Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Beckford to Bolton

Well he didn't.

I'm assuming you're referring to Ade? Should read £2.5 mill (my mistake) - point still stands though, we managed to recoup something. We haven't even got that consolation with JB if reports are true.

I'm assuming you're referring to Ade? Should read £2.5 mill (my mistake) - point still stands though, we managed to recoup something. We haven't even got that consolation with JB if reports are true.

:thumbup:

Now we just need to send Neville packing with him.

This has got to be up there with one of the most costliest errors the club has ever pulled off.

Those involved in setting up this little, or rather large, number ought to be absolutely ashamed to call themselves business people.

Disgrace.

I was talking to someone today who has been close to putting this deal together and he was saying that beckford is taking a big personal hit and drop in wages to make this deal go through. He also lost money on the Huddersfield deal, but just wanted to play.

Worth remembering that despite his perceived limitations he could of dug in and sat and took his money, a bit like two northwest based midfielders appear to be doing at the moment.

Will be interesting to see whether the cost to leicester is last season's wages and transfer fee, or next seasons as he helps one of our rivals get promoted.

You can see it now. N'Gog & Beckford strike force - Championship winning material. Watch this space. I for one am gutted that it didn't work out for Beckford at Leicester, I would of loved to see him on the pitch with Knockaert(happened once for about one or two minutes Blackburn away). Knockaert vision & Beckford could of worked shame we never got to see it.

You can see it now. N'Gog & Beckford strike force - Championship winning material. Watch this space. I for one am gutted that it didn't work out for Beckford at Leicester, I would of loved to see him on the pitch with Knockaert(happened once for about one or two minutes Blackburn away). Knockaert vision & Beckford could of worked shame we never got to see it.

Agree.

I was talking to someone today who has been close to putting this deal together and he was saying that beckford is taking a big personal hit and drop in wages to make this deal go through. He also lost money on the Huddersfield deal, but just wanted to play.

Worth remembering that despite his perceived limitations he could of dug in and sat and took his money, a bit like two northwest based midfielders appear to be doing at the moment.

Will be interesting to see whether the cost to leicester is last season's wages and transfer fee, or next seasons as he helps one of our rivals get promoted.

It amazes me the amount of people that know the financial details from a source. No wonder he wants out lol.

A lot of people bought into the 'lazy' myth and subsequently interpreted his every action as evidence of laziness, likewise his 'bad attitude'. The man has said nothing in all his time here besides the night he signed, he could have sat his contract out, he could have whinged in the press but he did neither he just got on and wanted to play football.

He's certainly not been a success here but by the same token he's not been a disaster, to compare him to Ade Akinbiyi (who cost £5m over 10 years ago) is disingenuous.

He meant JB being supplied by Knockaert

I did understand that but I don't see how it works, based on a 442. It might if you use 3 3 or 312 but when we tried that approach it failed. Also it means setting up the whole team to suit one player which is not a good idea. I just don't think we have the players to do this with Beckford.

Archived