Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Next City manager?

Next City Manager?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Next City Manager?

• Lennon
    • O'Neil
    • Hughes
    • Ince
    • De Matteo
    • Coyle
    • McClaren
    • Solskjaer
    • Powell
    • Warnock
    • Keane

I'm amazed Lennon & Solskjaer are getting so many votes. O'Neill & De Matteo, yes, but not those two. There's no chance of any of those 4 coming anyway! Best (and most likely) bet is Powell - and Coyle as an outsider (I'm surprised no one has voted for him up to now).

From the list of names above and being realistic about who might join us I don't think Owen Coyle would do a bad job ( even if things did die out for him in the end at Bolton), he worked wonders with Burnley and had them playing some nice football too

I agree with you, Tomtom, Coyle would be a decent bet. He did well with Burnley (and really well in Jockland) - and I think Bolton didn't persevere with him for long enough. I guess you're the (single!) guy who voted for him in the poll?!

I agree with you, Tomtom, Coyle would be a decent bet. He did well with Burnley (and really well in Jockland) - and I think Bolton didn't persevere with him for long enough. I guess you're the (single!) guy who voted for him in the poll?!

Are you on a wind up?

the bloke couldn't run a bath.

One promotion in England with Burnley and did 90% of the job in getting Bolton relegated.

No ****ing thanks!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22381080

Girard, whose contract with Montpellier ends at the end of the current season, says he would like to manage in either the Premier League or Championship.

"Maybe there are also some big clubs in the Championship who have ambitions to get back into the Premier League, that could be interesting for me," he said.

Would be my choice!!

Powell's the man for me. He's done a great job, in a short space of time, for Charlton. They even almost overtook us. He also has a (recent) City background and personality-wise, he leaves Pearson standing!

I don't think he could deal with the expectation.

Powell's the man for me. He's done a great job, in a short space of time, for Charlton. They even almost overtook us. He also has a (recent) City background and personality-wise, he leaves Pearson standing!

He's Mr. Charlton though - doubt he'd leave a) for a couple of quid extra as he seems a decent bloke and he has a lot more history at Charlton and b) for a club which is, at the moment at least, on a similar level. If a Prem team came for him then it'd be understandable, but I really can't see him taking over at us at this current time.

This is all pointless anyway until the time when NP leaves.

They could still overtake us - if they win 10-0 on Saturday and we lose by the same score !

Seriously, I think Chris Powell could be the man for us WHEN NP goes. Only problem is, I don't think he'll want to leave Charlton (as 'eye666' says).

Because that's what matters, hey? :rolleyes:

Really? Seriously?

Well...no not really, but maybe. I was having an argument with a mate about rather than just picking a 'name' manager who'd come in, change the playing squad etc. and probably fail; the Sriva.....bha's should do a Huw Jenkins and pick a manager based on what we've got, and how to get the best out of them going forward. Given our young squad, which is quite talented, someone like David O'Leary who'd successfully managed a young squad at Leeds could maybe be someone we could look towards, rather than some of the other shite thats been mentioned. And as such I now unrationally champion the managerial credentials of David O'Leary.

Well...no not really, but maybe. I was having an argument with a mate about rather than just picking a 'name' manager who'd come in, change the playing squad etc. and probably fail; the Sriva.....bha's should do a Huw Jenkins and pick a manager based on what we've got, and how to get the best out of them going forward. Given our young squad, which is quite talented, someone like David O'Leary who'd successfully managed a young squad at Leeds could maybe be someone we could look towards, rather than some of the other shite thats been mentioned. And as such I now unrationally champion the managerial credentials of David O'Leary.

When you put it like that . . . . . errm i understand . . . . . . :unsure:

lol

Archived