Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Beckford to Bolton

Was wondering when you'd reply!

Fair play, I can't really argue with any of that.

For what it's worth I enjoyed having Sven as our manager and I think he was building a decent side. There is no doubt he's left us with a legacy of overpaid players but what I took objection to was "conman". He's not. He seems to be a very decent bloke who has taken advantage of his hard-earned reputation to land jobs with weslthy backers.

In fact like a lot of those who chase the money he ended up being conned himself at Notts County.

Building a decent side?

Is that why only 3 of his signings were in our first team plans last season??

Was wondering when you'd reply!

Fair play, I can't really argue with any of that.

For what it's worth I enjoyed having Sven as our manager and I think he was building a decent side. There is no doubt he's left us with a legacy of overpaid players but what I took objection to was "conman". He's not. He seems to be a very decent bloke who has taken advantage of his hard-earned reputation to land jobs with weslthy backers.

In fact like a lot of those who chase the money he ended up being conned himself at Notts County.

I didn't realise you'd put anything lol

In 2010/11 I enjoyed it because he took over with absolutely zero expectation to get us promoted and I agree we did look like we were building a strong side, I saw signs in that year that gave me serious belief that we would do something in 11/12 but to be honest, it turned out to be the biggest anti-climax I've had supporting us.

I'm often cynical with my views towards Sven as I believe he was at a point in his career where he was arguably lucky to have us, rather than the other way around, and he didn't really seem to give a toss about the long-term sustainability of the club - I mean how has us not going up affected him?

So much promise but so little delivery, and it wasn't cheap.

I'm sure the Loyalty Bonus is actually for him leaving the Club, as he would be showing more affection and helpfulness towards the Club by fooking off than he would by staying on the pitch and playing for us.

Spot on, the signings of Ball and Johnson summed the bloke up... Any decent manager would have known what was required and more importantly were we needed to strengthen,he gave it no thought at all and just went down the Ex Man city player route,one position we desperately needed strengthening was out wide,yet he signed more centre mids,did we have something like 7 centre mids at that time?

Something like that, and persisted with an average striker (Vassell) on the wing.

11/12 was a car crash. Literally the shittest season other than 07/08.

Something like that, and persisted with an average striker (Vassell) on the wing.

11/12 was a car crash. Literally the shittest season other than 07/08.

Not sure about that. 05/06 06/07 were much worse.

There were no genuine expectations in those seasons though. In 11/12 we were literally the laughing stock of the division.

In terms of expectation, fair enough. But otherwise they were. The football we played, our results and league position.

A Bolton fan I know is insisting they got Beckford on a free transfer

I find this part quite disturbing, is this the way transfers will be done now ? Agree a price (allegedly) then agree terms with the player, then retract the offer to the selling club and see how cheap you can get the player ?

They probably did, Doesn't make a difference to us anyway. The money we would of got would of just gone to Everton

Surely we would still owe Everton the money though?

The only way I could see us giving him on a free is to get him of the wage bill & it's being reported that one more game he played for us they would have been due another instalment.

Haven't people been saying that for the past 2 weeks now? 

Fee agreed, terms agreed, medical passed, everything was done and no reason for it not to go through as reported the other day hiccup over loyalty bonus meant Leicester pulled him back and got him back in training in an attempt to make him force through the move, and as confirmed today by Bolton its been sorted as said above.

Fee agreed, terms agreed, medical passed, everything was done and no reason for it not to go through as reported the other day hiccup over loyalty bonus meant Leicester pulled him back and got him back in training in an attempt to make him force through the move, and as confirmed today by Bolton its been sorted as said above.

Literally cream when I see Toffee Fox under the Transfer Thread heading. Was hoping it was about Baird or Wilson. Dont suppose you have anything to add at all?

Bolton Wanderers chief Gartside confirms Beckford signing

by Kieran Evans, Published Mon 15 Jul 2013 15:30, Last updated: 2013-07-15

Bolton Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside has publicly confirmed that he expects Leicester City striker to join the club.

He told BBC Radio Manchester that a deal bringing the marksman to the club is likely to be finalised in the next 48 hours.

Wanderers opened talks over a move for the Leicester City forward in May, but had been unable to finalise a deal due to a contractual dispute with the Foxes.

It is now believed that a settlement has been agreed on the final two years of his existing contract at the King Power Stadium, clearing the way for his move to the Reebok Stadium on a free transfer.

Gartside said: "We have got one more at least, who we will announce very shortly, then it is a case of settling down and see where we go for the first few weeks of the season.

"We had a bit of a hiccup on Jermaine Beckford but we have probably sorted it out now. Jermaine will join us in the next couple of days."

It's going up again, it was 24 hours this morning

Disastrous signing in just about every respect bar on the field where he was just painfully average. What a spectacular waste of money - even Ade Akinbiyi earnt us £2.5 million back!

Wouldn't be quite so bad if we hadn't just done the same thing with Matt Mills and no doubt we'll have similar problems getting rid of SSL and Danns.

Supporting LCFC is akin to repeatedly slamming your balls in a heavy metal door at times.

Disastrous signing in just about every respect bar on the field where he was just painfully average. What a spectacular waste of money - even Ade Akinbiyi earnt us £3.5 million back!

Wouldn't be quite so bad if we hadn't just done the same thing with Matt Mills and no doubt we'll have similar problems getting rid of SSL and Danns.

Supporting LCFC is akin to repeatedly slamming your balls in a heavy metal door at times.

Well he didn't.

Archived