Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

Play off chances

I think we need a boost of some kind, a bit of luck or a moment of quality in one of the next 2 games. If we get this and can muster a performance, and gain a point or 3, we may just get a bit of confidence and we could just time a charge perfectly to land in the play-offs in form and mount a strong challenge for the PL.

Without some kind of boost, be it luck or something going our way, the current run could well continue to the end of the season.

The current squad (much of which are young / sensitive / excitable / anxious) seem very prone to confidence lapses when things don't go our way and equally very able to excel when things are going our way.

A single dodgy refereeing decision in our favour could make all the difference

But in terms of answering the question posed, I'm on the fence as who knows which way lady luck will shine?

I think we all realise that if we don't win tomorrow it is looking highly unlikely. A win however could change our fortunes and makes our home games key. Win them and pick up something in our away games and we should sneak in there. Usually I'm not one to get involved in 'MUST WIN' games but I fear the fate of our season does rest on tomorrows result and I hope the players realise that all their hard work earlier this season will mean nothing unless we come away from Brighton with some sort of result.

Got a feeling we will win tomorrow. Based on gut alone after witnessing the god awful display on Monday. If we do win tomorrow we will have a big chance to put forest and Brighton under pressure next Friday. Lose tomorrow and I think it's all over.

I would love us to make the play offs with the squad we have we certainly should do. Unfortunately we have lost form at a time in the season where you just cannot afford too. Something has gone seriously wrong in the camp. We have not won for 12 games now unfortunately I can't see us winning either tomorrow. I do not think we will make the play offs now this season. We need to regroup play out the last six games, rebuild, and try again next season. Failing to strengthen the midfield and not getting rid of the deadwood in the camp has cost us this season. I pray and hope I am proved wrong but we have already lost far too many games this season and quite frankly we are not good enougth.

If we lose tomorrow then for me its the final nail in the coffin. We cant really even afford to draw either. Because of how cack we've been over the last 2 months draws just dont cut it anymore. I think tomorrow we will really go for it, go a goal down early on and the fragility will come back in spades and we'll get tonked

We're gonna do it. We're still in the mix, had the worst of our bad run and now going to go unbeaten until the end of the season with a big push for promotion.

See you at Wembley my friends...

No way are we going to make it. Our poor run of form will continue and we just won't have the depth in the squad or manager to recover. We should start building for next season and accept it won't happen this season!

That is how I feel!

That is some rapid cycling you're doing chap. No-one normal swings like that that quickly.

We can definitely still make the play-offs. I think it's vital we get it together at home. The Bolton and Birmingham games are must win and we must not lose tomorrow a draw wouldn't be the end of the world. Our goal difference is healthy so if we are level on points with anyone we should have an advantage.

The team has got to find its feet going forward and not keep lumping the ball hopelessly forward.

Was at the Barnsley match and yes we were hopeless, but we've got our captain back and hopefully some more boll*cks from the rest of them under pressure.

Schlupp and Nugent upfront for me tomorrow is the way forward.

We haven't been playing well as of late, and of course most of those poor performances culminated with defeats. But think back to the Cardiff away game, we weren't absolutely brilliant but we were the better team. We showed a lot of resilience in that match and it definitely merited a victory, until we got sucker punched in injury time that night. Hopefully tomorrow we will put in a similar performance against Brighton and we will have a chance of getting 3 points, which is all we need to get back into the top 6. We have the 3rd best goal difference in the league and that will be crucial in achieving a play-off place. So keep your fingers crossed and get behind the team, we still have a chance so all hope isn't lost.

That is some rapid cycling you're doing chap. No-one normal swings like that that quickly.

Was just seeing if anyone actually reads the comments lol And also exampling the varying mood swings we saw on the forum!!

I honestly think we'll still make the playoffs! Lots to play for and think we've gone past the worst...

Tomorrow is again a massive game.

Win tomorrow and I fancy our chances of the play offs. Lose and I think it's over as our confidence will dip even further.

We need to get something. This run is one of the worst I can remember as a City fan. Got a bit to go to catch up with Taylor though.

Archived