Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Next City manager?

Next City Manager?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Next City Manager?

• Lennon
    • O'Neil
    • Hughes
    • Ince
    • De Matteo
    • Coyle
    • McClaren
    • Solskjaer
    • Powell
    • Warnock
    • Keane

why would you sack Pearson...

Leicester career:

1 promotion

2 top 6 finishes

Even Doncaster managed to get straight back up and most of their fans thought they had a chance of dropping straight through to the 4th division.

With a decent finish to the season one of those top 6 finishes could have been a top 2.

Don't like his tactics but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

Even Doncaster managed to get straight back up and most of their fans thought they had a chance of dropping straight through to the 4th division.

With a decent finish to the season one of those top 6 finishes could have been a top 2.

Don't like his tactics but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

To be fair, there are plenty of teams who didn't bounce straight back (Leeds, Forest, Cov, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed etc).

The thing about NP is that every season he's been with us has been an improvement on the last, position wise. If it's progress you want, you can't say fairer than that.

Dangerous Tiger... ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS! This is not the time t be thinking of a new manager! - We had the same ****ing doom and gloom before the forest match...

on to the next one!

Come on Pearson! Round the Troops!!!!!!!!

Dangerous Tiger... ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS! This is not the time t be thinking of a new manager! - We had the same ****ing doom and gloom before the forest match...

on to the next one!

Come on Pearson! Round the Troops!!!!!!!!

Hang on mate. The topic wasn't started by me!  I am for once   :innocent:   lol 

Don't like his tactics but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong

Yeah there are loads of teams that bounce straight back up to the Championship first time of asking.......................

Thanks, Nige - you've done OK.  You've reached your level - and helped City get near the Premiership.  A League 1 title, a 5th, a 9th and a 6th in the Championship (and 2 Play-off Semi-finals) for us and an 11th in the Championship for Hull, has shown you can get clubs near the top of the Championship.  Saving Southampton (after Burley messed it up) from the relegation to League 1, shows you're a good manager in this League.  Unfortunately, you will never get us (or anyone else) much beyond that.  Thanks and goodbye - there'll be a few clubs near the bottom of the Championship or the top of League 1, who'll jump at the chance of getting you - and the opportunity of stability in the second tier and even the possibility of a few play-offs - you might even get them to a Wembley final.

We now need to move on.  O'Neill, De Matteo, Lennon or Powell for me (I think the latter is the most likely). Come on Raksriaksorn's (or what the name is now !), thank NP for all he has done - and start the process of getting someone else in.    

Thanks, Nige - you've done OK. You've reached your level - and helped City get near the Premiership. A League 1 title, a 5th, a 9th and a 6th in the Championship (and 2 Play-off Semi-finals) for us and an 11th in the Championship for Hull, has shown you can get clubs near the top of the Championship. Saving Southampton (after Burley messed it up) from the relegation to League 1, shows you're a good manager in this League. Unfortunately, you will never get us (or anyone else) much beyond that. Thanks and goodbye - there'll be a few clubs near the bottom of the Championship or the top of League 1, who'll jump at the chance of getting you - and the opportunity of stability in the second tier and even the possibility of a few play-offs - you might even get them to a Wembley final.

We now need to move on. O'Neill, De Matteo, Lennon or Powell for me (I think the latter is the most likely). Come on Raksriaksorn's (or what the name is now !), thank NP for all he has done - and start the process of getting someone else in.

You make some good points in this post

Come on city

Powell really? lol  lol

The way our defence went to pot when he left for Charlton suggests he was a very positive influence on the club and was sorely missed.

Charlton have had a solid season considering the funds they have in comparison to ours and the fact they have Kermorgant up front. 

Thanks, Nige - you've done OK.  You've reached your level - and helped City get near the Premiership.  A League 1 title, a 5th, a 9th and a 6th in the Championship (and 2 Play-off Semi-finals) for us and an 11th in the Championship for Hull, has shown you can get clubs near the top of the Championship.  Saving Southampton (after Burley messed it up) from the relegation to League 1, shows you're a good manager in this League.  Unfortunately, you will never get us (or anyone else) much beyond that.  Thanks and goodbye - there'll be a few clubs near the bottom of the Championship or the top of League 1, who'll jump at the chance of getting you - and the opportunity of stability in the second tier and even the possibility of a few play-offs - you might even get them to a Wembley final.

We now need to move on.  O'Neill, De Matteo, Lennon or Powell for me (I think the latter is the most likely). Come on Raksriaksorn's (or what the name is now !), thank NP for all he has done - and start the process of getting someone else in.    

An excellent post. 

"Stability in the second tier" and "near the Premiership", IS probably as good as it gets for NP.  He's done ALRIGHT for us, Dull and the Saints.  Thank you, Nigel.  We must move on though now. 

I agree with you, O'Neill, De Matteo or Lennon would be great, but we won't get them.  Powell is the most likely to come.  Whoever is the choice though, we need to start the ball rolling asap, to begin the necessary re-building well in advance of the new season.    

You make some good points in this post

Come on city

Thanks.  I really think NP was a decent manager for us - unfortunately, decent is not enough.  We must look elsewhere for a better manager who'll take us further. 

Yes, "come on City" - the Board must start thinking what's the the best for Leicester now and who should be brought in.

This sums NP's limitations up so well.

Why is everyone talking like he's gone. What ever manager we had, we could've finished 3rd and missed a last minute penalty. If that went in the whole place would love him. Don't change your mind over one kick.

This is spot on........

Does it? He's had teams competing for promotion in the second tier more or less every time he's managed a side in the Championship.

5 Championship finishes - never higher than 5th place and 2 Championship Play-off SEMI-FINALS.  Don't sound great to me!

As I say earlier - he's OK, he's a decent 2nd tier Manager.  He is competitive, in a 'middling-Championship' sort of way, but we need someone to take us to 'the next level' - and that ain't Nigel.

Archived