Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brighton post match whatevers

It's worse now than under Sven absolute rubbish... no quality no talent no clue. Dull..Dull..Dull

Is this, or are you a joke??? A point leaves us still in with a big chance, we played well today, possitives only today for me

So to clarify if we are in the playoff final and we lose on penalties he's shit and yet if we win on penalties then you will admit you were wrong about Pearson. If that's what you believe in you are supporting the wrong club as 95% of English teams will have good and bad spells over years, just look at Southampton, Pompey, Wigan, Swansea etc.

That isn't what I said but well done for making it up anyway.

If we make the play offs I think the owners are justified in giving him another year. That would represent progress. Obviously I'd be happier for us to win promotion than not and how close we get doesn't matter a whole lot. In the end you're either promoted or you're not. The aim has been promotion all along and if that aim isn't achieved, whether by penalties or by twenty points, the result is the same.

If we don't make the play offs then he should go because that will not represent any progress. Even if the margin is a single goal. That's just the way football works. Fine margins.

I do not think the man is capable of winning promotion so I'd be happy for him to be given the push anyway. But it would be reasonable for the owners to keep him on if we make the top six, even if it isn't a decision I'd necessarily agree with.

Thanks also for the attempt at patronising me with 'you are supporting the wrong club'. I've followed us for twenty years. I know the deal. It isn't as black and white as thinking 'wanting Pearson out means I want instant success'. I'm happy for managers to have time if I think the right man is in the job. I happen to think that Pearson is not the right man. But I'm happy to be proven wrong.

There were times today where we moved the ball around with such vindication and fluidity you'd never believe what rotten form we've been in. Considering his lack of consistent game time, I thought Schlupp was magnificent today, kept going at it even though he was given the frustrating chance of leading the line on his own against a team that keep that ball very well.

I thought the central midfield trio of Drinkwater, James and King worked effectively and tidily when the ball was kept on the deck, on occasion we tried to play it out of defence when it wasn't really on. King should've scored but all in all I thought his movement and link-up play was on a par with James, both terrific. Drinkwater is obviously out of form but I thought the three of them had a decent understanding of how one another play.

Konchesky has been dog recently, utter, utter toilet - today he looked like that consistent, tireless left back we had on our hands last campaign. Wes, outstanding, Keane not far off. Moore mixed but I shudder to think what damage Lua-Lua would've done to SSL today had we had that pissed up no-mark at full back.

Kane hasn't really merited any praise but he get's played in little cameos here, there, and everywhere and hasn't had a modicum of time to settle really. Should be cover, nothing else - we can't afford to give him that time to bed in. I'd start Knockaert for Marshall next game, the latter's defensive qualities go under-valued but some of his decisions attack-wise this afternoon were beyond comprehension.

Three academy graduates in our first eleven - I think that's fantastic for a side being competitive against one of the division's better sides. Late goal an absolute sickener but plenty to be positive about and some fantastic spirit shown today. Better than the majority of the last thirteen games combined.

Until we're mathematically out of it - I'll still bloody believe we can do it. I'll have several breakdowns by then, though. Bloody City.

Absolutely fantastic post and exactly how I saw the game and performance :thumbup::chant:

Best we've played in a long time. Deserved to win. Their keeper has made some decent saves, and they've threw their bodies in front of the ball to make a few decent blocks.

We were rarely troubled throughout the game, defence was absolutely solid. The 3 central midfielders worked well doing their own jobs, with the "front 3" all putting in hard working performances.

Kasper should've done better with the goal, absolutely no question.

Wouldn't have turned a point down before the game, but I'm gutted we've not got the win we deserved.

Not being funny, but blaming him for leaving two defensive players on Lua Lua's side?!?! He clearly recognised the threat!

God people on here are clueless, we battled but just everything is going against us atm.

No no no it's Pearson that is clueless not the posters

Best we've played in a long time. Deserved to win. Their keeper has made some decent saves, and they've threw their bodies in front of the ball to make a few decent blocks.

We were rarely troubled throughout the game, defence was absolutely solid. The 3 central midfielders worked well doing their own jobs, with the "front 3" all putting in hard working performances.

Kasper should've done better with the goal, absolutely no question.

Wouldn't have turned a point down before the game, but I'm gutted we've not got the win we deserved.

This :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong I'm gutted. But look at this way, we were the better team and on another day we would have won. Yeah we should score more and then conceding one wouldn't matter but we have to take baby steps to get back to where we were, whether we have enough time to take those steps and still get in to the play-offs or not remains to be seen..bring on Friday.

If we don't make the play offs then he should go because that will not represent any progress.

Despite the fact that the football (before this run) was among the best we've played for a long time, we've the third youngest squad in the Football league, one of the finest defences, and our wage bill has been cut considerably? This club has arguably been saved from disappearing down Sven's gaping chasm of thrown away cash and over-priced, over-paid bellends.

Fore perspective - not far off this time last season our club captain was sitting with the home fans at Madjeski when we took on Reading away, cheering when we conceded and generally being an unsufferable bell sitting on 20k + a week. Currently, our club captain epitomises exactly what you want from the chap wearing the armband.

Progress? What progress?

