Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Reasons for our shocking away form?

Not taking advantage of key opportunities in games. I.E the Chris Wood penalty last week at Blackpool, the Harry Kane chance from 8 yards this week. It's a very tight division and you need to take most of your opportunities when they fall your way. We currently are not.

Our away form is not that bad! We are currently 8th in having the best away record in this division. We picked up some good away wins this season. Yes, to be in contention of play-offs- a good away record is a must ( Cardiff, Hull,Watford,Brighton form the top four in away record) but it is nowhere appalling as some people like to make out.

We've needed an extra midfielder all season to allow us to play a stronger midfield away from home, it hasn't happened so we'll continue to under-perform. The fact that Gallagher and Wellens have been brought back into the squad shows we have gone backwards in that department, possibly the most important area away from home.

My call for a defensive minded midfielder, strong and with physical presence, is a bit paradoxical. As CC star rightly said in the post-match thread, our problem hasn't been conceding goals away, it's been scoring them. That's fair enough.

Why I think a midfielder with the SOLE purpose of defending and sitting just off our back four is needed is because this would give our more attack minded players the opportunity to get forward as much as possible. In this way, goals would come.

Marshall and Knocky are NOT defensive minded players yet, away from home they are expected to defend in a 4-4-2. In this way they became wasted as an attacking threat, especially Knocky who's obvious talent is being completely hamstrung by Pearson's tactics.

Let me make it clear, I have firmly believed all season that we would score MORE goals if we had a player sat in that area in front of the back four, whose role it is simply to hold, to get his foot in and to break up attacks. We can then build up play again and get the 'flair' players forward quicker.

How they are at present is playing in a system which makes them ineffectual, away from home.

Pearson never changes the formation simple as that the bloke is an idiot.

Yeah, you're right. Lets sack him and get Sven back to spaff £30mil on has beens and don't wants.

What an idiot Pearson. Trying to balance books and bring in young hungry players. Pearson out.

We're shit, Pearson is shit, Wellens was in the squad, King goes missing, Yakubu only scores goals, we won't get promoted because we have to play an away match which we will lose.

I've posted plenty of times to criticise people like The People's Hero for their irrational slating of the side. Unfortunately when someone of the opposite viewpoint is equally irrational it doesn't help the argument.

You appear to have a major problem with any suggestion that there is something wrong. There is something wrong; not a Sven-scale or a Sousa-scale something, but something nonetheless. It's being discussed out of love for the club. I'm struggling to see how any genuine fan could be so appalled by that.

I've posted plenty of times to criticise people like The People's Hero for their irrational slating of the side. Unfortunately when someone of the opposite viewpoint is equally irrational it doesn't help the argument.

You appear to have a major problem with any suggestion that there is something wrong. There is something wrong; not a Sven-scale or a Sousa-scale something, but something nonetheless. It's being discussed out of love for the club. I'm struggling to see how any genuine fan could be so appalled by that.

Great post...

Pearson's lack of flexibility and constantly playing 4-4-2 when other teams pack their midfield; although think Ipswich played 4-4-2 today though - this is more of a criticism of other away games we've played this year (?). I know I'll get slated but how about Wellens as a holding midfielder in a 4-5-1 formation away - with Kane or Wood as holding up front to bring in either Knockaert or whichever wasn't up top?????

Appalled by what sorry? There is something wrong, we aren't strong enough or ruthless enough away from home.

Great post...

What is your problem? Why can't you accept that sometimes a bit of positivity wouldn't do any harm on here?

We were poor today, but to say that Pearson is an idiot when he's led us to our highest position in 9 years is a fairly silly comment. People have short memories for sure.

What gets me, is this paradoxical reaction when we lose and win. You say I always say the same thing, well that's because I believe in the team and Pearson. I disagree with knee jerk reactions as though we are imminently doomed by relagation into the abyss.

Archived