Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

Blimey this thread bought back some memories.

My GCSE exams were misty eyed days. Long hot days under the tree on the field with friends and football, printing off the World Cup fixtures and predicting who would win (Germany. Incorrect) Long summer evenings building up to the World Cup with revision and then enjoying WC matches while definitely not revising.

Exam leave was cracking. Can't believe it's eight years since I did them. I remember my last exam was on 20 June; it was a hot day and the only World Cup game I missed live (apart from the same time kick off), and Argentina buried Serbia & Montenegro 6-0.  :rolleyes: (As I'm sounding like an old man I'll say those were the days when June was consistently hot!)

AS and A2 exam leave hasn't got a patch on GCSE. God that was a good summer.

Really loved Twitter after lots of the exams this year. Being able to show the errors, the idiotic questions and sarcasm has been great.

• 10 months later...

Thought I'd bring this thread back for this year.

Got 10 A Level exams coming up, 3 of them being resits. With the first one being Psychology on Monday. Feeling a lot more confident this year than I was for my AS exams last year.

Anyone else got exams coming up?

I have 10, 6 AS exams, 2 Pre-U history exams and 2 General Studies which doesn't count. Did a history run through today, 2 and a half hours of straight writing is draining.

Wait til you get to uni - i have two exams that are 3hr15 and one 2hr30 in a few weeks

Got my last 4 exams of uni in a couple weeks. Dreading some, but looking forward to the rest. Thankfully they're in order from 'easiest' to worst so I've got more time on those.

Game theory on the 26th, medical stats on the 31st, mathematical biology on the 2nd then Random Processes on the 6th.

Thankfully, now that I've got coursework results back and my dissertation result was much better than expected, I'm already on a good 2:2 for my degree even if I don't go to these exams :)

After all that, my days of academia are over. Wow.

Got my last 4 exams of uni in a couple weeks. Dreading some, but looking forward to the rest. Thankfully they're in order from 'easiest' to worst so I've got more time on those.

Game theory on the 26th, medical stats on the 31st, mathematical biology on the 2nd then Random Processes on the 6th.

Thankfully, now that I've got coursework results back and my dissertation result was much better than expected, I'm already on a good 2:2 for my degree even if I don't go to these exams :)

Don't. :unsure: If I were doing it all over again, I would have done a Masters then a Doctorate and then started full time work at about aged 28.

Yep, all written. I don't think so - i reckon most exams i've done they give you just about exactly the right amount of time

For pre-U history and A-level politics I feel like they give us 5 or 10 minutes too few, I know it tests how we write under pressure but it gets to a stage where it's how quickly you can write, not how well. Ah well, I'll get through it

For pre-U history and A-level politics I feel like they give us 5 or 10 minutes too few, I know it tests how we write under pressure but it gets to a stage where it's how quickly you can write, not how well. Ah well, I'll get through it

A2 Psychology is very difficult for time management. 3 24 mark essays in 90 minutes is tough. Just non-stop writing.

**** I wish mine would get results back to me that quickly, I'll be surprised if I get my dissertation grade back before my exam results.

Done my English GCSE exam just my maths (which I am dreading) and science ones to do. 

Only need pass two off them to do the access course next year which will open up the way to uni.

Been hard work so far but will get there as I am to stubborn not to , only advice I give people is do it while younger it is not easy going back to college with so many responsibilities x 

Done my English GCSE exam just my maths (which I am dreading) and science ones to do. 

Only need pass two off them to do the access course next year which will open up the way to uni.

Been hard work so far but will get there as I am to stubborn not to , only advice I give people is do it while younger it is not easy going back to college with so many responsibilities x 

Watch videos for maths, works with me at A level, if you watch people working through it nice and clearly it a.) helps you know what type of question they tend to ask and b.) shows you the best, clearest methods.

Watch videos for maths, works with me at A level, if you watch people working through it nice and clearly it a.) helps you know what type of question they tend to ask and b.) shows you the best, clearest methods.

Thank you so much will have a look appreciate the advice x 

my daughter uses those.She started her GCSEs yesterday.2 down of 28 exams!

Can remember you did exceptionally well the other year.She has got on the course she wants at Hills Cambridge,which has outstanding results for a comprehensive 6th form,but that comes with pressures as they are ruthless .

Wants to do PPE( politics,philosophy economics) sounds a right bag of laughs!

my daughter uses those.She started her GCSEs yesterday.2 down of 28 exams!

Can remember you did exceptionally well the other year.She has got on the course she wants at Hills Cambridge,which has outstanding results for a comprehensive 6th form,but that comes with pressures as they are ruthless .

Wants to do PPE( politics,philosophy economics) sounds a right bag of laughs!

Good luck to her, she might change her mind during sixth form as to what she fancies (I thought about PPE at one point) but as she's got 28 exams, make sure she keeps her chin up if one goes badly - she has plenty of chances to put it right! Hopefully mine go as well as last year  :D  8 exams that matter in comparison to 23 last year is a nice change

Archived