Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swiss_tony

disloyal, how dare you?

looking in the other threads about how one fan calls another fan disloyal for not going during a bad spell, and good riddance, etc got me thinking.

I went to my first game as a wee nipper (sans tache), in december 1970.

I'm not claiming to to speak for anyone but myself, but i have given up, not becaase of a bad run, it's the straw that broke the camels back.

i've given up with the souless experience that is modern day footie.

i'm not disployal to leicester city, i love them, and always will.

but i don't love pearson (not suggesting he should be sacked), i don't love the Thais, i don't love the players, and most of all i don't love the ground, i don't love 24 hour football on tv, i don't love the champions league, i don't love the fa cup anymore, nor the league cup, as prem teams put out reserve sides, i don't love matches being swtiched to friday nights, i don't love tattooed tw@ts driving bentley's around when they can't spell their own name, i don't love the cheating, the diving, the leaving the trailing leg for the slightest contact, i don't love bosman, i don't love the gap in finances between the prem and the football league, i don't love uefa (although the ffp is good idea somebody will work out how to scam it), i don't love sepp blatter and his dismantling of the traditional game, i don't love watford and their seemingly endless supply of international loanees that get round the loan rules, i don't love leveraged buyouts, i don't love owners forming shell companies and loaning a club money instead of putting their hand in their own pocket directly, i don't love platinum fixtures, i don't love all seater stadiums, i don't love the rush to the prem (have you seen recent games??) at all costs including admin.

yes i am jaded, but with good reason, football has been reduced to the level of WWF IMO, just another form of fake entetainment.

if you like it that's great but don't call me disloyal, because i would give my right arm to have proper football back, to have the peoples game back with the people, not a bunch of rich retards playing for rich owners, and fleecing the average working man or woman, and having the nerve to call them names if their perfect little world is upset by too much complaining.

If you're referring to me I've got no problem with fans falling out of love with the game and not going, or thinking it's too expensive.

But people saying they're loyal and then saying Pearson has driven them away after 30 years is bullshit. I'd wager those people actually have just fallen out with the game but have decided they don't like Pearson and so they blame it on him. EIther that or they're actually the type of fans who have always stopped going when we've had a bad run.

By the way it's really hard work reading such a huge body of text.

and not a single paragraph was seen that day

Jesus Unabomber , a bloke pours his feelings out and all you can do is criticise the structure of his writing!!!

I can relate to a lot of what he says about how football has changed, I must admit though that I do still love football, despite the negative changes there have been.

Jesus Unabomber , a bloke pours his feelings out and all you can do is criticise the structure of his writing!!!

I can relate to a lot of what he says about how football has changed, I must admit though that I do still love football, despite the negative changes there have been.

Nothing personal. I'm sure what he wrote was good, I just didn't read it.

I understand your frustration somehow. It's how you're brought up to watch games, I suppose. I believe in thirty years time the world of football would be unimaginable in many ways and we can't do anything about that. Evolution, I guess.

We'll all be frustrated and wouldn't enjoy the game in the future. Things have to change I guess, for the better? That's debatable.

Loving that, Swiss ! Football is basically like a loving a beautiful woman. ;) You ignore all the faults for sooooooo long. And then one day, you wake up and before she gets her slap on, you just see a slightly miserable, fat bird. And you're at that point now. Time to walk away my friend. Time to walk away. :unsure:

Football used to feel like making love to a beautiful woman, it now feels like doinkin Susan Boyle....

Loving that, Swiss ! Football is basically like a loving a beautiful woman. ;) You ignore all the faults for sooooooo long. And then one day, you wake up and before she gets her slap on, you just see a slightly miserable, fat bird. And you're at that point now. Time to walk away my friend. Time to walk away. :unsure:

Bugger....

People like to say things like this as if there is some evil presence forcing change upon the game, and that no-one wants it to happen but the evil force is relentless. In fact it's all driven by the fans. If fans weren't prepared to pay 25 quid for a match ticket then prices would go down, but fans are prepared to pay, so prices stay high. Likewise if fans didn't want to watch games on sky then they wouldn't pay 50 quid a month or whatever it is for a subscription. But they do.

You're getting old pal and getting left behind by the modern world. You probably don't like today's computerised music, the endlessly repetitive adverts on television or the fact that the Mercury deadline for today's paper is more or less yesterday! lol And i must say I've got stacks of sympathy for you. i'm getting old too of course and I'm fast getting left behind as well. The secret i suppose is to have got a good drinking partner on match days! None of it matters nearly so much after a few pints. lol

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of the op, I do love a last minute equaliser, and none of those things that Swiss Tony and I hate about modern football can take away that feeling last week of jumping around like a tit to a scruffy goal from a corner.

looking in the other threads about how one fan calls another fan disloyal for not going during a bad spell, and good riddance, etc got me thinking.

I went to my first game as a wee nipper (sans tache), in december 1970.

I'm not claiming to to speak for anyone but myself, but i have given up, not becaase of a bad run, it's the straw that broke the camels back.

i've given up with the souless experience that is modern day footie.

i'm not disployal to leicester city, i love them, and always will.

but i don't love pearson (not suggesting he should be sacked), i don't love the Thais, i don't love the players, and most of all i don't love the ground, i don't love 24 hour football on tv, i don't love the champions league, i don't love the fa cup anymore, nor the league cup, as prem teams put out reserve sides, i don't love matches being swtiched to friday nights, i don't love tattooed tw@ts driving bentley's around when they can't spell their own name, i don't love the cheating, the diving, the leaving the trailing leg for the slightest contact, i don't love bosman, i don't love the gap in finances between the prem and the football league, i don't love uefa (although the ffp is good idea somebody will work out how to scam it), i don't love sepp blatter and his dismantling of the traditional game, i don't love watford and their seemingly endless supply of international loanees that get round the loan rules, i don't love leveraged buyouts, i don't love owners forming shell companies and loaning a club money instead of putting their hand in their own pocket directly, i don't love platinum fixtures, i don't love all seater stadiums, i don't love the rush to the prem (have you seen recent games??) at all costs including admin.

yes i am jaded, but with good reason, football has been reduced to the level of WWF IMO, just another form of fake entetainment.

if you like it that's great but don't call me disloyal, because i would give my right arm to have proper football back, to have the peoples game back with the people, not a bunch of rich retards playing for rich owners, and fleecing the average working man or woman, and having the nerve to call them names if their perfect little world is upset by too much complaining.

Bit harsh to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) aren't you mate?

Time marches on, we and the world around us change.

If Football no longer floats your boat, fair enough, find your new thing and enjoy it.

The game, the way its played and supported and managed and funded etc etc has changed it will continue to change and so be it.

But i feel sorry for the youngsters coming through today being told that its crap and was better in my day... bollocks! my dad said it was better when he was a kid and you can bet his dad said the same.

Football is great and my team is Leicester fvcking City!!!

True fans of the Club will support through thick and thin although I did "select" my games when we dipped into Div 3.

The fact is we all expect them to win every game, or draw at least and not even the teams at the very top do that. Yes, I get disappointed at times mainly at the performance that is served up and the way players play. We all know our day will come but it is when, that is the question.

Archived