Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brighton post match whatevers

How?

Again somebody putting the blame on the manager when he should be blaming the players for failing to come up with the goods and/or failing to hold on to a lead professionally.

Moore struggled for most the game against Lua Lua, something should have been done about that. Not really Pearson's fault that Kane played shite after coming on but he had a huge hand in their equaliser.

How?

Again somebody putting the blame on the manager when he should be blaming the players for failing to come up with the goods and/or failing to hold on to a lead professionally.

You go up 1-0 away against a team who are known for keeping possession. Sure up the midfield. Kane doesn't try enough in the defensive side of the game and he was at fault for not blocking the cross that came in which LuaLua scored off.

Nice to see some positivity, but unfortunately "unlucky lads" isn't enough at this stage of the season. By no means is it over, but we've just wasted yet another opportunity.

Certainly an opportuntiy lost.. but this is the championship... there is a reason that those around us keep droping points too, its one hell of a league.

We played well, or at least better and we are still in the playoff spots

Thought we played a great game.

Lot of good chances and very unlucky not to have won by 4.

If we play like that every game for the rest of the season then we'll be promoted through the playoffs.

Liam Moore was fantastic. Schlupp played well up front. James had a very good game

I wouldn't have brought Kane on but then again I would send him back to Spurs.

Explain?

Reasonable performance, but it was obvious they would equalise. Our lads are too soft to see out a crucial 1-0 win like that.

Weird subs. I'm sick to death of seeing that Harry Kane come on and do absolutely **** all. Why we signed him a mystery, why Pearson still keeps bringing him on even more so.

Chris Wood looking more and more like a mardy little twat as well. Wouldn't be dissapointed to see him shipped out in the summer.

The Andy King of old might have scored that late chance, but nowadays skying it 40 yards over is about his standard. Of course that led directly to their goal. Get rid of him in the summer as well please.

Our play off hopes are over. Might as well start planning on getting rid of the dead wood, and if that includes Pearson then lets just hurry up and get him out.

No, they're not.

Thought we played a great game.

Lot of good chances and very unlucky not to have won by 4.

If we play like that every game for the rest of the season then we'll be promoted through the playoffs.

Liam Moore was fantastic. Schlupp played well up front. James had a very good game

I wouldn't have brought Kane on but then again I would send him back to Spurs.

We were back to the way we had been playing tell jan. it is unbelievable we have lost so many points by playing the opposite

So essentially you were betting against us??

Bastard.

Great fan, that.

How on earth does that make me a bad fan? The odds were good and the form pointed Brighton's way.

I want us to win but I'd prefer £300 because, well because I'm not mental. Sounds like you take it all a bit too seriously.

Lua Lua ripped us a new arse today and the fact is that probably for the 3rd time of him absolutly destroying Moore they scored...not exactly suprising.

Overall it was a good performance and I think with the way Pearson changed the shape of our starting line up we have every reason to believe we can go on and do well in the last few games. We are well in the mix here guys...yes it sucks that the equaliser was late but don't be shortsighted as Ulloa missed a sitter before we even scored. A draw was decent here.

. That was a good performance by anyone standards and we played like we should have played the last 12 weeks, but as soon as Wood and Kane came on we sat back and hoofed. We controlled the game before then. Very frustrating that with a few minutes to go we gave the ball away. We just needed to be composed and hold onto it.

:blink:

you can see it coming, last game of the season, forest v leicester for a play off place!!

I hope not. Referees seem to be falling over themselves to hand Forest a result..........sendings off & penalties coming out their ears!!

Played very well against a team that doesn`t close down, and get in your faces, as we usually do..

Deserved to win, we were by far the better team.

Schlupp unlucky to be dragged off, and not quite sure what Kane adds to the team to be honest.

I totally agree with what's been said in the Match Thread. I'm not saying that bringing on Kane and Wood cost us the game but I fail to understand why he made those substitutions at the time. I understood the reasoning when we were losing but once we'd scored that was not the right decision. It was almost like he was saying 'well you've got your kit on now, you might as well both go on'. Having Nugent and Schlupp provided us with two players who ran back and defended whereas Wood and Kane were largely ineffective. Having said that, there's no way we shouldn't have won that game. Incredibly disappointing

This. There is such a thing as reassessing your options when the situation changes. So why change our whole strikeforce and change the balance of the team? Schlupp is our quickest striker, so if defending a lead, why not keep your quickest striker on the pitch to try and catch on the counter? Why not bring on an extra defender to park the bus? All these options were denied to us because Pearson made the same substitution at 1-0 as he was going to make when we were chasing a goal at 0-0.

I know the players have missed chances today, but a manager's job is to make the best use of resources. From the point we scored the goal, he did not do this, which is a shame.

Reasonable performance, but it was obvious they would equalise. Our lads are too soft to see out a crucial 1-0 win like that.

Weird subs. I'm sick to death of seeing that Harry Kane come on and do absolutely **** all. Why we signed him a mystery, why Pearson still keeps bringing him on even more so.

Chris Wood looking more and more like a mardy little twat as well. Wouldn't be dissapointed to see him shipped out in the summer.

The Andy King of old might have scored that late chance, but nowadays skying it 40 yards over is about his standard. Of course that led directly to their goal. Get rid of him in the summer as well please.

Our play off hopes are over. Might as well start planning on getting rid of the dead wood, and if that includes Pearson then lets just hurry up and get him out.

have to agree with this. i don't like singling players out, but i haven't seen him offer anything at all whenever i've seen him play. he jogs around, he doesn't seem to care and he offers absolutely nothing. sick and tired and him getting on in front of players like knocky, or even vardy and waghorn, who run around and show passion. kane doesn't seem bothered, sack him off.

No, but putting RDL on him instead of making him a winger, which he isn't and still leaving a knackered looking kid marking a quality player didn't work

RDL and Moore are both more defensive than Marshall, who btw had done fck all.

Normally not a bad point, but our disgraceful results against the shite of this league recently makes it worse than it should be. We need to start winning again.

But it's our own fault, the last two months have been unacceptable and we've wasted a great chance. On the plus side, it seemed like a much improved display, though it couldn't have been much worse than Barnsley.

Certainly an opportuntiy lost.. but this is the championship... there is a reason that those around us keep droping points too, its one hell of a league.

We played well, or at least better and we are still in the playoff spots

True. But we are running out of opportunities!

Archived