest of the season to find his goal scoring form in League 1. Might do his confidence the world of good.

Vardy by a long way (but also a long way behind Nuge&Wood)

Plays the midfield & wide men in better than Waggy. Links up well with strike partner too.

Can't believe it's a debate really, can't see what Waghorn does other than huff & puff

Think if Schlupp stays he should be loaned out & Waggy sold on.

Vardy coming off the bench up front not on the wing with defensive duties!!! & bringing him through by increasing his play time where it's appropriate in games

Vardy needs a goal, for sure. I agree that he ought to take a loan spell somewhere in League 1 for some match time, because I've seen glimpses of what he's capable of, and the goals he has scored have been good.

Waghorn, on the other hand, is what Vardy would be after a lift. For someone written off by 90% of us at the start of the season, he's proven a lot of people wrong, and improved his game. Certainly, before Wood came in I reckon he was our best forward when it came to holding the ball up. He can be hit and miss, but he's clearly not "short on confidence" anymore - his MOTM perfomance was perhaps the best proof. Certainly my first choice sub striker at the moment, although nobody's gonna shake Wood and Nuge at the minute! :thumbup:

EDIT - Oh, and Waghorn is a good back-up for taking set-pieces, too - especially corners.

Archived