Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
katieakita

Tonight's officials.

Didn't think any of our yellow cards were justified apart from Knockearts. Theirs were more yellows. Dosn't help at all when a ref is booking a player who makes a fair challenge and narrowly misses, ok fair enough a foul but why a yellow?

Ref was very trigger happy nothing in most of the yellows ,good for both sides that the it didn't really affect the result but I did think Schlupp was standing off his player  later in the game.

he seemed more than happy to dish the first yellows but not make the bigger decision,look  back and they are all pretty tame .

Personally thought the ref wasn't overly bad. He was very card happy though.

HOWEVER, his linesmen were ****ing woeful. Don't think either of them actually made a decision for the referee.

Now now, we all know what a tough job they have.

I agree.

It's a hard life being god awful at your job and not held accountable. Someone start a whip round

A shocking display, booked players for nothing. Absolute joke. The standard of refereeing at championship level is embarrassing.

This was a premiership ref.

Did well in as much as he let the game flow.

However, judgement of final touches was absolutely shocking. I counted 4 clear corners that were given as goal kicks, and so did 27,500 others in the ground. Quite a few suspect shouts for handball he let slide, though they could be put down as petty, so I take them as fair enough since it kept the game flowing and none of them really affected the game.

I will admit that he was poor for their sake as well - Schlupp should have gone. With the hindsight of Sky replays, however, Keane got the ball every day and should never have conceded a free kick, let alone get a yellow card.

The Keane booking was 100% correct, he went through the player to get the ball.

Schlupp caution was also correct, he deliberately pulled the player back, the second possible caution I think the ref also got right, was more of an accidental collision.

Overall, and speaking with 14 years experience as a referee, he did reasonably okay, although he missed some blatant ones for corners.

Archived