Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eaststand68

Bye Bye Pearson

Irony is not a concept you have grasped yet!...how old are you...ummm 16 or 17 I would guess?

So you don't know me... That means, all your claims that you've got some insight into the future is all pretense!!!

Shocking!!!

And here I was taking you seriously.

are you happy with staying in this league for the next 5 years then you have no ambition . if you would like premier league football then you are going to need a new manager pearson cannot cut it in this league and is cv reads 1 promotion whoopy woo

Not happy, no obviously. But you can't deny the football pre feb was very good for much of the season, you also can't deny that late goals have killed us. I doubt he'll be here much longer, and no one could blame the owners for sacking him after this run, but there aren't many names I'd like in that are being banded about. That's my point, maybe I lack desire, I dunno. I'm pissed off with it all, and a bit pissed too :-/

Couple of tweets flying around that he's gone.

Don't believe it's true if I'm honest, would be a bizarre time for him to go.

Not really we aren't going to make the playoffs mathematically speaking we can still but we aren't in reality imo so now is the perfect time to get rid of NP.

Whether a new manager would be appointed in time for the Redshite who knows.

Not really we aren't going to make the playoffs mathematically speaking we can still but we aren't in reality imo so now is the perfect time to get rid of NP.

Whether a new manager would be appointed in time for the Redshite who knows.

Doubt he'd be sacked without a replacement lined up and doesn't look like anybody willing is available.

Yeah god forbid we sack the manager we might finish in the play offs like Holloway and Davies ... Tit

Usual quality reply with no suggestions of a counter argument. Pearson and his team have built a side that admittedly has been very inconsistent but has shown signs of being a top two team. A few quality additions are required to add grit and experience and we will have a very good side. Teams around have stuck with their men, teams that have recently gone up have done the same.

We have battled in the right part of the table all season, I just don't get people's negativity. Have patience, this team will thrive with a leader in the middle of the park.

So you don't know me... That means, all your claims that you've got some insight into the future is all pretense!!!

Shocking!!!

And here I was taking you seriously.

lol..... exactly what I expected...please refer to my previous post as a response....luv ya MC P xxxxx( I heart Nigel's man servant)

I should of explained better, when Ian stringer was interviewing Kasper, he said 'He deserves to be a PL manager, I really enjoyed playing under him' past tense!, stringer asked him and he said English isn't my first language lol:pearson:

Maybe it has nothing to do with Pearson going..... Maybe Kasper is?? Throw that one in there!

Do you know what I can't stand him but I've got a worrying feeling that your right.

Just a quick question: When are you going to change your username to "I blame Pearson" exactly again?

You know, being inconsistent and all...

Usual quality reply with no suggestions of a counter argument. Pearson and his team have built a side that admittedly has been very inconsistent but has shown signs of being a top two team. A few quality additions are required to add grit and experience and we will have a very good side. Teams around have stuck with their men, teams that have recently gone up have done the same.

We have battled in the right part of the table all season, I just don't get people's negativity. Have patience, this team will thrive with a leader in the middle of the park.

But here's the thing, Foxhateram, anyone who's got an ounce of leadership capability gets shipped out, but Pearson doesn't like people questioning him. We then get fed a line about them being difficult, a bad apple etc etc. This team has been crying out for a leader on the pitch for months but he's done nothing about it - just brought in a couple of young loanees. And he really won't change his ways, however patient we are with him.

The average age of the squad is 23 and we've played quality football at times this season. I reckon with a few real leaders in the rank we could of been more consistent, a problem that can be resolved in the summer. If we sack Pearson now, what will happen? Most likely the same as every year. Another shuffle. Another crap season. More money down the drain. Most people of this forum make me wish I supported some other team.

We've tried for instant success year after year and it's never worked. Grow up and get behind the team.

Dismal end to the season, with no real positive results from the whole of the last third of the season - showing form that would get us relegated - not promoted. We had everyone fit and available at this key time of the season, and still blew it, with a powder-puff strike force, putting too much pressure on the defence with its wasteful shooting. It seems to me that there is little positive to recommend a continuation of the Coaching Structure of the 1st team -with the owners set on Premier League status. Watford showed what a gulf there is between a Promotion-bound side like Watford and our boys (nearly an hour before we had a shot on target, in a home game that we had to win), and to me, if we don't replace the coaching staff then we start next season with a team that had form taking us the wrong way out of the division - who wants that?............Really?

The average age of the squad is 23 and we've played quality football at times this season. I reckon with a few real leaders in the rank we could of been more consistent, a problem that can be resolved in the summer. If we sack Pearson now, what will happen? Most likely the same as every year. Another shuffle. Another crap season. More money down the drain. Most people of this forum make me wish I supported some other team.

We've tried for instant success year after year and it's never worked. Grow up and get behind the team.

Yes instant success will never happen just look at Hull, Bolton, Palace, Watford.... MUPPET!

Pearson deserves to be fired now for a handful of reasons:

a) His failure to address obvious deficiencies in centre mid, at left back.

b) The extraordinary situation with Schlupp at Man U. Not that I think it massively hurt us; rather that I've never known a manager in his position go about squad management - and reducing competition for places - in such a way. Moore's loan out, on a less bizarre scale, was also nonsensical.

c) His insistence on never changing an unbeaten side (even now he won't change a defence that conceded two in each of the last three games, and hasn't kept a clean sheet in two months... surprise surprise we concede two in the first half today).

d) His side's inability to play more than one formation.

e) Several poor signings. Vardy was an expensive error; Whitbread and Futacs also straightforward flops. Few of his signings since have been clear-cut successes.

e) He has failed to deliver on his minimum season objective, i.e. a place in the play-offs. In fact, we're on roughly the same points, once more, that we attained under Sven, so how he can claim he's 'achieved a great deal in a short time' I don't know.

There is no convincing defence of Pearson. He has comprehensively failed and had longer than the average Championship managerial tenure in charge. If he is fired, no manager will feel that City were unduly trigger happy.

But do we have the resources, or any hope, of appointing one of the obviously more talented managers to replace him? O'Neill isn't unthinkable, but neither could we be sure of appointing him unless we'd already fired Pearson and Di Matteo is a long shot.

As much as Pearson has undeniably failed, there remains a case for keeping him on the grounds of it being difficult to find a superior replacement.

I have always been a staunch supporter of Nigel, always, and much to the frustration of my friends. Even now though, I finally realise it is time for a change. I have always wanted a constant at the club and the same manager year on year but seriously.. Pearson has had all season.0 plus half of last and fell short. . I'll always regard Nige fondly but the time has come. Farewell Nigel, cheers for the good times.

Archived