Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Falcon

A bit of realism is needed. I’d of took 5th at this stage of the season back in the summer. I bet you would have too.

If any Leicester fan would have been offered 5th position in the Championship at this stage of the season back in the summer, I think they’d be lying if they tell you that they wouldn’t have took it.

A season is a long haul and teams get blips of form. The successful ones ride them well and pick things up where their performance never warranted it. At times we have done this. At the moment we are not.

We’re going through a blip and admittedly it isn’t our first of the season. It’s getting to the point now where this blip has to pass and Saturday’s trip to Blackpool has become very significant to our season.

We have good players, no doubt about that and we’ve shown our quality for the majority of the season. The problem is, and I think it’s becoming more evident as the season goes on, is our lack of depth. We have the numbers yes but do we have the quality? We’ll, no.

I fully believe in our manager but in order to kick on we are relying heavily on key personal and its beginning to wear. Drinkwater, Wood, Nugent and Knockaert are so key to us, as well as big Wes at the back.

Keeping them fit is one thing but keeping them in form, top form at that, for long periods is asking an awful lot of them.

To be 5th in this division, with the squad we have, is admirable, it’s more than that to be fair, it’s bloody good. The disappointment being felt on the terraces though is because of the early overachievement.

To fall from the top has been tough on fans but I feel it’s just because of the false expectation an overachieving side built early on this season.

Stick with them. It is a good side and we have a good boss. Even relying on these individuals can and I think will seal us a place in the top 6 come May.

Whether it be in the top 2 though is asking a lot………an awful lot.

Although I agree with you 100% what annoys me is that we have seen time and time again this season we are one of the best teams in the league. We should be beating teams like Peterboro' Huddersfield (cup) and Charlton. I know all good teams lose but its the manor of our defeats. It's the sloppy passing, poor touches and seeming lack of effort, the later being what p*sses off the average fan.

So yes I'd have taken 5th but as the season has gone on I honestly believed we could make top 2...and I still do believe.

If any Leicester fan would have been offered 5th position in the Championship at this stage of the season back in the summer, I think they’d be lying if they tell you that they wouldn’t have took it.

Stopped reading after this.

Most overused/annoying phrase that's used on this forum, and it's a rubbish excused used by those to try convince themselves/everyone else that everything is alright as we fall down the league table. It wouldn't suprise me that if we fell out of the playoffs to find people still saying "well, if I had been offered 8th at the start of the season, I would have taken it" or even "If I'd been offered 18th at the start of the season"....

If someone had said that we would be midtable and made a last minute push for the playoffs and finished 5th, I might have accepted that, simply as it makes the best out of a season that otherwise would have come to nothing.

If someone had said that we'd be in first/second more then one occasion throughout the league, but we'd then let our lead slip with shocking results and performances against mediocre teams, have a shite run in both cups and finish 5th, then I probably wouldn't snap their hand off at all. After all, our chances of winning the playoffs are probably 1/4 at best (and I'd personally rate them much lower).

To me, this phrase really shows our small-time attitude as fans. After all, our manager has been backed by the owners whenever neccessary - why would we be content with finishing 5th, unless you assume the manager isn't good enough? I like Pearson, and I do think he has the potential to build a winning side, especially with financial backing, so I'm always going to be discontent with a finish outside the top 2.

OP you're right I'd of tooken 5th back then but our position at present is a backwards step to what was a promising opportunity.

We should have separated ourselves from the chasing pack instead we have been lumbered back in, not by Hull, Watford or Palace but by defeats to the mighty Peterborough and Charlton.

A season is a long haul and teams get blips of form. The successful ones ride them well and pick things up where their performance never warranted it. At times we have done this. At the moment we are not.

We’re going through a blip and admittedly it isn’t our first of the season. It’s getting to the point now where this blip has to pass and Saturday’s trip to Blackpool has become very significant to our season.

We have good players, no doubt about that and we’ve shown our quality for the majority of the season. The problem is, and I think it’s becoming more evident as the season goes on, is our lack of depth. We have the numbers yes but do we have the quality? We’ll, no.