*Sven's gaping chasm haha

Guest glasgowfox

I genuinely believe that when some of us leicester supporters get a bee in their bonet then it doesnt matter what happens. they or we, will always find something to moan about. Whether or not a point today is a good point and will be enough will obviously not be known until out final plight is sealed. That said, I for one will admit that I think pearson should have got the bullet before today, but, having said that, I think the team were overall very good today and really looked to be trying...for themselves, the fans, the club and, this bit will hurt some....the manager!

If pearson had been sacked and replaced by MON, Mcdermott, or whoever, and put in a performance like they did today, then i 100% believe that this forum would have been flooded by fans saying.....if only we had replaced pearson earlier,,,,,they worked hard because of the new manager, if we play like this we will storm the play offs.....etc etc etc

We are all Leicester fans together....today the boys restored some faith, in my eyes, Pearson is here now like it or not...lets get behind them all.....we are still in this!!!!

As long as we stay within 3 points of Forest (and 6th), it's always in our hands on the final day.

Sorry but if were not 3 points clear of them going into that game then we are just going to fail in the most painful way possible. We cannot win at that accursed f***ing ground :(

We played well, and although drinkwater lost the ball for the goal he played his heart out like the rest of them. And i guess his goal line clearance first half doesn't count? I am sick and tired of counter-productive moaners who want us to fail. Get a life lads.

Thought we looked clueless going forward at times. Also, I don't trust Konchesky at all.

We have got potential but its so frustrating when you see another aimless ball going forward and you think "well that was rubbish, at least we'll learn from it" and then 30 seconds later the same again!

Surely we need to keep the ball and build and steal territory. If the move breaks down that's where the manager should be tactically sound to quickly tighten.

We just looked clueless at times.

Despite the fact that the football (before this run) was among the best we've played for a long time, we've the third youngest squad in the Football league, one of the finest defences, and our wage bill has been cut considerably? This club has arguably been saved from disappearing down Sven's gaping chasm of thrown away cash and over-priced, over-paid bellends.

Fore perspective - not far off this time last season our club captain was sitting with the home fans at Madjeski when we took on Reading away, cheering when we conceded and generally being an unsufferable bell sitting on 20k + a week. Currently, our club captain epitomises exactly what you want from the chap wearing the armband.

Progress? What progress?

*Sven's gaping chasm haha

Has the wage bill been cut considerably? Other than Mills? The others are out on loan. Pearson himself has spent £10m, remember. Let's not pretend he is frugal. Not that I think wasting money is the fault of managers anyway. That's down to our idiot owners. They sign every cheque.

And how well we did up to February doesn't matter. You get nothing for being second in February. Where we are now is a fairer reflection because we've played more games. You have to take the season as a whole.

Has the wage bill been cut considerably? Other than Mills? The others are out on loan. Pearson himself has spent £10m, remember. Let's not pretend he is frugal. Not that I think wasting money is the fault of managers anyway. That's down to our idiot owners. They sign every cheque.

And how well we did up to February doesn't matter. You get nothing for being second in February. Where we are now is a fairer reflection because we've played more games. You have to take the season as a whole.

If we finish eighth via comparison to last season's ninth - logic would suggest that that's progress, no?

I'd wager decent money that Huddersfield are covering at least a portion of Danns and Beckford's wages, I doubt Peltier was on peanuts, either. He sacked off Michael Johnson fairly sharpish too, let's not forget, and he'd have been pocketing some spends. Vassell and Howard were both on Sven contracts too (not that I'm suggesting they were on a lot, probably more than their respective abilities merited, though).

If we've not improved significantly in terms of figures, at least there's not a toxic atmosphere around the club anymore. These players generally want to seem to do well, both for the club and themselves - as well as their boss.

You sure?

If it was him I'd be somewhat surprised. Doesn't articulate the way TPH did.

Not totally sure, but I thought so yesterday or the day before, and the horse racing stuff today seemed to confirm my suspicions!

Guest ttfn

James was one of better player's and scored! King worse our worse midfielder today wasted chances, Selfish not passing to wood for a goal opportunity at the end, what has happened to the king of old? Schlupp was decent and ball didn't really fall right for him today genuinely unlucky not to get a goal I thought.

Brighton have only lost 3 games at home, so a point before coming and having the chances and ball retention that we did is a bit of a kick in the teeth with a late goal. The bizarre decision of the game and im sure everyone else will agree with this? but why did we bring on harry kane near the end instead of Knockaert? Kane losing the ball led to brighton scoring there goal! don't know what the fuss is surrounding Kane woeful!

All in all we have stopped the rot with a point, so we have to take that a positive and look to our home game with brummy for 3 point's!

keep the Faith people, if we don't get behind the lad's and believe we can make it into the play-off's then how are they?

King was absolutely excellent today. Shame he didn't bring his shooting boots.

Weird game I thought. I was expecting them to be comfortable in possession and their fans to create an atmosphere but if anything We were better on the ball than them and they barely made a noise all game. Our fans weren't great either and there was hardly any pace in the game so it had a bit of a pre-season feel, especially when the sun came out for the first time since August.

Thought our midfield did well to impose themselves on the game. Why on earth he brought Kane on to play on the wing I will never know. He looked slow, ponderous and like he couldn't be bothered. I would blame him for the sloppy pass to Drinkwater which they eventually scored from.

Lua Lua looked dangerous and it was clear Moore was struggling a bit, which is fair enough. Thought our midfield/RDL should have helped him out a lot more towards the end and it cost us.

Archived