Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Beckford to Bolton

I was talking to someone today who has been close to putting this deal together and he was saying that beckford is taking a big personal hit and drop in wages to make this deal go through. He also lost money on the Huddersfield deal, but just wanted to play.

Worth remembering that despite his perceived limitations he could of dug in and sat and took his money, a bit like two northwest based midfielders Richie Wellens and Paul Gallagher appear to be doing at the moment.

Lets face it, Jermaine Beckford could run with the ball from his own box take it past an entire Chelsea team and score at the other end of the pitch and people would still be calling him a lazy shit

I think it's easy to see JB as lazy because of his gait .... he's quite tall with round shoulders and seems to lope around when he jogs.

Because of the way he holds himself he can appear to lack purpose when he runs  ....... I don't think he is actually lazy at all .... it's just a perception that's easy to make from his demeanour on the pitch, he doesn't appear to enjoy playing - possibly because he's actually concentrating!!!!!

I wish him well ..... don't think he's anywhere near as bad as he's being made out and think he'll get 15-20 in a decent side, given games and an encouraging arm around his shoulder.

I think it's easy to see JB as lazy because of his gait .... he's quite tall with round shoulders and seems to lope around when he jogs.

Because of the way he holds himself he can appear to lack purpose when he runs ....... I don't think he is actually lazy at all .... it's just a perception that's easy to make from his demeanour on the pitch, he doesn't appear to enjoy playing - possibly because he's actually concentrating!!!!!

I wish him well ..... don't think he's anywhere near as bad as he's being made out and think he'll get 15-20 in a decent side, given games and an encouraging arm around his shoulder.

Where as I wouldn't disagree with the first two paragraphs, in the third isn't this what happened at the start of last season and pre season ? And as soon as he was benched he wanted out ?

I don't think he's lazy, he's just not very good.

Good luck to him at Bolton, not his fault that we paid him far more than he was worth although I dont think he's taking the massive hit in wages that some are praising him for.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/170713-beckford-joins-bolton-925582.aspx

Leicester City and Bolton Wanderers have reached an agreement for the transfer of striker Jermaine Beckford, who joins the Trotters for an undisclosed fee.
Beckford, 29, heads to the Reebok Stadium after two seasons with the Foxes, having joined the Club from Everton on transfer deadline day in August 2011. He made 49 appearances in all competitions for City, scoring 15 times.

Jermaine spent the majority of last season on loan with fellow Football League Championship side Huddersfield Town, where he scored eight times in 21 league appearances, aiding the Terriers’ successful fight against relegation.

Leicester City would like to wish Jermaine well in his future career.

Where as I wouldn't disagree with the first two paragraphs, in the third isn't this what happened at the start of last season and pre season ? And as soon as he was benched he wanted out ?

Yeah maybe so .... Him and NP certainly seemed to get on well with alot of encouragement from NP from the sidelines .... I'm not sure what happened then ..... maybe he wanted out, maybe he didn't go about asking NP how he could get back into the side very diplomatically .... who knows!!

I don't think he was as bad or as lazy as he's made out though .... and it'll be interesting seeing what he does at a new club!

Leicester City and Bolton Wanderers have reached an agreement for the transfer of striker Jermaine Beckford, who joins the Trotters for an undisclosed fee.
Beckford, 29, heads to the Reebok Stadium after two seasons with the Foxes, having joined the Club from Everton on transfer deadline day in August 2011. He made 49 appearances in all competitions for City, scoring 15 times.

Jermaine spent the majority of last season on loan with fellow Football League Championship side Huddersfield Town, where he scored eight times in 21 league appearances, aiding the Terriers’ successful fight against relegation.

I didn't know that stat .... seems to suggest a 15-20 goal striker to me!

Fibbers lol

Guest MattP

Thank god for that.

Sven's most horrific expensive transfer bungle since Matt Mills the month before.

Archived