Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Keane Gets Under-21 Call

Foxes defender Michael Keane has been called into England’s Under-21 squad for the upcoming game with Austria at Brighton’s American Express Community Stadium on Monday 25 March.

The 20-year-old, who is on-loan at City from parent club Manchester United, is set to link up with Stuart Pearce’s Young Lions for the first time as they look to extend their winning run to nine games after securing a 3-0 win over Romania on Thursday.

Keane has featured 17 times for Nigel Pearson’s men this term, and has caught the eye with some impressive performances that have included three goals – the most recent coming from a powerful header against Cardiff City.

Having also represented England at Under-19 level, Keane will link up with the likes of Jordan Henderson, Raheem Sterling, Jonjo Shelvey and Wilfried Zaha in a side that has not lost or conceded a goal in 16 months.

Brilliant. Definitely deserved. Bumps up his price if we want to prise him off Utd, though. Although I've heard that they have absolutely no intention of selling at all. Anyway, hope he does well cos he's worked hard and impressed enough so hope he seizes his chance.

Good on the lad, fully deserved.

Excellent news and fully deserved. Am I right in thinking he has a brother in Man UTD Reserves/U21s too? Will Keane?

As far as I know pal they are brothers. I think Will got a bad injury and is out for the season, though.

According to Wiki he's represented Ireland at U17 level but was born in England

I wasn't being stereotypical :P

And I was just stupidly bored :P.

Excellent news and fully deserved. Am I right in thinking he has a brother in Man UTD Reserves/U21s too? Will Keane?

They're twins.

Agree, well deserved based on his performances. It seems as if it's taken a few goals to actually get him noticed because he was arguably performing better before his run of goals. Still a great prospect though and a very decent centre-back already at this level.

Well done, but he isn't going to be our player for long that is for sure.

Another season would be nice. Would make sense for united too. Although I'm sure Fergie doesn't loan his players to the same club twice. Could be wrong about that

Archived