Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
qwerty123

Pearson sacked?

Yep, completely agree with this. If they've sacked Pearson then automatic promotion is the aim next season, not playoffs, they've nailed their colours to the mast well and truly now. Hope the new manager us us in the top two all season, or there will be a lot of dissenting voices on here.

Pearson has been given 18 months which included 2 chances of promotion.

Why, just because Pearson has gone, would people give the new manager a hard time straight from the off?

If you were willing to give Pearson a third bite at the apple you should do the same for the new manager.

Whoever gets the job next(assuming this is true) it's not their fault that Pearson's been sacked. Just as the Sven bummers made themselves look silly by constantly blaming Pearson for the slightest setback and looking for unfavourable comparisons when he was first appointed, sniping and bickering won't achieve anything.

Guest BlueBrett

We've apparently approached Poyet and that's why he's been suspended. Their story of why he's even suspended is a cover up. 

Great so we are going to be liable for a massive compensation payout as well as whatever triangle head wants in wages.

I hope this isn't true.  If Pearson is really gone why can't we just go to a normal down to earth manager who relies on tactics rather than signings to deliver success.  I'd take Kenny Jackett over Poyet any day.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind Poyet? People are passing judgement on the guy just because of his arrogance in his interview after the play semi and the RUMOURS he's argued over the transfer budget.

His teams play mostly attractive and effective football and I for one would be happy with the appointment.

Football fans are a moronic breed. Who'd be stupid enough to return their season ticket when they don't know who has replaced him? When they haven't given him a couple of months? The owners have the complete right to do this. 

I don't think that, as a couple of people have said, this decision is merely a footballing one. It's evident that the guy's a bit of a **** when we wants to be and has no interest in any publicity, player relations or indeed any respect for those who don't fit his 'criteria'. He'd be much more suited to an assistant manager's job at a bigger club because, as he's proven during both spells, he can't keep people happy, nor can he get over the finish line when he's in the big chair. 

Gus doesn't scream 'going forward', no, but what appointment can assure success?

That's if it's true, if not...  :pearson:

Why does this make me a moron? I bought my season ticket based on the improvement that has been made under Nigel Pearson, it doesn't matter who replaces him (if he has gone), the point is he shouldn't be going!

Yeah, but BERT says it's true ?!!

Before you or anyone else starts was just relaying what I was told. Not made up. No bullshit. Wouldn't have said it if I thought it was lies.

No back tracking either. Firmly believe it's happened because of what I was told. BUT I'm just hoping that it's not true.

Slate me all you want, but there's 3 other people

In this thread that have assured you all that it's happened, whereas I haven't.

The more I think about it all the more I get annoyed with the sacking (if he has gone) still awaiting confirmation from official sources

Most of our fans felt NP should stay and at least have the start of the season to show he has learnt from the last 5months or so

If we can't change our form and still playing sh*t football then make a change before jan, but not now give NP the chance to improve the team

Gutted if true.

I don't want to change all over again.

This is part of a rebuilding process and we'd done extremely well to have a shot at the play-offs whilst Pearson was still rebuilding our side.

Now we'll most likely have to do it all over again and at some considerable cost.

I'm not happy if this is true. Devastated, actually.

Guest BlueBrett

I suggest we all leave this thread until something concrete emerges. No point hanging around here massaging the ego of an unreliable ITK

Archived