I fully believe in our manager but in order to kick on we are relying heavily on key personal and its beginning to wear. Drinkwater, Wood, Nugent and Knockaert are so key to us, as well as big Wes at the back.

Keeping them fit is one thing but keeping them in form, top form at that, for long periods is asking an awful lot of them.

To be 5th in this division, with the squad we have, is admirable, it’s more than that to be fair, it’s bloody good. The disappointment being felt on the terraces though is because of the early overachievement.

To fall from the top has been tough on fans but I feel it’s just because of the false expectation an overachieving side built early on this season.

Stick with them. It is a good side and we have a good boss. Even relying on these individuals can and I think will seal us a place in the top 6 come May.

Whether it be in the top 2 though is asking a lot………an awful lot.

I definitely would have taken it and still would if that's where we finish but let's not give up on second yet. It can all change again very quickly

Given the choice of ending the season now in 5th place or continuing, I would continue.

We have had poor results recently, no doubt, but I also think we have the ability to go on another good run. We have games in hand and the teams currently above us will have their blips too.

Before the season started I thought we would finish first. I think first is a very big ask now but, current frustration aside, I think we can still make second.

Call Me a Liar then.

But having watched what NP was trying to do last Jan and how the squad was being assembled I thought we would be top 2 before this season started, Infact I didn't allow for cardiff being this good.

however ask me right now and i'd take any play-off place, I think that shows how out of form I consider us to be, the defeats may be bad enough, but the performances against wolves and boro, need to be taken into account and we still have Blackpool, blackburn, palace, cardiff and fword before the end of the season, I'm not trying to be a doom merchant but, unless we turn this around and take 9 points from the next 3 games, I think we will be looking down not up.

So far, I think we deserve to finish 3rd.

Cardiff and Hull are both more consistent, so should finish in the top two. I actually think we will finish 4th though, as it looks like Watford are going to make the best push to gatecrash the top two.

I think the top six at the end of the season will be...

Cardiff

Hull

Watford

Leicester

Crystal Palace

Blackburn

I suspect Blackburn will win the playoffs if they make them. :(

I've been saying this for weeks. I would of taken 5th place at the start of the season, yes. It's just that when we get so close to automatic, it's just frustrating to see us drop a few places again.

But, we're only going through a rough patch. We will get out of it, like every team does. During our 09/10 season, we did this and didn't win for five games before turning it around.

Many may have taken fifth but expectations evolve over the course of a season. Given our position coming into Feb, it would be a disappointment to not get an auto spot. Cardiff fans may have taken a play off spot at the start of the season, doesn't mean they'd be happy with 3rd now does it?

Does anyone seriously fancy us in the play offs though? Big games for a young squad. If implied pressure from being in 2nd can give us the shakes against the likes of Peterborough, how will we cope with real high pressure games against strong teams? I wouldn't fancy us at all against anyone in the pack at the moment.

Does anyone seriously fancy us in the play offs though? Big games for a young squad. If implied pressure from being in 2nd can give us the shakes against the likes of Peterborough, how will we cope with real high pressure games against strong teams? I wouldn't fancy us at all against anyone in the pack at the moment.

Depends where we finish 3rd or 4th it would give us a fighting chance of getting to the final then who knows after that.

True, I would of

we still have 2 games in hand on most of the sides around us

we are bound to win one of them and gain a couple of places because of :unsure:

what makes me laff is Forest fans think after winning 6-1 last night all their troubles are over and they will be in the play offs :pearson:

If any Leicester fan would have been offered 5th position in the Champi

onship at this stage of the season back in the summer, I think they’d be lying if they tell you that they wouldn’t have took it.

So you're calling me a liar then? I wouldn't have taken it because you look at the squad we had at the start of the year and there weren't many better. Coupled with the fact that they're young and improving all the time plus Pearson's ability to bring a team together, I wouldn't have looked at anything less than top 6 and would have been disappointed to not be in the top 2 or get promoted.

People's pessimism doesn't surprise me one bit but the lack of ambition from some fans is shocking. I'll be delighted if we finish 5th and get promoted but if we don't go up then I will be distraught and view it as a big underachievement.

EDIT: Oh, but I should also add that I still think we can make the top 2 unlike most on here.

Archived