Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Next City manager?

Next City Manager?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Next City Manager?

• Lennon
    • O'Neil
    • Hughes
    • Ince
    • De Matteo
    • Coyle
    • McClaren
    • Solskjaer
    • Powell
    • Warnock
    • Keane

In that case let's get dave jones in,,,NOT

I want someone that consistently achieves , not a nearly man

Does it? He's had teams competing for promotion in the second tier more or less every time he's managed a side in the Championship.

This is spot on........

5 Championship finishes - never higher than 5th place and 2 Championship Play-off SEMI-FINALS.  Don't sound great to me!

In that case let's get dave jones in,,,NOT

I want someone that consistently achieves , not a nearly man

Looks like the Foxes Talk window-lickers are coming out of the woodwork again.

Go on then Seenitall, let's tap up Martin Allen, like you wanted. Maybe he can form a dream team partnership with Ian Holloway, it'll be like having the Chuckle Brothers in charge of the club, but somehow less funny.

Sir I feel you are doing widow lickers a disservice with that last quote..

But in all seriousness we DO deserve better and so do our generous owners who have provided ample finances to achieve promotion,and first place at that

Looks like the Foxes Talk window-lickers are coming out of the woodwork again.

Go on then Seenitall, let's tap up Martin Allen, like you wanted. Maybe he can form a dream team partnership with Ian Holloway, it'll be like having the Chuckle Brothers in charge of the club, but somehow less funny.

5 Championship finishes - never higher than 5th place and 2 Championship Play-off SEMI-FINALS.  Don't sound great to me!

As I say earlier - he's OK, he's a decent 2nd tier Manager.  He is competitive, in a 'middling-Championship' sort of way, but we need someone to take us to 'the next level' - and that ain't Nigel.

Yes.

MON

For the first time since leaving the club, returning would actually be a forward step in his career.

Yeah, I agree.  It's all gone very quiet on that rumour - I wouldn't be at all surprised if speculation starts to heat up again now.

Nice thought, but a bit unlikely I think.

I mentioned him another thread, to be honest i actually think Benitez would sit down with our owners and discuss the possibility of joining are club, but would our owners match Benitez's ambition? I'm not the biggest fan of Benitez he's very cold! colder than Pearson but Benitez i think is good at man management and tactics than Pearson is.

Thanks, Nige - you've done OK.  You've reached your level - and helped City get near the Premiership.  A League 1 title, a 5th, a 9th and a 6th in the Championship (and 2 Play-off Semi-finals) for us and an 11th in the Championship for Hull, has shown you can get clubs near the top of the Championship.  Saving Southampton (after Burley messed it up) from the relegation to League 1, shows you're a good manager in this League.  Unfortunately, you will never get us (or anyone else) much beyond that.  Thanks and goodbye - there'll be a few clubs near the bottom of the Championship or the top of League 1, who'll jump at the chance of getting you - and the opportunity of stability in the second tier and even the possibility of a few play-offs - you might even get them to a Wembley final.

We now need to move on.  O'Neill, De Matteo, Lennon or Powell for me (I think the latter is the most likely). Come on Raksriaksorn's (or what the name is now !), thank NP for all he has done - and start the process of getting someone else in.    

Sadly, I agree. It's a well-balanced point you've made.

I like Pearson and believe he's done a lot of good for us in his time here, but maybe he can't take us to the next level.

Sadly, I agree. It's a well-balanced point you've made.

I like Pearson and believe he's done a lot of good for us in his time here, but maybe he can't take us to the next level.

Thanks for your comments - and agreement.  It is sad that NP is unlikely to help us make that progression upwards.  He should be thanked - and I'm sure there'll be a few League 1 and lower Championship clubs who'll welcome him - and who'll do well (by their standards) with him.  We need a different sort of beast !  The more I think about it, the more I think MON could be that man again.  

None of the above thank you. We really should be sticking with NP for another season. I'm convinced he'll get the job done next season.

Can people please stop making these kinds of broad bloody statements. You, like I, like everyone else has NO IDEA whether Pearson will 'get the job done' next season. We can all hope so and I think he'll have a better chance if he learns from stuff this season.

But 'convinced'... No you aren't. On what basis? You don't even know what the squad will look like or even who the final team to be relegated will be.

These posts piss me off as much as the 'Pearson will get us relegated' nonsense.

:angry:

Can people please stop making these kinds of broad bloody statements. You, like I, like everyone else has NO IDEA whether Pearson will 'get the job done' next season. We can all hope so and I think he'll have a better chance if he learns from stuff this season.

But 'convinced'... No you aren't. On what basis? You don't even know what the squad will look like or even who the final team to be relegated will be.

These posts piss me off as much as the 'Pearson will get us relegated' nonsense.

:angry:

I agree, the evidence suggests that you should be far from convinced Pearson is going to get auto promotion using a balanced and far less rose tinted perspective.

Voted MON.

He's the only one there who I'd be happy to replace NP at the minute. Nige needs to have another year at the helm before any of the others are considered, but MON is a much better choice and if he's available, let's have him.

Voted MON.

He's the only one there who I'd be happy to replace NP at the minute. Nige needs to have another year at the helm before any of the others are considered, but MON is a much better choice and if he's available, let's have him.

MON wastes money these days. Even at villa, he spent a fortune on Young and Downing.

Pearson will continue to make smart purchases like de laet, james, wood etc.

MON wastes money these days. Even at villa, he spent a fortune on Young and Downing.

Priceless Grewks! Waste of money.....you're having a laugh!

O'Neill signed the pair for around £12 million each and they both got sold for around £20 million each.

Please tell me this is a WUM?

You post some drivel but this sets it at a new high!!

lol

Priceless Grewks! Waste of money.....you're having a laugh!

O'Neill signed the pair for around £12 million each and they both got sold for around £20 million each.

you're aware that they both got bought by 2 other managers who waste money, fergie and dalglish.

If you really want O'neill in on the basis of his last job, he wasted £5 million on a striker who is no better than nuge or wood.

you're aware that they both got bought by 2 other managers who waste money, fergie and dalglish.

If you really want O'neill in on the basis of his last job, he wasted £5 million on a striker who is no better than nuge or wood.

If there was even half a chance of getting O'Neill, I'd want him above because Pearson because Pearson simply isn't in his league as a manager. More fool you if you can't see that! 

Archived