Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Huddersfield FA Cup Replay - Blah Blah Blah

As they're from the same level, it's a game we could use to try some different combos. As we've got a good chance of getting to the quarters though, we may well see the strongest side we can put out. If we lost with squad players and a bit of experimentation, I wouldn't be too bothered. If we lost with the strongest side we can put out though, I think i'd be pretty annoyed and depressed. I'd prefer us to win of course, and winning with squad players would be a big bonus

For the Huddersfield tie

Kasper

Moore

Morgan

Keane

Konchesky

Gallagher

James

King

Dyer

Waghorn

Futacs

Subs: De Laet, Nugent, Wellens,Logan,Vardy, Drinkwater and St Ledger.

Should we progress team against Wigan

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Keane

Konchesky

Knockaert

Drinkwater

James

Dyer

Waghorn

Nugent

Subs: Futacs, Vardy, King, Moore, Logan, Gallagher and Wellens

I'm glad that this game is going ahead tomorrow and we're to playing Cardiff because a) I don't think we'd be able to beat Cardiff without Wood and b) with it being played in April I can go! :D

Onto the game, I don't really care about this game, I only remembered we were playing tomorrow this morning, however I would of course love to see us win. With Sledge re-emerging into the development squad, I think that he could come into contention. This is the team I would go with:

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

St.Ledger/Keane

Konchesky

Knockaert

James

King

Dyer

Futacs

Nuge

Futacs desperately needs to start. From what I've seen of him, he's looked promising. And Peterborough highlighted how bad Vardy and Waghorn aren't suited to this league. Futacs deserves at least 70 minutes surely?

James and King in the middle, would be good to see them together and give DD a rest.

Would like to see Moore involved, and if SSL or Whitbread are back would be good to see one of them either start or on the bench.

Up front is the big one though, personally I would go with Futacs and Waghorn, playing to see who partners Nuge on Saturday, it is really not worth risking Wood tomorrow or on Saturday as we need him for the league.

Just said same in King thread Cap'n,Think young Keane would benefit from a rest too so hope Ledge or Whitbread are available. Would like to see combination of Nuge n Futacs up front with rotational options from bench if required!

Hate the modern attitud to the FA cup. We have a very good chance of advancing and people can't be bothered. I expect those who see it a a nothing game won't want a ticket to the Wigan game if we progress or the next round against a big perm team away should get to the sixth round. Clearly they would come out of their holes and jump on the glory support band wagon.

I'm going I love the FA cup and want my team to win.

With you there Gary

I'm not a big Gallagher fan, but I just wonder if it might be worth playing him up front with Nugemeister this evening. Play him with the instruction to run at the defence and shoot on sight. The boy does score the odd cracking goal. I know it's a long shot, but the Vardy/Waggy option isn't working at the moment.

I think we will get through tonight. I cant see it being pretty, a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 im thinking.

What im more worried about is if we do win and then get tonked by Wigan. Hopefully it wont dent confidence or cause fans to be so angry that their heads actually explode with rage

Get Wellens in that midfield alongside King. Gally and Dyer on the flanks with Big Futacs and Waggy down the middle.

Why wheel out rubbish for the sake of it? I'd rather see Panayioutou or Dodoo given a chance, they score week in week out for the U21's. I doubt Waghorn or Vardy would manage that in their form - players in good form deserve rewards, and tonights match is ideal.

Why wheel out rubbish for the sake of it? I'd rather see Panayioutou or Dodoo given a chance, they score week in week out for the U21's. I doubt Waghorn or Vardy would manage that in their form - players in good form deserve rewards, and tonights match is ideal.

Waghorn's bagged loads when he's played for the development squad this season.

Waghorn's bagged loads when he's played for the development squad this season.

Now now, you know that things like facts just get in the way of making a knee jerk reaction.

I think we will get through tonight. I cant see it being pretty, a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 im thinking.

What im more worried about is if we do win and then get tonked by Wigan. Hopefully it wont dent confidence or cause fans to be so angry that their heads actually explode with rage

If we can't put up a decent show against Wigan at the KP then there really is no point trying to get promoted.

Archived