Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Good on him for speaking out about those clappers. Both clubs who used them lost in each semi-final, serves both clubs right. What an awful racket, who wants to hear that, really?

Good on him for speaking out about those clappers. Both clubs who used them lost in each semi-final, serves both clubs right. What an awful racket, who wants to hear that, really?

We won the game we used them in and were applauded by the opposition team for our atmosphere!

Indeed, seems an odd decision really, appointing a man who hasn't shown any real capability yet. Did ok at Oldham - Doncaster is arguably a similar job, keeping a relatively small club in the division. Bit more funding though I suppose.

Don't see them stretching beyond the bottom third tbh.

too early to call although i can see Bournemouth surprising a few.

Only if they strengthen heavily. At the moment they're just like Yeovil- League 1 standard who rode their luck.

I read they spent quite a bit last season and lost 3-4 million so getting promoted really was important for Bournemouth.

Yeovil might be like Scunthorpe - put up a good fight but not quite enough.

They have done very well to get this far though - great job.

I think Bolton will be right up there but I can't see any of the three coming down being that much of a threat next season.

Can see the top 6 looking like this;

1) Bolton (Starting to look the deal with Freedman).

2) Leicester (Assuming we keep our main assets, we're not far off and I think NP and the Thais know it).

3) Brighton (They've got good players and I think that whoever takes over will enjoy a successful season, assuming Poyet leaves).

4) Forest (The scottish Goblin seems to get the best out of Forest. As painful as it is to say).

5) Charlton (I think Powell will be an extremely good manager in the future. He's built that Charlton team from scratch and they were firing on all cylinders at the end of the season).

6) Bournemouth (Big shout, think they've got a cracking manager and a few handy players. Will be tough. Honourable mentions for Wigan, Reading, Leeds, Blackburn and Derby).

I cannot see Leicester finishing top eight next season atm. 

Think Wigan will struggle as well. 

Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton, Bournemouth, Brighton, Charlton, Ipswich, Leicester, Forest, QPR, Reading, Watford and Wigan are the main contenders for me, any of them could win the Championship. 

Top Six hopefully, but not sure about automatic promotion. 

Leeds and Reading near the top. Mainly because of their managers. They have the experience to get promotion.

Ourselves, Forest, Bolton will challenge well.

Hoping QPR will get about mid-table - will most of their stars leave? A lot depends on how they replace them. Same goes for Wigan. I'm sure a few of their relatively higher-profile players will be bought by Premier League teams.

My opinion will change when I know what managers and players each team have. But based on what teams have at the minute.

Bolton (If they play how they was and bring in the players they want will do a Cardiff)

Reading (Strong team)

Forest (Again play how they was and bring in some new players they will be strong)

Leicester (Play how we did at the start and a few good performances towards the end with new players we should be up there)

Leeds (Manager knows the league and did well last few games, few transfers they will be up there)

Derby (underdogs I actually think they could sneak 6th next season)

Relegation

Millwall

Barnsley

Yeovil

If we finish above Reading, we'll be playing Prem football the following year IMO. Think Wigan will struggle. Bolton looking good as well. Think Ipswich will be good for a play-off place. Too early to judge now - wait until we've got our squad sorted before making any predictions RE: Leicester!

Archived