Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brighton post match whatevers

If it didn't matter why discussing it on a football forum?

Calling me a "mentalist" when enough people know me for my mostly reasoned behaviour and you're the one with the great contradictions. lol

What contradictions? I discuss it on a football forum because I enjoy doing so. There's no other reason. It doesn't mean I think it's important and it doesn't mean I have an agenda. I have an opinin but that's something very different indeed. Do you believe that people only discuss things because they think they are important? Can something not be just for fun?

D you think that people should only discuss matters which they think are vital? Because if so you'd come across a great number of silent people.

People blaming Wood too, a joke! Wood was running through on goal and King rather than play a simple through ball decided to sky it. Kane actually ran it up to the byline probably as was asked by Pearson and was successful a few times at putting crosses in. Infact the commentator even praised Kane's performance on the online stream!

Yeh 1-1 is dissapointing considering but surely there is a sifference between dissapointment and the anger experienced at Barnsley. We were decent today and if we play like this on Friday we could be looking a whole lot better.

Wood had no service whatsoever all game. How people can judge and blame him for today is pathetic.

If King wasn't ball greedy and played that simple ball into Wood we might have been going home with three points.

If we get promoted, which we have as much chance of as Palace, Forest, Brighton and Bolton, how are people who have been constantly negative going to react?

Will you feel any shame for giving up so early, will you admit you were wrong, or will you just rewrite history and pretend to yourself that you hadn't bottled it while we still had every chance of making the playoffs?

Or...will you just save up your vitriol for if we lose the playoffs or the first bad run in the Premier League?

Just interested !!

James was one of better player's and scored! King worse our worse midfielder today wasted chances, Selfish not passing to wood for a goal opportunity at the end, what has happened to the king of old? Schlupp was decent and ball didn't really fall right for him today genuinely unlucky not to get a goal I thought.

Brighton have only lost 3 games at home, so a point before coming and having the chances and ball retention that we did is a bit of a kick in the teeth with a late goal. The bizarre decision of the game and im sure everyone else will agree with this? but why did we bring on harry kane near the end instead of Knockaert? Kane losing the ball led to brighton scoring there goal! don't know what the fuss is surrounding Kane woeful!

All in all we have stopped the rot with a point, so we have to take that a positive and look to our home game with brummy for 3 point's!

keep the Faith people, if we don't get behind the lad's and believe we can make it into the play-off's then how are they?

bit dissappointed knocky didnt come on think he wouldve been a better option than kane, who imo is ****ing turd

Just doesn't try. Doesn't need too, he's got a four year contract at Spurs so does he really care if we finish in the play offs? No.

He isn't a bad player though, he probably is technically gifted, but he isn't the player I'd pick for a play off run in against rivals.

(Not blaming him though, he had 15/20mins to impact).

The only good thing to come out of this is Pearson's edging closer to door, a couple more shoves and he'll be through it and gone,annoying cuz I keep having to put the champers back on ice!

Except if anything it has actually done the opposite. Pearson's job here is safe until the end of the season.

Oh and just another note, Wood comes on and hoofball starts................................................................................

I thought we were doing it all (or for most of) the game?

James was one of better player's and scored! King worse our worse midfielder today wasted chances, Selfish not passing to wood for a goal opportunity at the end, what has happened to the king of old? Schlupp was decent and ball didn't really fall right for him today genuinely unlucky not to get a goal I thought.

Brighton have only lost 3 games at home, so a point before coming and having the chances and ball retention that we did is a bit of a kick in the teeth with a late goal. The bizarre decision of the game and im sure everyone else will agree with this? but why did we bring on harry kane near the end instead of Knockaert? Kane losing the ball led to brighton scoring there goal! don't know what the fuss is surrounding Kane woeful!

All in all we have stopped the rot with a point, so we have to take that a positive and look to our home game with brummy for 3 point's!

keep the Faith people, if we don't get behind the lad's and believe we can make it into the play-off's then how are they?

This.

Good post.

I agree with GingerrrFox - 1-0 up with 20 minutes to go, any other manager in the Football League would have taken off two strikers, and replaced at least one of them with a defender. I wonder if Martin O'Neill would be interested in re-joining, now that he is out of work? Pearson has lost the plot.

1) then he would be getting crap for sitting back and 2) which defender would you have liked him to bring on? Dyer Knockaert? Logan?

I thought we were doing it all (or for most of) the game?

If people actually watched the game properly they would see that this is what we was doing for periods of the first half, hoofing it to Schlupp who had no chance competing with the likes of Upton.

Kanes fault And Pearsons for putting the useless twat on.

Didn't know what he was doing and gave the ball away time.and time again until they profited from.it. No he's not a winger but that doesn't mean you can't pass properly

I LIKE PEARSON! The Wood substitution was sound and made sense but bringing Kane on when you had both Knocky and Dyer available who are both known to put more of a shift in was in my opinion wrong. I'm actually glad we got a point, I thought we would come back with nothing and on the end of a 2-0 loss but when you come that close to winning it hurts. The Kane substitution was in my view not great but everything else I can't fault Nigel for and think he did a good job today rallying the troops and picking good starting tactics, formation and team.

I wonder if Martin O'Neill would be interested in re-joining, now that he is out of work? Pearson has lost the plot.

Doubt it. He never returns to clubs (hence he has never managed Nottingham Forest, where he is a legend).

Plus, would you take him without bringing John Robertson in too? Doubt it.

Just stick, and get behind, Nigel. We can still make it and today as a positive performance/result.

Kanes fault And Pearsons for putting the useless twat on.

Didn't know what he was doing and gave the ball away time.and time again until they profited from.it. No he's not a winger but that doesn't mean you can't pass properly

If we get promoted, which we have as much chance of as Palace, Forest, Brighton and Bolton, how are people who have been constantly negative going to react?

Will you feel any shame for giving up so early, will you admit you were wrong, or will you just rewrite history and pretend to yourself that you hadn't bottled it while we still had every chance of making the playoffs?

Or...will you just save up your vitriol for if we lose the playoffs or the first bad run in the Premier League?

Just interested !!

If we go up I'll happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong about Pearson. I only want him gone because I think it will give us a better chance of success. If he turns it around and gets us promoted I'll be first in the line to congratulate him. I don't think he will but I'll be delighted if I'm proved wrong.

Archived