Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

Play off chances

I currently rate it as highly unlikely, I think we'll lose tomorrow and I will see it as virtually impossible, If we do the unthinkable and win we may have a very slim chance but the players still need to do one hell of a turn around impress me.

Sorry but it's my view and if you don't like it, get over it.

As always though, i'll write my little disclaimer, i've wrote for years and i'm still waiting for it to happen...Prove me wrong lads, go on, do it, prove me wrong, i'll be more than happy to be wrong in this case.

When we talk about the playoffs are you alluding to 3rd place? because if that is the case NO chance, 4th place maybe but we have to win our next 3 on the bounce the only realistic positions we can make in the playoffs is 5th or 6th but then again we have to win our next two to give us a chance of doing that.

If we lose tomorrow then 6th place is the only place we can hope for.

What people are forgetting is that we can't just scrape in to the play-off's, not with the teams we've got to play. We'll either finish about 4th or about 8-10th. If we are to get the necessary amount of points to get in the top 6, we'll have to beat Watford, Palace, Forest and Brighton. This is probably a good thing, we've got to go for it.

Unlikely.

We would have to win at least four to do so I think. Even if we did get there to actually go up means winning at least two of the three play off games if not all three. I cannot see us doing all of that.

Our chances of being in the play-offs on our current performances and that's all you can go on is NIL.

Looking back to December/January and if that form can be repeated we have every chance and everyone will be wondering what all the fuss was about.

I wish it could be but I'm afraid the players and the manager have got a mindset now that poor results have become the norm. In a rut; you bet they are.

I've got to question were we simply 'lucky' and had a false sense of form during December/January though.

We were quite poor start of the season, had a good spell and returned back to being poor, expect now we are very poor.

Which is the 'real' Leicester?

If we were to put a good spell in this last run and went up would you be confident of staying up? I wouldn't, we would need almost a new squad I reckon, if we went up I reckon we'd have a good chance of getting less points than Derby's record.

Obviously I want Leicester to do well, Leicester doing well means promotion but I fear if we do manage to conjure up a good spell and do get promoted I really do.

We are still a season or two from being good enough, the things is i've been saying we've been a season or two from being good enough since our return to the Championship so really we went down to League One, got better and it's levelled out and we've stayed where we are - a midtable to just outside the playoffs place team, we need to kick on, make the final push, but we haven't.

We're gonna do it. We're still in the mix, had the worst of our bad run and now going to go unbeaten until the end of the season with a big push for promotion.

See you at Wembley my friends...

No way are we going to make it. Our poor run of form will continue and we just won't have the depth in the squad or manager to recover. We should start building for next season and accept it won't happen this season!

That is how I feel!

It would be good to go into the play offs as the underdogs, daft as this might sound having a bad run might not all be that bad. I'm mean the other teams in the play offs might target us to be the easiest of the lot. I'd happily take 6th spot now!

Wasn't too confident after Monday, although a little bit of confidence did come back when Brighton only drew with Charlton the day after. Not sure really if we lose, although we still would have Palace, Watford and Forest still to play. We need to go for it though, a win tomorrow would be great. It is a massive game.

Archived