Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Beckford to Bolton

No-one? Or just the ones where you can flaw an argument? (This is no dig at you btw)

Anyone that says they'd do the exact opposite of Beckford if you were in his situation is lying.

Nail on the head there Bert. A great deal of irrational actions are expected of footballers and their wages. As with 99% of the population you want to be paid as much money as possible for the job you do.

No-one? Or just the ones where you can flaw an argument? (This is no dig at you btw)

Anyone that says they'd do the exact opposite of Beckford if you were in his situation is lying.

People are lying if they said they'd rather go to Bolton and start than stay at Leicester and be in the reserves (assuming they weren't Leicester fans of course)?

For the record I'd play for Leicester for nothing. Shit, i'd probably play for Bolton for any amount of money.

I'd say almost no job makes people feel as passionate as playing sport does/should. Most of them certainly aren't as enjoyable.

And you know what, it's not uncommon for people to take a job that is more enjoyable (let's say their dream job for the sake of argument) for less money than one which pays more but is boring and unfulfilling.

I think if he was a real man he'd do that. He's got money, now what would he rather do? Get more money, or get the most out of a career you assume he was passionate about at one time?

He has a legal right to sit around and collect his money but I have no respect for that when he's got the talent to do something with more meaning.

People are lying if they said they'd rather go to Bolton and start than stay at Leicester and be in the reserves (assuming they weren't Leicester fans of course)?

For the record I'd play for Leicester for nothing. Shit, i'd probably play for Bolton for any amount of money.

I'd say almost no job makes people feel as passionate as playing sport does/should. Most of them certainly aren't as enjoyable.

And you know what, it's not uncommon for people to take a job that is more enjoyable (let's say their dream job for the sake of argument) for less money than one which pays more but is boring and unfulfilling.

I think if he was a real man he'd do that. He's got money, now what would he rather do? Get more money, or get the most out of a career you assume he was passionate about at one time?

He has a legal right to sit around and collect his money but I have no respect for that when he's got the talent to do something with more meaning.

Have you go no respect for Conrad Logan aswell then? Clearly got the talent to play for a league 1 or 2 team but is happy just to sit on the bench every week collecting his money.

Massively agree.

What a wonderful situation to be, playing football and earning a good wage from it. I'd happily take a pay cut if it meant I got more time on the pitch as I'd be able to continue doing what I love doing most. I wouldn't mind that I lost a bit of income as I' still have loads anyway. I'd just have to put with the one Ferrari rather than two.

lol Jesus, it was ****ing 1982 when he was winning stuff in Sweden, I wasn't even born when he won those trophies.

Shall we bring in George Graham and Howard Wilkinson for a try?, they won league titles after Sven won things on merit.

Football has completely passed him by, it's astonishing some people can't see it.

Like some people on here who think their opinion is correct and anyone who's opinion is different is wrong. (not saying thats you Matt)

Sven maybe a has been but unlike everyone on here He has been at top of the game.

Love the way we all talk about Beckford assuming its his fault the move has broken down. I've never detested a Leicester player more so than him, but he's not to blame on this one. It's the club's stupid fault for putting him on a huge contract, with ridiculous sell on clauses relating to his previous club Everton. That's why we can't shift him. It's down to (once again) the piss poor management of our finances in the past.

Have you go no respect for Conrad Logan aswell then? Clearly got the talent to play for a league 1 or 2 team but is happy just to sit on the bench every week collecting his money.

Yeh I'd say that's a fair point.

A real man?

This needs to be sorted-its a total farce.I gave the club the benefit because SW was away BUT it is US who needs the wages gone and Bolton have said it si down to us to sort the paper work out.I fear they will pull out and we will be left with a player on 38K aweek that we cant play because of money owed to Everton and we unable to get much neede new players in.There is no news in the LM or Bolton papers.Why AN is still in the job is beyond me.We really are becoming a total laughing stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I think that is why when the FFP rules are tested in the European Court they will be found to be a restriction on trade.If someone wants to invest in an company that is loss making in the hpoe that it will become profitable that should be allowed just as our owners hope to get to the prem to in order to make big money.I think I smell another Bosman situation

I think the lawyer that conducted the Bosman case is doing the same for this case.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/uefas-financial-fair-play-rules-face-test-from-the-bosman-lawyer-8605315.html

So you think Neville negotiated all the contracts and fees and at no point told Sven, the board, or the owners the costs involved? Any of them could have at any stage overruled him, they didn't. Not only that, but even if he was being out negotiated, they did nothing to stop him from continuing to do it. Yet in your eyes he takes the lions share of the blame. 

