Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
qwerty123

Pearson sacked?

The players have had their say in this I bet I wouldn't be centring the blame on the owners at this stage if they have complained that Pearson isn't good enough tactically for promotion then what are the owners meant to do?

So you're saying we shouldn't blame the owners for sacking Pearson based on a load of made up rubbish about the players complaining about his tactis. Unbelievable.

The players have had their say in this I bet I wouldn't be centring the blame on the owners at this stage if they have complained that Pearson isn't good enough tactically for promotion then what are the owners meant to do?

Not let the players run the club?

Well this is what you've been asking for. I think it was you who even said something along the lines of 'just sack him and worry about who to appoint later - plenty of people will apply'

Well I hope you and the board get what you wished for.

Don't take it personally, it's probably all bullshit anyway.

lol

Because I'm sure the board keep the Birch abreast of all major developments in the football club before they go to press.

I can see it now...

"It's good, reads well but you should add a few more 'y'know's in there"

Worried... Worried... you've done nothing but rip him to shreds for two years. I would have thought you'd be jumping for joy!

What's the saying again? "Even a blind chicken can find a piece of grain at some point".

I think some people are getting a bit hysterical here.

Just because we get a new manager does not mean everything Pearson has done will be undone. It does not necessarily lead to an overhaul and another transitional season.

If people are hearing Poyet's name and comparing him to Sousa that's a bit silly. When we replaced Pearson with Sousa he did undo everyhting Pearson had done and was a disaster. But Poyet is not Sousa. He's probably a decent manager, I'm not saying I'd want him, but he's no Sousa.

I don't think that there is no argument for sacking Pearson, but it's a risky decision. The question was whether he knew what had gone wrong last season and whether he could fix it. The Thais obviously thought he didn't.

I'm sad to see him go if true, but I was beginning to lose faith in him. He made so many frusstrating errors in the second half of the season to screw things up.

By the way, whoever the next manager is, he'll be getting the same impatience from me some people showed Pearson throughout his time here. If the owners made the decision to sack Pearson that tells me promotion next season is the only acceptable outcome. So that's what I expect.

Don't take it personally, it's probably all bullshit anyway.

I'm not taking it personally. I'll support whoever our manager is and whoever is playing for us at the start of next season, and I want us to do well regardless of who is in charge. Would I have preferred Pearson to stay? Yes. I think it made the most sense fiancially and in terms of stability, plus the fact that he's gotten us promoted or in the playoffs in every full season he's had here is a big tick in the stay column too.

I think the owners are playing a very dangerous game with our football club and if the rumours are true and we're bringing in Poyet, that'll involve another overhaul in tactics and players with absolutely no continuity from last season at all.

If it pays off, great. If it doesn't, all we're left with is another managerial vacancy and a few more million pounds piled on to Top's slate.

Just because we get a new manager does not mean everything Pearson has done will be undone. It does not necessarily lead to an overhaul and another transitional season.

If people are hearing Poyet's name and comparing him to Sousa that's a bit silly. When we replaced Pearson with Sousa he did undo everyhting Pearson had done and was a disaster. But Poyet is not Sousa. He's probably a decent manager, I'm not saying I'd want him, but he's no Sousa.

I don't think that there is no argument for sacking Pearson, but it's a risky decision. The question was whether he knew what had gone wrong last season and whether he could fix it. The Thais obviously thought he didn't.

I'm sad to see him go if true, but I was beginning to lose faith in him. He made so many frusstrating errors in the second half of the season to screw things up.

By the way, whoever the next manager is, he'll be getting the same impatience from me some people showed Pearson throughout his time here. If the owners made the decision to sack Pearson that tells me promotion next season is the only acceptable outcome. So that's what I expect.

Who linked him to Sousa.... the only link was me saying I can't understand a sodding word either of them say! lol

Yep, completely agree with this. If they've sacked Pearson then automatic promotion is the aim next season, not playoffs, they've nailed their colours to the mast well and truly now. Hope the new manager us us in the top two all season, or there will be a lot of dissenting voices on here.

I'm not taking it personally. I'll support whoever our manager is and whoever is playing for us at the start of next season, and I want us to do well regardless of who is in charge. Would I have preferred Pearson to stay? Yes. I think it made the most sense fiancially and in terms of stability, plus the fact that he's gotten us promoted or in the playoffs in every full season he's had here is a big tick in the stay column too.

I think the owners are playing a very dangerous game with our football club and if the rumours are true and we're bringing in Poyet, that'll involve another overhaul in tactics and players with absolutely no continuity from last season at all.

If it pays off, great. If it doesn't, all we're left with is another managerial vacancy and a few more million pounds piled on to Top's slate.

Is there a huge difference between how Brighton play and how we did prior to that poor run?

The promotion was almost a given, for me, as we had a good squad for that level, it's not as if we're the only team to do it recently.

At least with another Sousa situation we can have someone rescue the club from oblivion after 8 games, take us to around 7th/8th, go back to 11th and still say he was better than the man who finished 6th.

:scarf:

During the bad run I thought he would go, and could possibly be justified. But the last 6 league games we lost only 1, and in the Play Offs we were a kick from Wembley. People complain about the style of football but when did we ever beat teams 6-0 before and have players such with Knockaert's flair.

In the Play Offs at home anyway I don't think the football was bad at all, especially in the first half. 2nd leg we played a more direct game to a plan, as frankly they were terrible at defending any set pieces and the ball in the air. Nigel is the only person to get us anywhere near the Premier League and the progression made in terms of potential on and off the pitch seem stupid to throw away.

Archived