Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Next City manager?

Next City Manager?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Next City Manager?

• Lennon
    • O'Neil
    • Hughes
    • Ince
    • De Matteo
    • Coyle
    • McClaren
    • Solskjaer
    • Powell
    • Warnock
    • Keane

What about him has he been arrested by operation Yew tree ?

I wouldn't be surprised.. But done well at port vale and certainly worked last time. Also 4 promotions certainly got a good record

dean saunders? might get wolves relegated so might be available

But he got wolves relegated.

This poll is a bit like asking a 10 year-old what he would like for Christmas ..... and then offering a choice of a) The moon b) A piece of coal c) A remote-controlled toy car. Most 10 year olds have worked out that they probably aren't going to get the moon. They definitely know that a piece of coal is a crap prezzy (at least, in the Western world .... and assuming you're not a pensioner). Which only leaves one sensible option ! Work out for yourself who falls into which category !! Warnock is my remote controlled car ! (Although, he might turn out to be more Ford Focus than Ferrari) !!

Love a good piece of coal myself, and I'm no pensioner! Oh and the manager thingy, if NP is sacked I will have my pointless two penneth worth then! Then the owners will unveil someone totally left field, my money's on Terry Butcher......please be in the Sun soon :whistle:

Take out the unrealistic options and O'Neill and that's an extremely uninspiring list. Pearson has made some huge errors this season and maybe he doesn't have what it takes to get us up but bejesus he's better than 90% of those managers on that shit-list.

*actually, maybe OGS and CP are better so make that more like 70%!

From who is currently available and would possibly consider managing a mid-table club where the money has already been spent and the squad requires significant development ..... I think he would be a sensible choice. Passionate, competent, knows the game inside out and would make sure we didn't disgrace ourselves too much ! Some people don't like him because he said what many people, (including many Leicester fans), were thinking around the time of our admin period. As a championship manager, he ticks most boxes for me.

Unfortunately, for some of us constant diving, timewasting and trying to con the officials falls under the category of 'disgracing ourselves'.

Chris Powell?

Are you serious??

Why would you want to get rid of NP and replace him with an inferior manager???

I know he is a 'nice guy' and did a good job as a coach here, but we need someone who will win games and take us up. The fact remains this, he has done a decent job at charlton, but NP did a better one here and got us in the play-offs.

It amazes how many of you suggest getting rid of NP, and then suggest someone who has a worse record.

not that far behind us in the League with an inferior squad! So you would like to think he would do a good job here.

From who is currently available and would possibly consider managing a mid-table club where the money has already been spent and the squad requires significant development ..... I think he would be a sensible choice. Passionate, competent, knows the game inside out and would make sure we didn't disgrace ourselves too much ! Some people don't like him because he said what many people, (including many Leicester fans), were thinking around the time of our admin period. As a championship manager, he ticks most boxes for me.

I'd have agreed maybe five years back but I don't think his heart is in it anymore personally.

I also find him very over-rated. Did well and QPR and not too bad at Palace, but did very averagely at Leeds & Sheff Utd IMO.

Would be interesting as Warnock does have a lot about him as a character, but I really do think we'd just turn into Leeds of this season - a frustrating anti-football midtable side. Categorical no from me.

There are so many names being banded about that its just so hard to tell... some have experience in the prem... some have been promoted out of the champ.... its going to be a tough call.... So I think the best option would be to sit them all in a room on interview day and make them all play a season of football manager... whoever finishes the highest ( with Leicester) should get the job. Bonus points could be offered for ingenuity.... I also think that if anyone wanted to manage Forest and was able to get them relegated then they should be given the job no questions asked. Unless of course they registered as two managers and did some dodgy dealings... That wouldn't be right....

From the list of names above and being realistic about who might join us I don't think Owen Coyle who do a bad job ( even if things did die out for him in the end at Bolton), he worked wonders with Burnley and had them playing some nice football too

I am trying to remain positive, but lets face it the owners are doing this so why don't we. In the event that Nige goes who do you want?

Now I know which username Vichai has on FT. :)

You've been found out, muzzy1981.

not that far behind us in the League with an inferior squad! So you would like to think he would do a good job here.

Charlton were still riding high on the boost that brought them back to the Championship a year ago. I'd like to know how Powell fares next season, when he no longer has the "promotion season" bonus.

I think he's talented, I think he's a really nice guy, but 2013/2014 will prove to be the real test for him and the Addicks. Besides, he's still a very young manager more prone to the odd mistake here and there.

He could potentially be a great coach, but he needs more seasons under his belt to prove this.

I'd love it if O'Niell came back, I know they so don't go back but he left 13 years ago and so much has happened since then, so does it really matter?? I don't think so, if not O'Niell then I think Chris Powell is a good shout. Good young upcoming manager whose done very well with Charlton. But don't wanna see Mark Hughes or another prem reject come in.

Maybe the owners will keep Pearson on for the "Long Term" plan... they certainty shown him respect up untill now and said "We are in it together"

I'm sure they will have talks at the end of the season but our Owners clearly aren't trigger happy.

They have proved they are not trigger happy by not sacking him by him. Given the remit that NP agrees with last season was playoffs, this season was automatic, by his own targets he has failed so its time to go and given the dross we have been served for over One Third of the season then he should go. Dont get sucked into the "its a young team" as that is just rubbish, Konch,Morgan, Nuge, Dyer all not young plus Delaet, Kasper and King are all experienced.

Anyway have we not learnt our leason from this experience in dont go back, O'Neil without Robertson is a ship without a rudder, so for me its RDM please

Remember, people say that when you get promoted the team is on a crest of a wave and it's easy in this league.. that's how Pearson got us into the play offs after promotion from league one.

So is it a poll on who we want, or who we think will be Leicester manager? it's probably my fault for missing something important, but is this 'who would we prefer' / 'who do we expect' / 'who is the best realistic appointment'? That's the difference between O' Neill, Hughes and Lennon.

Well if unrealistic managers are ok to vote for can I have Fergie in the list please?

Archived