Oh ... so employ a guy to negotiate contracts and then don't trust him to negotiate contracts??? That's not Sven's problem it's AN's.  But hey keep laying it at Sven's door regardless!!

Have we paid out silly money since Pearson came back? Are we overpaying in fees and wages? If as some make out on here the manager and the board have nothing to do with it then what's going on?

I don't know and nor do you. We are both guessing.

Has he improved? Has he been bollocked? Or do we have a manager in charge who is interested in what money gets spent on who, getting value for money etc.

I would suspect that they've taken the responsibility from him and got the manager more involved - having learned from their previous mistake.

The season is 4 weeks away so if he's still here then u can judge him.

It's a negotiation process at the minute so everyone from all camps are trying to get the best deal which is dragging the whole affair out. It's not Beckfords fault, this is just how negotiations go. I can more or less guarantee you that he'll be a Bolton player before the first match is played and more than likely take a paycut to do so

So you think Neville negotiated all the contracts and fees and at no point told Sven, the board, or the owners the costs involved? Any of them could have at any stage overruled him, they didn't. Not only that, but even if he was being out negotiated, they did nothing to stop him from continuing to do it. Yet in your eyes he takes the lions share of the blame. 

Oh ... so employ a guy to negotiate contracts and then don't trust him to negotiate contracts??? That's not Sven's problem it's AN's.  But hey keep laying it at Sven's door regardless!!

Keep laying the blame at Svens door? I have consistently said all three parties are to blame. What you are doing though is effectively laying pretty much all the blame on the piggy in the middle.

Don't trust him to negotiate contracts? Are you not answerable to your bosses. Doesn't matter whether you are a builder, sock packer, designer, printer, footballer, or negotiator. You are answerable to people, and other people above you will keep an eye on what you are doing. He was doing the job for a decent amount of time, you think at no point people would have asked to see figures, looked at what he was doing?

Do you really think the owners just deposited £30m in a bank account and said knock yourself out Andrew?

Have we paid out silly money since Pearson came back? Are we overpaying in fees and wages? If as some make out on here the manager and the board have nothing to do with it then what's going on?

Has he improved? Has he been bollocked? Or do we have a manager in charge who is interested in what money gets spent on who, getting value for money etc.

I would suspect that they've taken the responsibility from him and got the manager more involved - having learned from their previous mistake.

had fitness tests and medical examinations today at Leicester, disagreement about medical conditions? bolton medical? move off? make of it what you will, sadly I know nothing more on the situation.

after saying it was done last week why has this got to happen :(

Keep laying the blame at Svens door? I have consistently said all three parties are to blame. What you are doing though is effectively laying pretty much all the blame on the piggy in the middle.

Don't trust him to negotiate contracts? Are you not answerable to your bosses. Doesn't matter whether you are a builder, sock packer, designer, printer, footballer, or negotiator. You are answerable to people, and other people above you will keep an eye on what you are doing. He was doing the job for a decent amount of time, you think at no point people would have asked to see figures, looked at what he was doing?

Do you really think the owners just deposited £30m in a bank account and said knock yourself out Andrew?

AN is the boss .... Top is the owner. 

He pays AN to run the football side of the club, and would expect that to be done competently. 

Shareholders can't be involved in board or management decisions and nitty gritty running of the club.

They invest and trust the company's Directors. 

I'm the MD of a company and if the shareholders wanted to be involved in every decision i make the company would be crippled and would be totally ineffective. Shareholders trust the board they appoint, if they lose that trust they get rid .... which is what's happened in a nice way to AN now.

Archived