Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

In terms of having the most managers, yes. 

True. Redknapp can pander to the media how good of him it is to stay at QPR and how someone of his calibre would drop down to the Championship (even though he took them there), only for him to fvck off when Fulham come calling.

I would switch Ipswich for QPR and Barnsley for Blackpool

Ipswich are an improving side and they've got a manager with a very decent record in this league. They'll be top six I reckon. QPR as stated are a shambles and whilst I don't claim to be an expert, hardly any sides who are a total mess get out of this league.

Barnsley I've arguably been generous to but their new manager had a record that would've got them into the top six. I guess we'll see if that was just a decent run or he really is the real deal. Blackpool are one of my tips to go down. They'll lose loads of their players including Ince, their chairman doesn't fancy spending a penny (their pitch says it all) and their manager is shit. Them along with Millwall & Yeovil to go for me.

I hope we get off to a good start for a change and maintain a decent run of form. Forest will be a threat under the guidance of Davies (hurt to say that) Leeds under McDermott will be organised and pose a real challenge for promotion. I think the usual suspects will be there too such as Brighton, Bolton & possibly Blackburn.

My dark horse for this year will be Ipswich. McCarthy turned things around for the tractor boys in the last few months of the season and I think with a pre-season of good training and signings, they could shock a few teams in the division.

Gonna agree with a couple on here and say Ipswich will be up there or abouts...there form under McCarthy was good and improving. Also if the promoted teams like Bournemouth for example carry on there form they'll challenge for playoffs...Don't like to admit this either but I think Derby are getting better under Clough-he's building slow and steady.

As for us I'm always the optimist and saying Champions :-) what's the point in hoping for less :-)

I think Yeovil will be like we were when came back up. Their momentum will get them early points which we all know is vital in this league.

I am looking forward to Yeovil away, already planned Bournemouth, Yeovil and any other south west cup games for this season if I can get tickets. Will pull off Brighton and 1 London club too hopefully. Plus my yearly walkers trip. So wish I had money and lived closer to the kp.

Top 6 for me, in no order

Bolton, Reading, Forest, Leicester, Ipswich, Brighton

Bottom 3 -

Millwall

Blackpool

Yeovil

Honestly think those 3 teams will struggle from the start, also on QPR i think they'll be a mid table side

I could see Millwall struggling as well, big loss for them losing Jackett plus if we could get trotter or someone else get him that would be a big loss too. We can definitely be in the mix again near the end of the season, nothing to fear for me.

This. Although Jackett going is great for us; he well and truly had Pearson's number in the same way that NP has Holloway's.

He did.

It's an utter myth that Millwall is a hard place to go. I swear they lost about half their home games last year. They're utter shite and we fall to them every time without fail.

Pitiful bogey side to have.

Yeovil will go for me. I fancy them to pick up some surprise away win first game like a 0-1 at Burnley or somewhere, and end up about 8th by September, but they'll slowly crash and come 24th. I'd love to see them stay up though, they're genuinely the smallest club I remember at this level.

Yeovil will go for me. I fancy them to pick up some surprise away win first game like a 0-1 at Burnley or somewhere, and end up about 8th by September, but they'll slowly crash and come 24th. I'd love to see them stay up though, they're genuinely the smallest club I remember at this level.

Although it's very likely they'll enjoy their season in the sun and be relegated again at first asking, I wouldn't be surprised if they shock a few people and end up in the play-offs. This league is too mental

Archived